The Great Sanderson Tournament

Patar

Grandpa Smedry is an occular. I'll back him over Wayne any day. Wayne can heal but Grandpa can just be late for the blow. Waynes bubbles aren't big enough for him to escape from a windstormer lens either so I doubt he will be able to get close enough to Grandpa engage in close range combat.

But he will be late for the time acceleration if he gets caught inside yhe bubble, won't he? That would make him an easy target.

I never read Alcatraz, so correct me if I am wrong :ph34r:

And Wayne is the winner, taking the final spot in the next round!

32 entered, but now, only 8 remain. Soon, only 4 will be left standing. I have to say, I'm really looking forward to the next few days, we've got some exciting match-ups (Marsh vs. Kelsier, THAT is perfect).

Anyways, in the first match of Round 3, Hoid will take on Vin!

I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand, Vin has no way to kill Hoid. At the same time, Hoid is unable to kill Vin. He can't use emotional allomancy to control Vin like he did to Human. I'm thinking that this battle would end in a stalemate. I'm going to vote for Vin because she can be killed, so she may be more fun to debate about in future rounds. 

Neither can kill the other but that's not the only way to win.

Vin.  She can drive metal rods into Hoid to pin him down.  Hoid on the other hand isn't allowed to harm others so all he could do is try and talk Vin into submission.

But Hoid can grow his head back if you cut it off. Or does he grow his body back? I really can't remember. As much as I like Vin, you really can't beat that. Hoid.

If I recall correctly, he regrows his head and was subsequently surprised that he regrew a head and not a body.

Seems a nonchalant reaction to decapitation don't you think?

As cool as Obliteration is, it's time for his reign of terror to end.  Vasher.

Though, through the history of this tournament, I have not shown myself to be inclined towards choosing the more balanced of the two contestants, in this case I'd like to choose a winner that I think has a chance of providing an interesting fight and not just dominating everyone.  Vin, Marsh, Kelsier, Dalinar, Wayne; I feel like Vasher is on a level with them.  Obliteration really isn't.  We've gotten rid of the shards (assuming that this is the pre-shardic vin) so let's get rid of the unholy invincible sungod now.

Edited by dklee10