Linked War of Worlds?

Govika

This is way too broad, but do you think Sanderson will connect all his stories eventually with some sort of Great Cosmere battle between the shards? It seems like it could happen, but I don't know (it may be several years before any evidence of this comes out too, since Stormlight is 10 books long... )

I know it may seem too daunting, but Hoid is very prevalent and seems to be setting things into motion for some kind of something (Sorry for the distinct details). I dunno, that's how it seems to me.

Thoughts?

There is a meta-plot that will be resolved one day. Third Mistborn trilogy will have more, but it's not going to be that series. Brandon's got multiple books planned. He likes to call them, "conflux" books. He'd also like to do a parallel novel to the first Mistborn trilogy showing what Hoid was up to.

The third Mistborn series, to be written after Stormlight Archive is done, is going to be Mistborn in space. Pretty sure there is a grand plan to wrap it all up sometime in the year 2035.

Geez!  I am going to be nearly sixty years-old sitting here posting theories about what is going to happen and how things are going to go down.  By that time everyone who is a regular now that continues on, will be ranked at Adonalsium with BS :o .

Geez!  I am going to be nearly sixty years-old sitting here posting theories about what is going to happen and how things are going to go down.  By that time everyone who is a regular now that continues on, will be ranked at Adonalsium with BS :o .

+1 to help you on your way to Adonalsium

By that time everyone who is a regular now that continues on, will be ranked at Adonalsium with BS :o .

That's the plan.  :ph34r:

Edited by Kurkistan

Actually, there's a chance Brandon will put up the big conflux book on his website.

Stormlight itself isn't going to have a lot of crossing over as the focus - that said, he's hinted the epilogue to stormlight two will have an inter-magic-system fight, and

I kind of think by this point, Brandon will probably just publish it. The Way of Kings had barely been out for a few months when this interview went down. Brandon's fanbase has grown a lot since then, and knowledge about the cosmere has become more widespread. As far as I know, he's never mentioned publishing it on his website since.

Agreed, given the vast number of cosmere-aware fans, it'd certainly be marketable.

Not to mention the people like me, who see a huge amount of prior material less as a barrier to entry and more as something to jump into. If I discovered the series when it was completed/close to completion, and was told 'yeah, there's like 30-something books here which are all interconnected and these ones tie it all together', you can be damnation sure I'm getting the lot! I'm loving being in on the ground floor (relatively speaking) as far as the Cosmere, but at the same time waiting for new material is hugely frustrating!

Now I know how my friend felt having to wait a year after Changes (Dresden files - god, if I'd had to wait a year for Ghost Story I think I'd have gone mad XD)

I kind of think by this point, Brandon will probably just publish it. The Way of Kings had barely been out for a few months when this interview went down. Brandon's fanbase has grown a lot since then, and knowledge about the cosmere has become more widespread. As far as I know, he's never mentioned publishing it on his website since.

Yeah, though who knows, he might want to warbreak it?  I doubt it's beyond being a fiant thoguht in Brandon's mind at this point so anything is basically pure speculation.

Now I know how my friend felt having to wait a year after Changes (Dresden files - god, if I'd had to wait a year for Ghost Story I think I'd have gone mad XD)

I had to wait a year for Ghost Story...

• Chaos locked this topic