The Great Sanderson Tournament

Patar

I vote for Obliteration.  Firstly because I really like him.  But mostly because, as has been explained before, Obliteration can just melt Rasheks metalminds and kill him that way.

I vote for Obliteration. Firstly because I really like him. But mostly because, as has been explained before, Obliteration can just melt Rasheks metalminds and kill him that way.

His fight speech would be a million times more badchull than anything TLR has to say. Out-of-context verse from Revelation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "I am your god, even if you didn't know it."

Tragically, TLR won't understand even half the referenes Onliteration will be making.

And yes, TLR has a boring manner of behaviour. He said, that he never made mistakes which is the quite definition of boring.

Oh, and don't forget, that Obliteration will probably believe that TLR is one of the even worse guys from the apocalypsis than the four riders. The speechduel would be interesting, even if a little bid asymetrical...

Speaking of, you don't need to be actively burning atium to maintain your age. You're supposed to burn once in a while for that massive uncontrollable burst, then store the excess immediately. TLR can definitely burn atium.

Plus he can probably hyper-push Obliteration's glasses through his head or something.

So long as you don't oppose Reckoners fans asking Reckoners questions as signings, no hard feelings. :P

Ask away, it doens't really matter. It is just that I don't really lile supers, but if it isyour kind of thing feel free to enjoy it.

Changing matters, I don't get why people think Rashek is boring. At that point he was tired of being an eternal tyrant, and it is heavely implied he had a rich inner life. Also, he was the sentinel against the Dark God.

Of course, I never read Reckoners, so I can't compare him to the crazy preacher. And I am guilty of refusing to read Reckoners for no good reason.

And I may have overstated my dislike. It is more like indifference.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

If TLR compounded zinc, he could calculate Obliterations weakness within a fraction of a second, right? Just sayin... :B

He would have to have enough evidence to pierce it togheter first, and be smart enough to do it.

I still like Rashek more. He is way deeper in my opinion.

He would have to have enough evidence to pierce it togheter first, and be smart enough to do it.

I still like Rashek more. He is way deeper in my opinion.

Obliteration is a pretty fascinating character himself.

Spoilers:

He believes Epics are inherently wicked, chosen by God to be the end of the world. Since he is an Epic, he believes he is wicked and beneath God's grace, beyond redemption. So he is on a mission to destroy the entire world, ending with himself, because although he's irrevocably separated from the God he follows, it's still his divine purpose and he has to fulfill it. It's one of the darkest and most interesting worldviews I've ever seen.

And behold, the King of the Kobolds looked out over the web, and heard the voice of Obliteration. His heart was filled with sorrow, for truly Obliteration was the most beloved to his sight; and so he declared in a voice brimming with royal majesty, "Hark--I doth vote for Obliteration, for the hearing of his cries fills my heart with sorrow."

And his vote was done.

Edited by Kobold King

Nightblood vs Obliteration is going to be interesting... XD

I'll vote Vasher, since I don't know too much about Dilaf. Not to mention, he did defeat one of the greatest swordmen of his time, he could try using that same trick again... :B

Obliteration is a pretty fascinating character himself.

Spoilers:

He believes Epics are inherently wicked, chosen by God to be the end of the world. Since he is an Epic, he believes he is wicked and beneath God's grace, beyond redemption. So he is on a mission to destroy the entire world, ending with himself, because although he's irrevocably separated from the God he follows, it's still his divine purpose and he has to fulfill it. It's one of the darkest and most interesting worldviews I've ever seen.

Interesting... Well, funny thing is that as I read more spoilers from the Reckoners I fell more like stopping disliking it for no good reason and just reading the damnation thing.

Someday. Books are expensive and I have many in my shelfs I still need to read :ph34r:

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

Interesting... Well, funny thing is that as I read more spoilers from the Reckoners I fell more like stopping disliking it for no good reason and just reading the damnation thing.

Someday. Books are expensive and I have many in my shelfs I still need to read:ph34r:

I'd highly recommend it, when you find the time. I had begun to believe there was no such thing as a good superhero novel, until I picked up ​Steelheart….

….and if nothing else, read it for David's metaphors. :lol: 

Vasher, probably, having either Nightblood or otherwise some hundred years of experience.

And yes. David's metaphors...they're as good as...calamitydamit, as (insert worst possible metaphor here, I am not creative enough)