Dragonsteel (no spoilers)

Hello to the 17th Shard! 

This is my first time visiting the forums, but I've been a follower of coppermind.net and the Cosmere for over a year now.  

I just though I would share with you something exciting I just picked up from the Harold B. Lee library at BYU:

http://i.imgur.com/tUjQ4Y2.jpg

That's right friends, I'm reading it!

Has anyone here read Dragonsteel yet? What are your (no spoilers) thoughts/opinions of it?

Welcome to 17th Shard?  Glad to have you with us.  You are very lucky to have been able to get a hold of it.

However, FYI, any open discussion of any unpublished works (including Dragonsteel) is verboten on the forums.  However, the admins have indicated that private discussion via personal messager is kosher.

What other Sanderson have you read?

Welcome to 17th Shard?  Glad to have you with us.  You are very lucky to have been able to get a hold of it.

However, FYI, any open discussion of any unpublished works (including Dragonsteel) is verboten on the forums.  However, the admins have indicated that private discussion via personal messager is kosher.

What other Sanderson have you read?

Fantastic--I would be interested to know who all has read Dragonsteel though, in order to discuss it in my post-read.  

I've read everything in the Cosmere, plus WoT and a few non-cosmere novels of Sanderson as well.

And GreyPilgrim: Yes, it is! Glad you caught it.

Alas, I have not.  And, since I live in Western Washington rather than Northern Utah, it is unlikely that I will until he revamps and publishes it (I belive it is currently expected to be a 5-7 volume series). A few of the admins have (I think) but I don't know who for sure.  Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

• Chaos locked this topic