What are you playing right now?

Finally beat Unicorn Overlord this weekend! Ended up romancing Rosalinde, then beating the game again with Yanha and doing Post-game stuff, before going back to my Roselinde playthrough for redoing the Post-game level and beating the Colosseum. Overall, I'm very happy with Roselinde's romance. I've seen a few other characters, but few characters are romantic in their supports rapports, have a nice confession, AND have a cute ending IMO. (Roselinde, Celeste, and Melisandre are the best that I've seen.) It helps if said character can benefit from the Ring of the Maiden incredibly well, but that's not entirely necessary.

I'll probably go through the game again to get the few characters I missed and romance someone else - probably Celeste or Melisandre, while also working on new team compositions, but I'm pretty happy with my time in the game for now. 

The biggest things missing from this game is a solid post-game or NG+ content. I'm fine when a game has one or another, but this game really only has one post-game level, which is great for training, but that's it. 

My best end-game teams:

Spoiler

Alain's Team: Alain, Raenys, Rosalinde, Scarlett, Yahna - My MVP Team. The team is fast, does hybrid damage, and is good at healing and debuffing. Raenys's addition to the team is new, but she fits in really well. She does a good job debuffing while hitting fliers and doesn't need too much cover or support. 

Gilbert's Team: Virginia, Berengaria, Leah, Gilbert, Tatiana - Pure damage and debuffs with healing. Love them. 

Railinor's Team: Amalia, Railanor, Eltolinde, Melisandre, Dinah - Railanor is a new addition, but this team is solid. Eltolinde and Melisandre actually carry the team, since Dinah is pretty independent. 

Hilda's Team: Hilda, Celeste, Aramis, Yunifi, Primm - Celeste is new to this team, but she fits right in. Flies over any terrain and traps and does a lot of damage. 

Miriam's Team: Miriam, Jerome, Galadmir, Auch, Selvie - My blitz team. They get in, do damage, and move on. I need to switch Selvie's skills, but she has great synergy with Auch IMO. 

Ridiel's Team: Lex, Aubin, Umerus, Chloe, Ridiel - A relatively new team of mine that's mostly for supports. Umerus is amazing. (And is voiced by Xanthe Huynh!) Aubin and Chloe are my ride-or-dies as far as units go, since they've been with Alain since the beginning and have proven their worth over and over and over again. Lex is there because Lex can support Chloe, although I'm starting to ship Chloe and Ridiel a lot more so I may move someone else in his spot. He's kind of useless anyways, but I can't just have Alain's buddy out there hanging...I mean, I did for most of the game, but I can't now that he's at least somewhat on-par with everyone else! 

I'm not ready to go back into Unicorn Overlord, Cassette Beasts, or Fire Emblem Engage just yet, so I'll look around for my copy of Three Houses and see if I can romance Shamir again. (It's almost always Shamir or Marianne.) I was going to romance Rhea, but Shamir and Byleth have the whole "babies ever after" ending I just can't get over. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

Taking a break from Baldurs Gate and other open world rpgs (I'm currently at the pointy end of BG3 and I've been spoiled enough to know I have to make some depressing choices). I've been going through my PS Plus free games.

Steelrising was fun, until I reached the first boss and I realised I've never played a Soulslike game and I'm really not ready for the learning curve.

Weird West is fun, but little to no voice acting so far (which BG3 kind of set high bars for). Kinda nitpicky, but the camera angles and general zoomed-out nature got a little annoying.

Slay the Spire is great fun, as there's no narrative consequences to break my heart and I can kind of build my deck differently every time. I pretty much log on every day just to play the daily challenge and maybe a normal run or two. I remember accidentally making an absolutely OP deck in the daily challenge (I had a card which does damage based on my deck size in a challenge when I'm given a deck about 3 times the size of a normal starter deck).

I started Immortals of Aveum and its quite fun. It's pretty much a magic FPS. I saw a comment on the trailer which said 'best plot twists since Bioshock' and I immediately downloaded it as I love Bioshock. I have an idea what the twist is, although I might be just too paranoid because I know there is one. I saw it described as inspired by God of War, and I can definitely see that, down to some of the puzzles for loot. Still kind of annoyed that they want me to believe 30 year olds are playing teenagers, though.

Edited by jamesbondsmith

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2024 at 3:04 PM, The Honorable One said:

Terraria. Lots of Terraria.

Wise man. I, myself, am a weirdo that hungered for the old days. I play unmodded backloaded 1.2.3 because I like the interface way better.

Call me silly.

Oh. And Xbox 360 Skyrim Wizard only run. I'm nostalgic.

Edited by UltimateArchivist

Finished Unicorn Overlord at around 88 hours and a half.

That was an amazing game, I confess I haven't played many strategy games, but I think I've found my preferred kind of strategy gameplay. 

The cast was great and it was huge. Once a character joins your army they are pretty much never mentioned again, but rapport conversations more than make up for that. I was initially disappointed to see most pairs of characters had only 1 or 2 conversations, but they actually add up and there are entire character arcs contained within. It doesn't look like it at first glance, but there are a lot of them. 

There are a lot of them. 

Cue me about to finish the game and deciding to unlock every conversation I'm still missing through the power of spending 300,000 funds on steak. Not only was the steak-eating process itself a surprisingly taxing endeavor that started eating into my sanity, but once I was finished there were enough conversations out there that, even though each one is around 1-2 minutes tops, it took me 7 hours to watch them all. 

Naturally I'm extremely happy with my decision. 

I tried to marry Tatiana but game said "No, friends only". Storm it game, let me be happy. 

As I said I enjoyed the gameplay greatly, it's deep like a canyon but still very forgiving if you're not a master of minmaxing (I'm not).

Music was fitting for the most part, with a few amazing tracks sprinkled in. 

Art was, I mean, it's Vanillaware. That should speak for itself.

That epilogue was bold. A warning for anyone who wants to play it. Plan your final session accordingly. There is an epilogue with detailed descriptions of what each and every one of your 60+ characters did after the ending, FE style. This scene alone took me like 30 minutes I think. I loved every second too, but I think it's good to keep it in mind.

I don't think this is a game I would replay too often since it's not exactly one you can play passively, but I'm looking forward to a second run eventually. Now that I watched literally every conversation in the game, I want to try new teams based on who's friends with who. Also try to marry someone the game actually wants you to marry I guess.

Overall, loved the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2024 at 9:24 PM, aneonfoxtribute said:

Hades 2! It's SO good so far!

WAIT IT'S OUT???? I HAD NO IDEA I NEED TO PLAY IT NOW!!!!

*ahem*

I've been playing a lot of Celeste recently. It's ridiculously difficult, but really fun

Finished Subnautica: Below Zero a couple weeks ago for the second time.

Looking for a new Switch game that's more adventure/puzzle/horror based with a good story. I'm not really into combat-based games.

Any recommendations?

Edited by Through The Living Glass

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Finished Subnautica: Below Zero a couple weeks ago for the second time.

Looking for a new Switch game that's more adventure/puzzle/horror based with a good story. I'm not really into combat-based games.

Any recommendations?

May i ask, do you have online?

2 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Teeeeeeeeeeeechnically yes... however, due to some of my siblings... past behavior, it's not available to me at the moment. :ph34r:

Aweee- i was gonna ask if you wanted to make a mc world or something for bedrock

• 2 weeks later...

Oh sweet! Got the nod to do some tv carousel since we have to get 2 smart TVs anyway as we are losing cable as the company is stopping that feature. So my 75in will be going to the old man’s living room upgrading him from the 65. I ll be looking for an 85+ for my den so my trip through The Legend of Heroes will be that much more umm legendary starting this weekend. Can’t wait till I get to Reverie with the extra inches of screen!