Spike Mind

Shard of Choice

Hey welcome to the forums Shadow Shard!

About the spike, yes it would work the same way that Inquisitors can use their spikes as metalminds I think.

they can? cool

• 1 month later...

My two cents: In one of Marsh's viewpoint scenes in HoA, when he spikes Penrod, he explicitly states that he is tapping from one of his hemalurgic spikes, which "...doubled as Feruchemical [metalminds]."

Hopefully, I'm not being a necromancer by doing this...since it is on first page and not too old...

Edited by Thor

We have two canonical examples of something like this, plus Brandon's answer.

Sazed tapped his metalminds after they were driven into him by Marsh. The first one he tapped was healing, so the flesh sealed around the metalminds. He then tapped the contents of the other metalminds in the fight.

Marsh also taps the power of a spike that doubles as a Feruchemical metalmind, as noted above.

Thus the answer seems pretty clear: Feruchemy and Hemalurgy don't interfere in any way, and a single kind of metal can hold both charges at the same time.

also, I believe Brandon has said that TLR's atium-bracers were also hemalurgic spikes.

It was indeed implied that they were spiked into him, and Brandon did say the Lord Ruler's "most dramatic effects" came from Hemalurgy. I don't know any other specifics, however.

We have two canonical examples of something like this, plus Brandon's answer.

Sazed tapped his metalminds after they were driven into him by Marsh. The first one he tapped was healing, so the flesh sealed around the metalminds. He then tapped the contents of the other metalminds in the fight.

Marsh also taps the power of a spike that doubles as a Feruchemical metalmind, as noted above.

Thus the answer seems pretty clear: Feruchemy and Hemalurgy don't interfere in any way, and a single kind of metal can hold both charges at the same time.

I am not certain that the metalminds that got into Sazed were Hemalurgically charged, though. Anyone can be stabbing metal.

I don't think that Allomantically burning a hemalurgic spike would be a good idea, if it is even possible. Imagine for a moment what burning does... it grants the person a power and the metal is removed (burned/reclaimed by Preservation). If a person is spiked, I would think that removing the spike would be a bad thing. If they burned enough of it that it loses its hemalurgic powers, then he is stuck with a spike through the head/heart/etc. Or if it is completely burned (like with Duralumin), then they will just have a large hole in the head/heart/etc. That would not be healthy. Though I suppose it could be a good last-ditch weapon, like a dying curse, when you know you won't survive.

I don't think that Allomantically burning a hemalurgic spike would be a good idea, if it is even possible. Imagine for a moment what burning does... it grants the person a power and the metal is removed (burned/reclaimed by Preservation). If a person is spiked, I would think that removing the spike would be a bad thing. If they burned enough of it that it loses its hemalurgic powers, then he is stuck with a spike through the head/heart/etc. Or if it is completely burned (like with Duralumin), then they will just have a large hole in the head/heart/etc. That would not be healthy. Though I suppose it could be a good last-ditch weapon, like a dying curse, when you know you won't survive.

Brandon did say in the 17S interview that burning metals that were spikes essentially knocks the person out.

• Chaos locked this topic