WoR Release event

M0ntz3rin

If you are in a particularly megalomaniacal mood you could interpret that as her "volunteering" to work the livestream for you. All hail the Shardmins! Mwahahahah...

Such good soul to volunteering :) all hail to the Shardmins.

I will spread the good news, livefeed horayyyy :)

That kind of what I was thinking myself... In all seriousness though, if someone who is going to be at the release knows how to get such a thing set up (besides just "bring a laptop with a webcam and put it on the table.  We want something slightly better than that) let me know!

I am also very seriously thinking about going, and perhaps bringing a friend or two.  I just want to check though - we're not going to have one of those camp-out-for-a-week-beforehand things going on, right?  I could definitely see coming a day or two beforehand, but I can't spend a week camping out in a line.

I am most certainly there.  I thought I was going to miss the release of Stormlight 2, but I have not!  I intend to be there for every one of them.  It's gonna be FUN!!!  And if I can swing it, I'd like to be there all day or most of the afternoon at least.  We'll see how it goes.

Some people will camp.  Other people will show up the night of.  It's mostly just a "come when you feel like it" type thing.  However Brandon hanging out will be a couple of days before the event, and may not be planned.  The last couple of times he has shown up without us knowing that he was even coming.

Well this is going on same day as Mardi Gras but it's ok, the signing is more important! Will there be a shout out if/when Brandon shows up or do we have to spend 2 days in the library? I'd like to meet him but I'd hate to miss him because we went to lunch or something.

• 1 month later...

Me and my fiance are definitly planning to fly in from Eastern Canada for the event.

I was hoping from past events someone could give me a rough outline of just how early we would have to show up to get a low numbered copy of WoR so we could book our flights accordingly. The earliest we could possibly make it would be Saturday afternoon/evening cansidering we both work. If we were to show up then does anyone have a rough idea of where in the queue we would end up? considering it will cost us about $2500 total to be there I would want to be relatively assured we would be able to both get a numbered copy. Totally worth any expense to meet our favorite author.

Thanks a lot! and regardless im looking forward to being there,

I would guess that you could show up Sunday night and get in the top 25. 6:00 Monday morning to get in the top 50. But I can't guarantee any of that. We've not had a March release ever before, and much will depend on BYU students' enthusiasm, and the weather. The line will certainly be shorter than it was for AMoL.

I've never waited in line for a book release before.  If I show up on Friday afternoon, what should I bring?  (Sleeping bag, chair, food?)  I assume that my spot in line won't be ravenously stolen if I leave for twenty minutes to get some food, but what if I leave for three hours to go to church?  Is there any vital information that I need to know?

I've never waited in line for a book release before.  If I show up on Friday afternoon, what should I bring?  (Sleeping bag, chair, food?)  I assume that my spot in line won't be ravenously stolen if I leave for twenty minutes to get some food, but what if I leave for three hours to go to church?  Is there any vital information that I need to know?

:blink:  Um, I've only been to one signing before, and showing up two hours early was plenty. Granted, it wasn't quite as anticipated, but I really hope I don't need to wait in line for three days!

Some more knowledgeable please come instruct us newbs.

I believe that they're handing out numbered wristbands or something like that based on when you get there, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about your spot being stolen.  The caveat is, I don't know when they're planning on starting handing out the numbers.

So I just got an email from the BYU bookstore saying my order of Words of Radiance was sold out and on back order. I ordered online and was worried that after flying in from New Orleans I wouldn’t be receiving a copy.  I called the number in the email and the clerk told me all the people who ordered online would get this email because they don’t have books yet but that they would have the books for all their preorders. Just wanted to let those that preordered online that’s what I was told so they wouldn’t worry like I did. Happy to say that two of us will be flying in from New Orleans for the release so see yall there.

Didn’t know if I should make a new thread or not for this so I posted it here.