Random Stuff II

Yes but after nine weeks of pure torture and ruin to my gpa.

I got one question right wow good job I'm such a genius.

Are there tutors on campus, or someone your teacher could refer you to? (Also, nine weeks? Yeesh. My high school let you drop out anytime within the first six or eight weeks of class. :wacko:

Yes but after nine weeks of pure torture and ruin to my gpa.

I got one question right wow good job I'm such a genius.

Don't give up so quickly. If you decide that you suck and are going to fail well then yeah you probably will. But if you work hard and try, maybe you can only pull out a B- but hey, it's better than failing, and maybe you'll even do better. You can do it, just keep on persevering. :)

Maybe? But I literally don't understand the way this guy teaches. This shouldn't be hard. But it is.

I can't even do the material from the first week I don't think I can do anything past that if I can't get this.

Calculating speed, velocity, EASY stuff like that and it makes me feel like a total idiot but i just CANT GET IT THIS SHOULD BE EASY

mainly its all the weighted average calculations that are throwing me off. mainly speed. i cannot calculate weighted average speed to save my life and

….I don't know if I can do this. She's going to say "How did you get this number? You are not worthy of a pug" and hang up on me. 

It'll be fine. You're awesome and any pug would be lucky to go home with you--anyone worth their pug credentials could see that. :)

Oh yes, you've met mr ben wyatt, human disaster

Ask him about Icetown sometime. :P

Twi, are you buying from a breeder?

Please don't buy from a breeder.

Oh yes, you've met mr ben wyatt, human disaster

I've done my research on her. From everything I've found, her business is completely respectable—focused on getting the puppies good homes, not on making the quickest buck possible. (When my mom talked to her friend, she said it was like interviewing to adopt a child—"How long have you had pugs? Why do you want a pug?" Learning that we've adopted a rescue pug in the past was a huge game-changer.) 

And so far as rescue pugs go, I want to adopt one. I really, really do. But the reality is that I simply won't have the sort of lifestyle in the next few years that will allow me to give a rescue pug the time and attention it needs and deserves. They're either senior pugs, or pugs with serious health problems or disabilities. 

If this was a shady, back-alley breeder, I'd run as fast as I could in the other direction. I've seen how they make their pugs suffer—my family adopted one who got dumped. :unsure: 

It'll be fine. You're awesome and any pug would be lucky to go home with you--anyone worth their pug credentials could see that. :)

Thanks. :) 

Why don't you find a pug at a shelter instead? Like. I worked at a shelter for a year and a half and those dogs need homes. Badly.

I've checked the shelters. If there had been a pug there, or even a pug mix, I'd have snapped it up right away. 

Believe me, a shelter was the first place I looked. And the second. 

I've checked the shelters. If there had been a pug there, or even a pug mix, I'd have snapped it up right away.

Believe me, a shelter was the first place I looked. And the second.

Have you checked pug rescues in your area? Most rescue dogs need honestly little to no work, we foster golden retrievers at my house. You could even sign up with their foster program if they have one to help find the perfect dog; that's what we did with Buck!

Have you checked pug rescues in your area? Most rescue dogs need honestly little to no work, we foster golden retrievers at my house. You could even sign up with their foster program if they have one to help find the perfect dog; that's what we did with Buck!

I did, first thing. I wanted to adopt one of the pugs there, but most of them had health problems that would be beyond my capacity to care for. I'll be starting a job, working full time to support myself, and I won't be able to give that dog the care they need. 

Anyway, I called the breeder and it's beyond my price range and I felt like an idiot, so there. No pug for me for a while. 

Anyway, I called the breeder and it's beyond my price range and I felt like an idiot, so there. No pug for me for a while. 

That's a shame. :( Though you definitely shouldn't feel like an idiot. You didn't know how much they were, you called, and now you know; there's no idiocy in that. :)

That's a shame. :( Though you definitely shouldn't feel like an idiot. You didn't know how much they were, you called, and now you know; there's no idiocy in that. :)

Yeah, still. I feel like a dumb little kid who took her stupid piggy bank to buy a pretty pair of earrings she saw in the jewelry store. 

Oh ah, yeah.

I'm not quite sure about general health issues of pugs, so it could be different.

Yeah, that's a bummer though. I'd still be on the lookout. However, if you are starting a new job it might be better if you didn't take a dog at this moment, especially if you're living alone; the dog would be alone a lot of the day depending on hours.

Keep checking places around you for pugs, though. Have you tried petfinder?

Calculating speed, velocity, EASY stuff like that and it makes me feel like a total idiot but i just CANT GET IT THIS SHOULD BE EASY

mainly its all the weighted average calculations that are throwing me off. mainly speed. i cannot calculate weighted average speed to save my life and

Post your problems on the 17th Shard and I bet someone will help you understand :)