Way of Kings Index Document

Shardlet

Okay, remember back about 2 months ago when I said I was producing an index document for TWoK?  Well, I finally finished it.  I organized it by POV (most POVs to least).  I also sectioned off the flashback chapters and the storm vision chapters and collected all of the scenes with Wit/Hoid.  There are internal links between each section and the table of contents for quick bouncing.  Each chapter has a brief identification of significant parts of the chapter to help find the chapter you are looking for.  Feel free of course to make the document your own by adding to or paring down what I have done.

Enjoy!

The Way of Kings ToC.docx

Edit: Fixed an error in the text (ID'd Ch. 51 as Flashback and included with Flashback chapters).

Edit 2: Moved Danlan introduction note to Ch. 28 from Ch. 52.

Edited by Shardlet

Glad you like it.  I put my notes together for it before I did the research for my 'Kaladin feels the Thrill' theory.  For my previous ideas and posts I had to thumb through the book to find anything and it took forever to research an idea because I spent a ton of time just looking for the right chapters.  After I had the notes though, it took me maybe 20 min. to find all the quotes I put into the OP for that "Thrill" theory.  I was very pleased at how much more efficient it was.

You are indeed correct Zizoz.  I will get that corrected later this morning.  Thanks.

Edit: It is fixed.

Edit: overly delayed upvote for the catch Zizoz.

Edited by Shardlet

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who is interested to know, I discovered an error in the document.  I have it listed that Danlan is introduced in Chapter 52.  But, she is actually introduced in Chapter 28.  I have edited the document above so any future downloads will be accurate.

Hey Shardlet,

nice work :). But, as always, I'm nitpicking: I'd suppose not to use "cryptics" in this summary as for this word isn't 100% canonical and it's not the word that is used in the book. She calls them symbolheads (iirc).

Thanks Meg.  

Shallan does refer to them as symbolheads, but BS once favored calling them truthspren but later http://www.reddit.com/r/Stormlight_Archive/comments/1a3fj0/discussion_of_the_week_shadesmar_truthspren/'>referred to them as cryptics.  This is the term I use and the reason I use it.  You are, of course, absolutely welcome to edit the document in any way you like according to personal preferences or ease and effectiveness of use.

Thank you for the suggestion though.  I consider this an active document and am totally willing to make amendments and adjustments to it to correct errors or to provide general enhancements.

I know that quote from BS. And I won't edit your work there. I only wanted to say that in my belief it's not correct and confusing to add terms to a summery that aren't used in the work that is summarized. I apologize for disturbing.

• Chaos locked this topic