Random Stuff II

I just bought myself a birthday present!  It's a card game called Exploding Kittens.

....there might be something wrong with me.

Don't worry. It's perfectly normal for Sharders to buy games about kittens.  (Even exploding ones)

...After all, we do watch a show about ponies.

*Cough Cough* The lone survivor of the Herd's stampede across the forums sits back in his seat as he continues to watch Japanese cartoons and eat homemade donuts and hums "Sound Life" to himself.

It's your birthday? Congratulations! :lol:

Thank you!

Australia according to the Internet.

xwUKdKm.jpg

It left out the drop bears.  It's very important to warn tourists about drop bears.  Just ask any native Australian.

For you, Kaymyth: 

q0x4r.jpg

You know that you've gained Twi's affection when she showers you with pugs.

Ok so Kaymyth, totally and completely unrelated to the birthday thing

What does your pony oc look like if you have one?

As Silverblade said, I did ponify myself and included it on the Featured Forum Member thingie.  But....here I am again, for posterity:

MeponyWithBackground%20copy.png

Edited by Kaymyth

Sorry to bring this up, but...

I happen to have achieved something extremely difficult in Pokemon. (Don't judge me!)

APXiiad.png

That's a blurry picture I took of my new Shiny!Charizard. I've wanted one ever since I saw a piece of Generation II Fanart called "Encounter with Shiny Pokemon."

For those of you who have no idea what this is, "shiny-ness" is a game concept introduced in Gen II (Gold, Silver, and Crystal) where all 'Mons you encounter have a 1/8192 chance of being generated with an alternate color scheme. Sometimes, the difference is barely noticeable, such as with Sandshrew's shiny form:

Spr_3r_027.pngSpr_3r_027_s.png

But other times it makes it look incredibly cool. Case in point, Charizard:

Spr_5b_006.pngSpr_5b_006_s.png

Black with red wings... I'm salivating.

Uh... anyway. Gen VI (The most recent) doubled the rate of shiny encounters to 1/4096, and using the Masuda Method (breeding a normal 'Mon with one traded in from a foreign country, in this case a Japanese Ditto with 2 perfect IV's) you can further increase the rate to 1/512. That still means doing a lot of back and forth between the Day-Care (AKA egg production facility) and the center of Lumiose City (an endless circle, which means you can slide a dime underneath the 3DS circle pad and do whatever you want for a few minutes while the eggs hatch) and also means you get a whole bunch of baby Charmanders in your PC, but the odds are far more managable. (Actually, I'm not sure what to do with all of these Charmanders. They've joined the cast-offs of all my other breeding projects. None of them took this long.)

I went Modest over Adamant for its nature, which I sort of regret because recently I've noticed that competitive usually opts for Atk over SpAtk on Charizard. It also has 3 perfect IV's (I usually go for 5, but I'm obviously not going to be picky in this case.)  B) <-- Me trying to be smug.

So yeah. For anyone who still plays Pokemon, I'd say it's pretty brag-worthy. For everyone else... uh, don't laugh at me too hard? Thanks

Sorry to bring this up, but...

I happen to have achieved something extremely difficult in Pokemon. (Don't judge me!)

APXiiad.png

That's a blurry picture I took of my new Shiny!Charizard. I've wanted one ever since I saw a piece of Generation II Fanart called "Encounter with Shiny Pokemon."

For those of you who have no idea what this is, "shiny-ness" is a game concept introduced in Gen II (Gold, Silver, and Crystal) where all 'Mons you encounter have a 1/8192 chance of being generated with an alternate color scheme. Sometimes, the difference is barely noticeable, such as with Sandshrew's shiny form:

Spr_3r_027.pngSpr_3r_027_s.png

But other times it makes it look incredibly cool. Case in point, Charizard:

Spr_5b_006.pngSpr_5b_006_s.png

Black with red wings... I'm salivating.

Uh... anyway. Gen VI (The most recent) doubled the rate of shiny encounters to 1/4096, and using the Masuda Method (breeding a normal 'Mon with one traded in from a foreign country, in this case a Japanese Ditto with 2 perfect IV's) you can further increase the rate to 1/512. That still means doing a lot of back and forth between the Day-Care (AKA egg production facility) and the center of Lumiose City (an endless circle, which means you can slide a dime underneath the 3DS circle pad and do whatever you want for a few minutes while the eggs hatch) and also means you get a whole bunch of baby Charmanders in your PC, but the odds are far more managable. (Actually, I'm not sure what to do with all of these Charmanders. They've joined the cast-offs of all my other breeding projects. None of them took this long.)

I went Modest over Adamant for its nature, which I sort of regret because recently I've noticed that competitive usually opts for Atk over SpAtk on Charizard. It also has 3 perfect IV's (I usually go for 5, but I'm obviously not going to be picky in this case.)  B) <-- Me trying to be smug.

So yeah. For anyone who still plays Pokemon, I'd say it's pretty brag-worthy. For everyone else... uh, don't laugh at me too hard? Thanks

Congratulations! :) I've played only the first gen and don't know what those IV's are, but still, glad you achieved what you wanted :)

Random I don't mind. Morbid, graphic humor like your baby joke is something that I'm not terribly fond of, and frankly not something I come to this thread to see. Therefore I gave it a downvote--one of the few downvotes I've given on this board.

I like random. Keep your randomness clever and free of graphic violence, and I'll have nothing but upvotes for you. ;)

It is called dark humor or an anti joke. Thought it would be sufficiently random.

Good for you! Hope you get the job. I'll be praying. :)

Just....try filtering your thoughts before you hit Post. Imagine you're reading your post to whoever you happen to be sitting next to on the bus or some other form of public transportation. If there's a better-than-average chance they'd laugh, sympathize, or strike up a conversation with you, then go ahead and post it. If it's more likely this friendly stranger would give you an odd look and change seats without saying anything, you may want to edit it. There's an art to being random, but it mostly involves some forethought. :)

An art to being random...... Like the chaos theory then. This is not a perfect world sadly and random is all we have. There is an order to chaos.

Thank you!

It left out the drop bears. It's very important to warn tourists about drop bears. Just ask any native Australian.

You know that you've gained Twi's affection when she showers you with pugs.

As Silverblade said, I did ponify myself and included it on the Featured Forum Member thingie. But....here I am again, for posterity:

MeponyWithBackground%20copy.png

Yes good thank

Mom: So where have you applied so far?

Me: Well, I'm about to apply at the University of Wisconsin in Oshkosh.

Mom: Have you checked Gonzaga? (It's a law school in Spokane.)

Me: Not yet.

So I checked out Gonzaga, as well as Eastern Washington University, Whitworth, and both Spokane Community College and Spokane Falls Community College for good measure.

Nothing. Nothing at all. There are no library jobs in Spokane open right now. ^_^:ph34r:

It left out the drop bears.  It's very important to warn tourists about drop bears.  Just ask any native Australian.

I remember trying to explain the drop bears to some friends in China.

This was basically their reaction.

Me:

drop_bears__america_x_aussie_m_reader__b

Them:

1aa417bc758f7fa25ecd7e7aece95c981bd118f3

Two minutes later...

Scanners_head_explode_screenshot1_65.jpg