I met one of you in person, so...

I met someone at the Provo library signing. You took the picture of the crowd and announced it was for this site. I rather creepily yelled out "YES!!!" which scared all my friends and everyone else in the first three rows. I wasn't registered here, but I called myself a professional lurker because I've been around from the very beginning. Since you were disappointed that I wasn't a site member and promised not to spike me I figured I would actually sign up here.

Anyway, nice to finally join you crazy lot in an official capacity!

About me: I've been a fan from the beginning! I grew up down the street from a member of the Sanderson family who shall remain unnamed (mostly so I sound less like a stalker, and also all that anonymity jazz). I picked up Elantris and Mistborn right when Mistborn came out, and have been an avid fan ever since. I convinced my high school's book club to read Elantris, and on a whim emailed Brandon about answering some of our questions or on the slimmest of chances visiting us in person to talk about the book. He actually came (which surprised everyone and made me a bit of a celebrity among my fellow nerds!) and I've been hooked on getting my friends to read his books ever since.

When I'm not reading, I'm watching too many SF/F tv shows and movies, writing something of my own, playing with my cats, or explaining to people that I actually like studying chemistry. The rest is a secret, and you know what we say about secrets...  ;)

-ProfessionalLurker

Welcome!  I am that person who told you to join!  And as promised, we shall not spike you.  (Now stealing breath, that was never mentioned.  I mean.........)

Mi'ch, don't make promises we can't keep...

*ahem* Welcome Lurker! I lost my waffle graphic, sadly, but just imagine there is a picture of a big waffle here, just for you.

And so another Lurker is drawn in. Only 6 more, and we'll have enough souls fun to complete the ritual party!

Sounds like...fun?

Yeah, but combat lurkers are insane.

New dream job, right there! Where can I apply?  ;) Let the others have their lurching, I'm in it for the lurking!

Welcome!  I am that person who told you to join!  And as promised, we shall not spike you.  (Now stealing breath, that was never mentioned.  I mean.........)

Glad to know who you are finally! And that you're the promise-keeping sort. (Could a Keeper store promises, do you suppose? That could be a fun metal to have around.)

Mi'ch, don't make promises we can't keep...

*ahem* Welcome Lurker! I lost my waffle graphic, sadly, but just imagine there is a picture of a big waffle here, just for you.

That is without a doubt the prettiest waffle I have ever seen.  ;)

• Chaos locked this topic