Kaladin's Magical Powers

Wonko the Sane

Probably gonna be spoilers.

So far as I know, Kaladin has not exhibited the Radiant power of Gravitation at all... only pressure. Therefor, he might not be a Windrunner at all. You guys have more time to search than I do: do we have any hints at what his other power might be? (Gravitation or otherwise.)

actually he has, he did the Reverse Lashing accidentally a lot to make arrows hit the bridge instead of hitting him, also he did it sort of on purpose when they were running to rescue Dalinar and co to attract a whole bunch of arrows to his shield.

He just hasn't yet done the Basic Lashing, which is more spectacular.

You know, you'd think from their names that a Basic Lashing would be easier.

It could be that he's just not had much use for it, not been put in a situation where he needed it.

Hadn't caught that. I had assumed that Brandon would try to disperse his cast between the orders, and this way, we have two Windrunners: Kaladin and Szeth.

True, but I think he confirmed in the Goodreads interview that both Szeth and Kaladin were Windrunners.

This is probably so we have some idea what Kaladin can do when he does it and we don't have to go through a training session like we did with Vin from Mistborn.

I suspect that we will get multiple people from each order. It seems likely, at any rate. They'll need a lot of magic to handle what is happening to their world!

• Chaos locked this topic