Feruchemical Zinc Perceptual Time Dilation.

Shard of Choice

Would it be logical to say that tapping large amounts of zinc would slow ones perception of time while storing a large amount of zinc would speed up the perception of time? Because the increased mental speed would allow increased perception slowing how everything passes while conversely the storing would decrease the total perception causing things to seem faster. Like how time is agonizing when you are watching the clock but flys when you daydream.

Seems reasonable.  When you are thinking slowly, it would likely be analogous to time moving quicker relative to tour perception.  Slower reactions to everything that is happening around you.  The converse would also be as true.

From the few perspectives we get of zinc using, it seems that is exactly what it does. It doesnt make you stupid/smarter, it makes you think faster and slower. Keep in mind, without feruchemical steel, youll rapidly run into the limit of how fast your body can respond, however fast your mind is. "Boy, that sure is a bullet coming at me. Look at it there, on a direct course for my heart. Sure wish i could dodge faster..."

It brings to mind the air furies from Jim Butcher's Codex Alera, where you could increase your reaction speed, for example, moving your arm extremely quickly to catch a ball, but, because it doesn't actually enhance your body, you could really hurt yourself doing it by forcing your tendons to change direction faster than they should. I imagine that a feruchemist could get around that by tapping zinc, steel, and gold all at once. At that point, you would effectively be operating as if in a bendalloy bubble. The gold might not even be necessary, depending on how enhanced physical speed stresses the body - feruchemy doesn't hurt its user.

• Chaos locked this topic