Ah, before I forget: Hemalurgist revealing to the HI is that the HI would be working away from its win condition by posting these in the thread. Why reveal to the Town when it will convert, when converting is a switch of alignment? Honestly, the HI doesn't have any reason to tell the truth at all. I want to trust the HI to help us before the conversion -- and I am hoping everyone else does too -- however, this trust only goes so far.

My issue Alvron is that Uninvested Crewmembers are more likely to ask for a forged role. If traitors find out a player is Uninvested then all they have to do is blindly target someone who doesn't ask. making it more likely for them to find a loyalist with a role.

Edited by Adavantos

If the Forged roles were permanent then I would agree with you but they aren't.  Losing a role like Surgebinder or Feruchemist for two cycles isn't as big a deal especially when the forged role is a role that we really don't want the Eliminators to have.  At this stage even a Hemalurgist or Mistborn could put their hand up as they aren't pivotal at this stage compared to later game.

I am about to go to sleep, however I just want to say one more thing before I leave. Given that the vote change was on Shallan that means the bandwagon / vote swing was premeditated, or that the player was present within the final hour of the thread. I am mad at myself for not paying attention to who was viewing the thread / went into a PM around the time that Wilson placed her vote, but if someone else did please come out and share that information as it'll likely help us find the Feruchemist responsible for this.

@Alvron: While what you say is true I highly doubt that would be the case for any role but Surgebinder. Hemalurgists have no way of knowing that they aren't the only one and every other role has so more more potential for doing something good that I suspect only a traitor might attempt that. That being said, Uninvested Crewmembers can't do anything at night and thus would naturally want to reach for any opportunity to gain an ability - even if it's temporary - regardless of alignment.

EDITED FOR JUSTIFICATION

Edited by Adavantos

Hey guys, could I get an idea of who STINK has messaged? He PMed me, and didn't respond when I asked for if he was sending out a bunch of them, so has anybody else gotten PMed by him? If he's doing large-scale information gathering, that might be dangerous if he's an eliminator. If you don't want to say whether or not you got PMed, that's fine, as I'm not trying to gather information. Okay, I am, but mostly just an idea if he targeted me specifically to PM or if this is a widespread tactic.

P.S. Also, I'll probably be off for the rest of the day, and maybe some of tomorrow as well, so if you plan to PM me or direct any posts in the thread at me, I probably won't respond to them for a while at least.

Literally about to lay down and than I saw the perfect opportunity to roast Stink real quick.

Yes, he PM'd me shortly after the cycle started. But I don't think it correlates to his overall strategy. Ever since the evil doc last game I haven't been able to get rid of him. He's like a leech that feeds off my sanity.

Goodnight.

...I did not see that coming. At least we have Forgery, right? More to the point, I'd guess that the 3rd-5th votes on Shallan were probably from Eliminators(or at least 1-2), and I'd also look to the original lynch target before what happened with that.

So, looking back, the whole Shallan lynch train is really, really odd. Why would a post making an effort to at least make some analysis, admittedly that no one has brought up yet, be suspicious enough to have a lynch train against? I wouldn't be surprised to find some eliminators on that train. Also, Creccio's last minute removal is very suspect.

Does the eliminator kill not happen until after the Night shift is over?

Also, I never got a chance to respond to this remark by Adavantos (for some reason it won't let me quote directly).

"Ripple: Continues to put doubt into the plans of others without thinking them through fully (not including the fact that the HI can check the roles of anyone who approaches him)." 

While it is true that the HI can check the roles, it seems a waste to use them on people whose roles you are 99% sure about. That still leaves the possible 1%. Even if he did check, would he even find out before becoming corrupted? That is what I was trying to get at. I feel like I'm over-analyzing this plan a bit, but I don't think it is a guaranteed thing, and that's important.

Stink PMed me. And I received some glorious spam about stamina boosters during the night watch from some guy named Thoreaux. :unsure: Sonder says he's working on the spam filter on the ship, but if anyone else gets spam don't reply. (Or do. Replying can be amusing too. :D ).

While I generally agree with the whole "people without useful powers will be asking to be stamped" at the same time, we don't want the forger to randomly guess and stamp a BioChromancer, Elantrian, Kandra, or another Forger. And so long as everyone who doesn't have those roles doesn't come forward, there shouldn't really be any problem because the eliminators are still going to have to guess from a fairly wide range and there are certain rules that are going to be of higher priority than others.

Also, how else can the Forger get information? We've already said don't roleclaim in PM's and we don't want the HI knowing everything so that pretty much just leaves the thread.

At special request from the GM: Cap Wyrm his Honour, I present you the meme I was originally going to use, before I desisted out of respect for the sensibilities of some of our players:

66a522606b13c5b593c53eeca8dfa27e.jpg

Also he's British so if you want to complain about lese majeste, take it up with him, I'm just an ex-colonial subject :P

Edit: Srs!Kas has gone bye-bye at this time. Will contribute properly after I've woken up.

Edited by Kasimir

Stink PMed me. And I received some glorious spam about stamina boosters during the night watch from some guy named Thoreaux. :unsure: Sonder says he's working on the spam filter on the ship, but if anyone else gets spam don't reply. (Or do. Replying can be amusing too. :D ).

Didn't get one from Stink, but I got one asking for help with a Shardbl8. :P

STINK did not PM me. I wonder what this might mean.. Did he PM those he finds trustworthy or those he is suspicious of?

Edit: Or is he playing a game and is an eliminator sending PM's to get more info... Would be mighty clever to pm some people you know are loyal and not others to kind of cement an innocence of yourself, implying you don't really know who is loyal.

Edited by Kaid

He is PMing people when he is on his computer and thinks he can make a somewhat witty title from it. I'm more serious in PMs than in thread. I'm not starting them now because I'm supposed to be sleeping, and starting PMs while take time. Does this happen every game with PMs?

STINK, your reply sounds like you have a split persona. If you were talking about yourself in third person to begin with, then changed to first person, then I do not understand your statement. You said you were pm'ing when you could make a witty title but then proceeded to say you were more serious in PM's, which would not mean making witty titles. Not sure what you meant.

You can be serious and make witty titles, or maybe that sentence itself was a lie? Maybe I'm actually just PMing innocent people so the Eliminators feel like they have to try and put pressure on me.

Now you can feel happy about me PMing people and not starting new ones right now.