Ok, now listen very carefully.

1. Find a toad (toad, not frog) with a yellow stripe on it

2. Tie one leg of this toad to a stick (Preferably willow)

3. Place this stick in the north facing window of a house home to at least 3 cats

4. Pray to the gods of insanity that they might inspire you.

Once that's done, post a character idea here and we'll work out where they can fit in. :P

Don't forget licking the toad. That's the most important part but make sure it's poison is only a hallucinogen and not leathal. :ph34r:

I don't think we should. The Dalles is already kind of overflowing with Epics: even getting rid of a couple, we've still got more than enough for plenty of character interactions and opportunities for chaos. Especially when you take into account the dormant characters like Quicksilver's gang. The way I see it, we're only just now getting back to a manageable level. :ph34r:

You're the Boss man.

First of, here's a new class meeting.

4ba5fc22ebe0af14aac60dc4e6605cb4.png

Even when the opinionator's only foot in this door is a probably-not-super-important vanilla? xD

Why yes, as long as you can put up with our madness you're more than welcome, absolutely no need to be shy. ;)

Random idea I had for characters interacting in the nexts Dalles day. Deathwish and Frostfire, the later getting aggrevated by the former, potentially making remarks about Edgerunner.

Oh and if it turns out we actually have done everything for the day in Portland, any ideas how to actually start the next day?

Why yes, as long as you can put up with our madness you're more than welcome, absolutely no need to be shy. ;)

Random idea I had for characters interacting in the nexts Dalles day. Deathwish and Frostfire, the later getting aggrevated by the former, potentially making remarks about Edgerunner.

Oh and if it turns out we actually have done everything for the day in Portland, any ideas how to actually start the next day?

Dang. Not even Shiny Sparkle wants to date Lucentia. :P:lol:

Ooh, I like that. It might drive Frostfire to murder, but it'd definitely be entertaining. :ph34r:

Well, what are we doing first with Lightwards--is he going to do a speech that gets crashed by CorpseMaker, or are we going to do the Chimera battle first?

Dang. Not even Shiny Sparkle wants to date Lucentia. :P:lol:

Ooh, I like that. It might drive Frostfire to murder, but it'd definitely be entertaining. :ph34r:

Well, what are we doing first with Lightwards--is he going to do a speech that gets crashed by CorpseMaker, or are we going to do the Chimera battle first?

To be fair, with that approach I'm on Lucentia's side on this one. :P

Not very effective murder I am afraid. :ph34r:

Hmm, he wants something to distract his allies, so he might want to do it in the morning before much happens, plus being attacked by Corpsemaker would probably turn his attention away from Chimera. So I'd say the museum first.

I think Funtimes had the right idea, Lucentia. :P

No, there won't be another Funtimes post on this game day. I'll catch up with her in the morning.

Hey guys I have an epic idea. Hahaha get it? An Epic idea? No? Okay then....anyways.....

Epic Name: Siren

Name Pre-Epicness: Allie Pherney

Abilities: Like the Sirens in old stories whose enchanting songs led sailors to their doom, Siren's song is irresistible and can put anyone besides other High Epics under her control. She is covered in impenetrable iridescent scales. The rock-hard scales elevate her to High Epic status. Underwater she undergoes a transformation during which she acquires gills and webbing between her elongated fingers and toes. All of her senses are enhanced, excluding her hearing. She can only heal internal wounds, and her healing powers are greater underwater.

Humanly Weaknesses: Siren is hearing impaired and cannot hear without her hearing aids. Additionally, if one wears earplugs around Siren and can't hear her song, one would not fall under her control.

Weakness: Siren can only be killed by someone she is fond of. A friend, or an ally. She kinda killed all her old friends though and isn't very good at making new ones...

Past: Siren is hearing impaired. She had been a dancer since she was 2 but was forced to stop in sixth grade, when she was accidentally shot in the back by a friend and the bullet severed her spine, paralyzing her from the waist down. Siren was a Junior in high school when Calamity appeared in the sky. She did not gain her powers until about 2 years later. Exceptionally smart for her age, Siren was 14 turning 15 in her Junior year (so she was about 17 when she got her powers). She was the first chair oboist in her school's band, and placed third in solo/ensemble competition for her region. She had a deathly fear of water and all things that lived in it. After she gained her powers her spine healed itself and she went after everyone she had ever felt even slightly fond of. However when she went to kill her boyfriend, he was prepared. He shot her in the thigh and she began to bleed. Alot. After fleeing the scene she was able to heal herself in Blue Lake.

Hobbies: Siren's favorite pastime is watching people under her spell kill their loved ones. 

Personality: Calm and quiet. Pondering. Nice and sweet. Polite, until she kills your family.

Physical Appearance: Tall, with dark brown hair cornrowed back into a neat ponytail. Big, grey-green eyes and a small nose. She would be pretty if you know, she wasn't covered in iridescent scales from head to toe. Speaking of toes, her feet are super long and become webbed for better swimming underwater. Same with her fingers.

Edited by Buffy0012

It'd definitely be a very volatile combination. :P Deathwish is the sort of person that Frostfire would absolutely despise. (I'd actually about suggesting this one myself. Frostfire/Ozy could have been interesting, but he's currently without a writer, and Deathwish might be better, anyways.)

Not very effective murder I am afraid. :ph34r:

Depends what you define as murder... I hear extreme hyper/hypothermia can be pretty nasty, and that doesn't strike me as the sort of thing that would get reflected.... :ph34r:

Hey guys I have an epic idea. Hahaha get it? An Epic idea? No? Okay then....anyways.....

Abilities: Like the Sirens in old stories whose enchanting songs led sailors to their doom, Siren's song is irresistible and can put anyone besides other High Epics under her control. She is covered in impenetrable iridescent scales. The rock-hard scales elevate her to High Epic status. Underwater she undergoes a transformation during which she acquires gills and webbing between her elongated fingers and toes. All of her senses are enhanced, excluding her hearing. She can only heal internal wounds, and her healing powers are greater underwater.

Humanly Weaknesses: Siren is hearing impaired and cannot hear without her hearing aids. Additionally, if one wears earplugs around Siren and can't hear her song, one would not fall under her control.

Weakness: Siren can only be killed by someone she is fond of. A friend, or an ally. She kinda killed all her old friends though and isn't very good at making new ones...

Past: Siren is hearing impaired. She had been a dancer since she was 2 but was forced to stop in sixth grade, when she was accidentally shot in the back by a friend and the bullet severed her spine, paralyzing her from the waist down. Siren was a Junior in high school when Calamity appeared in the sky. She did not gain her powers until about 2 years later. Exceptionally smart for her age, Siren was 14 turning 15 in her Junior year (so she was about 17 when she got her powers). She was the first chair oboist in her school's band, and placed third in solo/ensemble competition for her region. She had a deathly fear of water and all things that lived in it. After she gained her powers her spine healed itself and she went after everyone she had ever felt even slightly fond of. However when she went to kill her boyfriend, he was prepared. He shot her in the thigh and she began to bleed. Alot. After fleeing the scene she was able to heal herself in Blue Lake.

Hobbies: Siren's favorite pastime is watching people under her spell kill their loved ones. 

Personality: Calm and quiet. Pondering. Nice and sweet. Polite, until she kills your family.

Physical Appearance: Tall, with dark brown hair cornrowed back into a neat ponytail. Big, grey-green eyes and a small nose. She would be pretty if you know, she wasn't covered in iridescent scales from head to toe. Speaking of toes, her feet are super long and become webbed for better swimming underwater. Same with her fingers.

I get it! :P

Anyway, I like it but got a couple of points, while from a meta perspective seperating into High Epic status makes sense, it makes rather little for it to matter to a powers mechanic, given that there isn't a 100% exact measurment for when a Epic becomes a High Epic. Also are people only under her control while she sings or is there a lingering after effect? Are her senses only enhanced in water or always?

Any idea already where and how you want to fit her in?

Depends what you define as murder... I hear extreme hyper/hypothermia can be pretty nasty, and that doesn't strike me as the sort of thing that would get reflected.... :ph34r:

Depends, cooling him so extremely that it's instantly fatal would make his skin very brittle and could be counted as damage and if he cools him down more gently Deathwhish could probably get away same for heating him up.

It'd definitely be a very volatile combination. :P Deathwish is the sort of person that Frostfire would absolutely despise. (I'd actually about suggesting this one myself. Frostfire/Ozy could have been interesting, but he's currently without a writer, and Deathwish might be better, anyways.)

I was just throwing ideas out there. I was hoping other people would come up with better suggestions, so yeah.

Happy Punday! :P 

I like her, too, though I was wondering about her weakness. Does she lose her powers in the presence of someone she's fond of? If so, how did she kill her friends during her Rending? 

I'd guess that much, I was more interested if he only gets his jaw on, let's say someone ankle instead of the whole 

The ankle would be bitten off, but it would be a clean cut. Kind of what would happen if a shard blade cut a non living thing, except on a human.

I get it! :P

Anyway, I like it but got a couple of points, while from a meta perspective seperating into High Epic status makes sense, it makes rather little for it to matter to a powers mechanic, given that there isn't a 100% exact measurment for when a Epic becomes a High Epic. Also are people only under her control while she sings or is there a lingering after effect? Are her senses only enhanced in water or always?

Any idea already where and how you want to fit her in?

Depends, cooling him so extremely that it's instantly fatal would make his skin very brittle and could be counted as damage and if he cools him down more gently Deathwhish could probably get away same for heating him

Her senses are only enhanced in water, and peeps are only under her control when she sings. When she releases them they come back fully conscious and realize what they've done, which is kinda why Siren enjoys it so much. And for fitting in I really don't know or mind where she ends up. I was thinking Astoria because the Columbia is right there, but anywhere with water works really.

Happy Punday! :P

I like her, too, though I was wondering about her weakness. Does she lose her powers in the presence of someone she's fond of? If so, how did she kill her friends during her Rending? 

Hi! :lol: 

Hmmmmm....lemme grab my sewing kit so I can stitch up that plot hole......

Her senses are only enhanced in water, and peeps are only under her control when she sings. When she releases them they come back fully conscious and realize what they've done, which is kinda why Siren enjoys it so much. And for fitting in I really don't know or mind where she ends up. I was thinking Astoria because the Columbia is right there, but anywhere with water works really.

You'd be welcome to join Astoria. Although given both the power scale there (majority of the player characters High Epics) and generally no one liking if they loose control over their character, it may work better if you switch the limitation on her song to only work on Vanillas (aka normal people) and add some other powers.

Hi! :lol:

Hmmmmm....lemme grab my sewing kit so I can stitch up that plot hole......

Oh look Punday continues. :P

The siren seems like a fine Epic. To fix the weakness and friends hole, you can say that she can only be hurt by those she like, but she can still controll them.

How does her power distinct who is high epic and who is not? What kinds of PI grant invulnerability to her songs?

Edited by Mestiv

The siren seems like a fine Epic. To fix the weakness and friends hole, you can say that she can only be hurt by those she like, but she can still controll her.

How does her power distinct who is high epic and who is not? What kinds of PI grant invulnerability to her songs?

Her weakness only affecting parts of her power would make rather little sense to be honest.

Maybe she can only be hurt or killed by someone who likes and/or trusts her? Then it'd be kind of like Steelheart's weakness, in the sense that when she does something to betray that trust (like trying to kill them) they no longer trigger her weakness? 

Well no, that's still the same problem of her powers directly interacting with her weakness, just putting some words before it that don't actually make sense in context.