Does anyone else die a little everyday?

This is a plug, but I made a widget for my phone that shows Brandon's writing progress. It was great for the first few weeks that Stormlight 3 appeared, but that 21% has been there so long it's starting to meld with my wall paper...

He is in tour for Shadows of Self, It's an hard moment to write.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to nitpick: Stormlight three is now Oathbringer, Dalinar's book.

A pity, since Highprince of War was a better title in my opinion. I just hate when authors mash words togheter and make a new word. You can't do that in my language without sounding silly./rant

I am disappointed about the name for a different reason. The first two books in the series so far have in turn been named after an important book within. Although, thinking about it, Dalinar's book was already used (The Way of Kings), so perhaps something else meaningful to him was needed. And, additionally, it might give a bit of a hint as to his struggle in the upcoming book. He has to be the Oathbringer. He has to unite the other Highprinces. In TWoK, the struggle for many of the characters was acting honorably. Words of Radiance is also phonetically identical to Words of Radiants, which implied that the Knights Radiant will be re-formed and that new Ideals would be spoken.

I am disappointed about the name for a different reason. The first two books in the series so far have in turn been named after an important book within. Although, thinking about it, Dalinar's book was already used (The Way of Kings), so perhaps something else meaningful to him was needed. And, additionally, it might give a bit of a hint as to his struggle in the upcoming book. He has to be the Oathbringer. He has to unite the other Highprinces. In TWoK, the struggle for many of the characters was acting honorably. Words of Radiance is also phonetically identical to Words of Radiants, which implied that the Knights Radiant will be re-formed and that new Ideals would be spoken.

Actualy, Oathbringer is also an in-universe book.

Do you have a reference?

Check my posts on page one of this thread. You will find one where I quoted Brandon as saying that he intends to have each book in the Stormlight Archives named after an in-world book.

As others have pointed out, Oathbringer also is the name of an in-world book. Brandon has also explained how some Shardblade were so famous they came with a name being passed down from one generation to another. Oathbringer likely is such a Blade. My thoughts are the book was written based on the "exploits" of this particular Shardblade, which makes it wholeheartedly interesting.

Also bear in mind the "Highprince of War" was perhaps not meant to be Dalinar... It was the name of the 5th book in the series, not the 3rd. It could be Dalinar was planned to die before and the title was completely unrelated to him.

Brandon keeps on posting on Facebook how much he has written every day for NaNoWriMo. I'm not sure that being this aware of his progress is going to be good for my excited stomach or my overblown expectations. 

Really?  I mean, he signed up for NaNoWriLife.

Ugh. I remember all the hype and anticipation I had for WoR. THIS BOOK IS GOING TO BE SO GOOD!

Actually, I think the hype might be a bit less this time since there's less of a gap between books.

At his current rate, assuming he writes the same amount each week and takes no breaks for holidays or goes on tours, we would have the First Draft by the end of April. I am assuming we'll have to add at least a month to that, so First Draft would be done in May. It took Tor three months  to publish Words of Radiance after the final draft was finished. That would mean that to get a release of Oathbringer in December, the drafting process would have to take at the most four months (I can not find how long the WoR drafts took).

In other words, I would say it's time to come to peace with seeing Oathbringer come out in 2017.

Only 4 months? That seems like a really short time.

It is, which is why I'm not expecting the book before 2017. If it does arrive next year: fantastic! I'll sacrifice an unblemished goat in celebration. But in my case, I find it's better to expect something later than to expect it sooner and have it end up being later.

Shadows of Self being so awesome and having White Sand to look forward to also helps :D