Well, it's super obvious who Hoid is now

Lightflame

Honestly guys. (Courtesy of Blushweaver.) It's been months, so I don't see how you guys haven't figured this out yet.

Sure, Hoid may be the enigma of the Cosmere. But it's, like, an anvil to the head. The answer to the mystery, I mean.

Hoid is a Time Lord and smoke is his TARDIS.

I'm going to tag this, because it contains spoilers for A Memory of Light.

It's been confirmed that Time Lords can change their sex when they reincarnate. When Bela died, Olver blew the horn and didn't see what happened to the horse's body. Had he looked, he would have seen Bela reincarnating into Hoid.

Hoid's cameo shenanigans are a result of his repeated failures to track down the Doctor. However, since he's on the Shardworlds, he decides that he might as well put his time to good use by messing with people. Oh, and he's been considering all of the characters he meets for potential companions. The reason he's more prominent on Roshar is because Renarin is the first person that he's ever seriously considered taking as a companion.

It should be clear who the recipient of the letter is now.

My work here is done, ladies and gentlemen. If you need me to spell out any more of the Cosmere's worst kept secrets, you need only ask.

This is actually the second theory that Hoid is a Time Lord. :D

Once someone took my theory that Hoid soul-forged himself into Midius, and interpreted it as "Dr. Whoid" reincarnating between an 11th and 12th form, or something. (I don't watch Dr. Who; sorry if I'm botching terminology.)

There must be more secrets here, if we dig deeper.

• Chaos locked this topic