The Great Sanderson Tournament

Patar

Do you realize how many people didn't realize that the magic of Elantris was based off of the shape of the city? I'm not sure David would think of it. Granted, even if he did, Raoden is the prince, he has the leadership of all of Arelon and Elantris against one man.

I'm actually going to have to go with David.  Partially because Elantris is one of my least favorite of Brandon's books, and partially because David does enough research beforehand that I'm pretty sure he would figure out the geography connection.

Raoden.  While David is good at exploiting the weaknesses of super-powered people, Elantrians don't have any.

David.  A bullet to the head will, should, maybe :unsure: stop an Elantrian just as it would a weakened Epic.  And it should be faster than Raoden's drawing speed.

I guess, like most battles involving Elantrians, it depends on the location of this battle: does this take place in Elantris? If so, I give it to Raoden as Elantris can be booby-trapped and such with Aons, but outside of Elantris the odds would be more on David's side.

And the winner is Raoden!

And in what I think is the most interesting match yet, Dalinar Kholin, The Blackthorn, takes on Odium, the most frightening and terrible of all the Shards.

Edited by patar365

And the winner is Raoden!

And in what I think is the most interesting match yet, Dalinar Kholin, The Blackthorn, takes on Odium, the most frightening and terrible of all the Shards.

Dalinar is one of the protagonists, so clearly his side has to be victorious ultimately. :ph34r: (Plus the whole a Shard is cheating if this actually goes into combat)

Dalinar.  Though Odium might be technically more powerful and able to squish him if he wanted to, there's obviously got to be some way to stop him, and I'm pretty certain that Dalinar's going to play a large role in that due to his position now.  Plus, Dalinar's awesome.

I haven't been participating up until this point, but I will lay a vote on Odium as well. Past arguments are pretty solid (Despite my undying love for Dalinar, he just isn't at the level where he can take on a Shard who has already killed at least three of his kin, "trapped" or not).

EDITED: Because patar ninja'd me. Does that tie up the vote, then?

Edited by Adavantos