Buy the book get the e-book.

Hi!

I have on a couple of occasions seen references to that you can get the e-book for free if you have bought the book. How does that work? I'm thinking that searching a e-book would make theorising and speculation much easier.

I believe Brandon has said to email him a picture of your receipt. I could be wrong on that one.

Ah, right, here's the proper page:

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/book/The-Emperors-Soul

Right at the bottom where I missed it the first time

Note: If you buy or already bought the Tachyon Publications trade paperback and want a free copy of the ebook, email your paperback receipt or a picture of yourself holding the book to [email protected]. We'll get the ebook to you within a couple of days.

Edited by Phantom Monstrosity

To expand a bit, Brandon seems to be doing this with all the books he has the eBook rights to. You can download a free copy of Warbreaker right off his site, also. The problem is that the publishers don't exactly like leaving Brandon with the eBook rights for the bigger releases.

P.S. And yes, searching makes theorizing much more convenient. Copy-pasting passages is nice as well.

Edited by Kurkistan

• 2 weeks later...

I like to have both, when reading at home it is nice to have a full book, but it is just too convenient to be able to pop out my iphone and read the book while on the bus, or during a slow time at work.

The ebooks are mostly useful to me for finding quotes for theories and the Coppermind. It's a lot easier to just use Find and have the computer get every instance of a topic rather than paging through it by hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic