Greetings and My Theory I Don't Espouse

Rime

I'm new to this website, though not new to Sanderson. I was lucky enough to audit his creative writing class at BYU.

And the off the wall theory is:

Miles death proclamation could very well be referring to Sadeas and Elhokar. They are "men" and they wear "red and gold"(their shardplate), respectively. Why Miles would speak of them is beyond me... and might indicate I wanted to post at least one theory, harebrained though it might be.

Welcome Rime.  Glad to have you with us.  Cool avatar as well.  We've tossed around a lot of ideas about the men of red and gold but that is the first time I recall hearing someone to suggest Sadeas and Elhokar.  I admit though, that is seems strange that Miles would utter words about two men on a different planet many thousands of years in the future.  This scene though is one of the most foreboding in the whole book though.  To me, more so than Wax's encounter with his uncle.

Welcome Rime! I agree that that is an interesting take on the man of red and gold.

/>I admit though, that is seems strange that Miles would utter words about two men on a different planet many thousands of years in the future.

Actually, AoL and WoK occur at roughly the same time, at least within a few decades of one another. Edited by GreyPilgrim

• Chaos locked this topic