What are you playing right now?

9 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

The other day I decided that I missed playing Xenoblade Chronicles, so I decided to load up the game and watch/listen to (mostly listen to) the title screen for a bit of nostalgia. That was fun, except then I unintentionally spent the next 30 minutes just wandering around areas in the game and reliving old memories (except I couldn't go to Mechonis, because spoilers). I miss that game, but I want to wait a bit longer before I commit to another replay. (I also have way too many games that I still need to get around to playing)

Such an amazing game. My favorite of all time.

I can’t wait for the remaster!

On 2/17/2020 at 4:55 AM, Dunkum said:

i have complex feelings about fire emblem.  on the one hand its a fun enough game, but on the other hand, I hate losing people which makes me endlessly replay the same levels to the point of frustration.  also, the first fire emblem i played, the one they released back on the game boy advance, had this annoyign thing where eliwood was basically required in the last level against the dragon, but for me his growth was absolutely pathetic - he was always my weakest lord.  it made that fight really annoying.

Just saw this! Yeah, Eliwood usually is the weakest lord, but I found him useful in certain situations (I'll have to go back to my most recent playthrough, which is a couple months old at this point, but I think I used him as a decent mage-killer...when he wasn't babysitting Ninian...). I think if they made him a Lance lord he could have completed the weapon triangle in a pretty interesting way. But enough about FE 7 (good times...)

Three Houses has greatly improved with some anti-frustration features. They added a feature that literally lets you go back to previous turns in battle if you mess up (even up to the start of the battle if you feel so inclined). Unless you're playing on Maddening Mode or you neglected most of your units (people have done that before), the game really isn't hard enough to become frustrated at it. There are some annoying maps late-game, but with a little thought and time you can find your way through them! Also, for most main battles, you DO have to carry the lord you choose into battle. This is barely a hinderance though, because the three lords and the Avatar are all MONSTROUS units who can and will carry your team at certain points. 

The game is fully voice acted, the character designs give you just enough to understand a character's personality and individualize them, but aren't too flamboyant. The story is so multi-layered, and the replay value is out the wazoo. Below is the gameplay trailer to show off some of the above-mentioned features, and more I didn't. I'd stop watching after the features are covered if you want to go into the game unspoiled. 

Pretty 50/50 split between Untitled Goose Game, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. After I finish both of those, I think I'll go back and do a 2nd Playthrough of Octopath Traveler (A game whose story and lore I will defend to my dying breath)

4 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

A game whose story and lore I will defend to my dying breath

As someone who dropped off before the end of the game, would you say it’s worth finishing even if I wasn’t particularly interested in any of the stories? I’m curious to know if there’s any sort of payoff to seeing it through to the end.

33 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

As someone who dropped off before the end of the game, would you say it’s worth finishing even if I wasn’t particularly interested in any of the stories? I’m curious to know if there’s any sort of payoff to seeing it through to the end.

Depends on how far you're willing to go. If you really want to see the game through to the end, there is a sidequest chain that unlocks one final dungeon, along with the game's most tedious boss fight. But in that dungeon, you start seeing how the pieces of the puzzle fit together, and the ties that bind these 8 individuals together, in a way a bit more subtle than I'm accustomed to seeing. I'm also kind of fond of the more personal nature of the individual character's stories. After all, we have so many RPG's that give you the whole, "Save the World" kind of narrative. Only so many games give you the kind of individual attention Octopath gives to each of its characters. Alfyn for instance, has an intense internal arc, as his convictions and ideals of what an apothecary should be are tested to their breaking point. You have Primrose, seeking vengeance against the men who murdered her father, and the dark deeds she's willing to commit, answering violence with more violence, against these interestingly depraved men. But then there are characters like Tressa, who just wants to see the world, and discover new and greater things than her childhood in a small town gave her. (a feeling I'm sure many can relate to). Olberic's story, whilst incredibly tropey, was incredibly satisfying to watch play out.

“Finished” Death Stranding today. 74 days and almost 160 hrs of the easily the most impactful touching emotional game I’ve played in my 39 yrs. 1st game to ever make me cry in sadness at times. I’m actually thinking of sending Hideo and company a from the gut raw praise letter which I’ve never considered to before on other great games. This was leaps and bounds above any of those other gems I’ve played even though it can be wonky most times I just FELT this game.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:48 AM, Quantus said:

Friends!  Satisfactory is amazing!  It's basically Factorio in full 3D.  But it now Futurama tubes, sooo....

Mmmm satisfactory. It’s been a struggle to try and get my friends to switch off factorio but I’m slowly converting them!

7 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Mmmm satisfactory. It’s been a struggle to try and get my friends to switch off factorio but I’m slowly converting them!

Update three should do it, that's where they've added all the fluid processing, not to mention the futurama tubes. The experimental is out now (that's what Im playing) but the devs say they hope to move it out of experimental and roll out the main update in a matter of weeks, but they arent ready to commit to a date yet.  Part fo that is that they are being refreshingly engaged with the community when i comes to features and quality of life tweaks.  

8 hours ago, Briar King said:

“Finished” Death Stranding today. 74 days and almost 160 hrs of the easily the most impactful touching emotional game I’ve played in my 39 yrs. 1st game to ever make me cry in sadness at times. I’m actually thinking of sending Hideo and company a from the gut raw praise letter which I’ve never considered to before on other great games. This was leaps and bounds above any of those other gems I’ve played even though it can be wonky most times I just FELT this game.

I played that one a few months back.  I honestly never expected a Hiking simulator to be as good as it was (thought Ziplines where a big part of my endgame enjoyment), and I agree it gets you right in the feels several times.  Glad to hear they are considering a sequel.  

On 3/3/2020 at 11:06 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

Depends on how far you're willing to go. If you really want to see the game through to the end, there is a sidequest chain that unlocks one final dungeon, along with the game's most tedious boss fight. But in that dungeon, you start seeing how the pieces of the puzzle fit together, and the ties that bind these 8 individuals together, in a way a bit more subtle than I'm accustomed to seeing. I'm also kind of fond of the more personal nature of the individual character's stories. After all, we have so many RPG's that give you the whole, "Save the World" kind of narrative. Only so many games give you the kind of individual attention Octopath gives to each of its characters. Alfyn for instance, has an intense internal arc, as his convictions and ideals of what an apothecary should be are tested to their breaking point. You have Primrose, seeking vengeance against the men who murdered her father, and the dark deeds she's willing to commit, answering violence with more violence, against these interestingly depraved men. But then there are characters like Tressa, who just wants to see the world, and discover new and greater things than her childhood in a small town gave her. (a feeling I'm sure many can relate to). Olberic's story, whilst incredibly tropey, was incredibly satisfying to watch play out.

I agree. I will spoiler my response because I am not sure how much it may give away, so might as well just respond without any reservation and spoiler the whole thing

Spoiler

Seeing how he connects everyone's stories really shows the power of human experience. How we can touch people in our lives for the better without even realizing it. Just a shame how his story ultimately goes. 

14 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

I understand their pain. I've made the switch and sometimes the messiness of the factory just bugs me so much to the point of mass deconstruct and then redoing the entire thing. Factorio is so much easier to keep organized if you know what you are doing.

2 hours ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

I understand their pain. I've made the switch and sometimes the messiness of the factory just bugs me so much to the point of mass deconstruct and then redoing the entire thing. Factorio is so much easier to keep organized if you know what you are doing.

My factories are conveyor belt spaghetti no matter what. I’m actually better at organizing in Satisfactory than factorio

Yes I’m still talking about Fire Emblem Three Houses.

I finished Crimson Flower the other day, and am now really confused and emotionally a mess (in a good way). I’ll probably ramble some more in the Three Houses thread later.

But right now I’m torn between doing Silver Snow (or going back to Radianr Historia like I know I should) or just waiting for Animal Crossing New Horizons (the wait is excruciating!) 

2 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Yes I’m still talking about Fire Emblem Three Houses.

I finished Crimson Flower the other day, and am now really confused and emotionally a mess (in a good way). I’ll probably ramble some more in the Three Houses thread later.

But right now I’m torn between doing Silver Snow (or going back to Radianr Historia like I know I should) or just waiting for Animal Crossing New Horizons (the wait is excruciating!) 

Don't worry, I'll listen to you ramble on the thread. I know that route particularly gave me some mixed feelings.

Finished Lego DC Super Villains. It was an okay Lego game, not quite as goofy as previous games were.

Now playing Lego The Incredibles and this is pretty funny like a lego game should be since I’ve done a few of the Family Build Pars and it’s goofy! One was built with Reflux and Elastigirl getting into Screenslavers cage, where she ‘unmasks’ him in the movie, and they build this huge machine that picks up the rug to find the key! It’s so ridiculous it just felt like Lego.

I hope Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga is goofy but since Disney doesn’t want Star Wars to be silly I doubt it.