Also Kas... Is that from the wheel of time? Right?

Yeah, it was supposed to be my supersekrit roleclaim but I suppose I can let y'all know now. I'm an Aiel. :P I'm supposed to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day, and probably to go screaming my defiance when water and shade is gone.

Yeah, it was supposed to be my supersekrit roleclaim but I suppose I can let y'all know now. I'm an Aiel. :P I'm supposed to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day, and probably to go screaming my defiance when water and shade is gone.

Liar!  We all know you're Padan Good Guy Fain.

Edited by Alvron

You got two roles? That's not fair :[ all I got was lightweaver

I hate it when people reveal secret Roles so easily >>.

The Night Shift is over! Abandon thread! Close all PMs! Shut down the Bar!

(warning, strong language in that video. Also, you don't have to close PMs, just don't reply to them).

Edited by Wyrmhero

Day Shift 2: A Sound of Thunder

Captain's Journal, 30/01/513 AK, Day Shift

It's strange how quiet the ship can be during the Night Shift. Quiet, and eerie. We are almost a mini-city within these walls, one which we cannot leave. We have everything in these walls, even a bar to entertain the crew in their down-time, and a park for them to relax in under a facsimile of a sky, though I swear only one person ever uses it. So why does it always feel so dead at night?

There are stories, on Scadrial, of a world long-since past. A world in which the mists that creep through the cities were dangerous, and held the ghosts of the dead, wraiths that would take people off the streets, never to be seen again. We know now that mistwraiths are nothing but the dumber, less human cousins of kandra. The 'children' of kandra, perhaps, as they can become kandra. But I cannot help but wonder if this sense is how people used to feel in the haze of night.

The ship is like a graveyard of metal and electronics. Even those who are not working appear to be afraid to leave their stations. The ship is abuzz with rumour, of course, my PDA hasn't stopped ringing since my announcement at the beginning of the last Day Shift. But it's hard to find two people actually speaking to each other in person.

I'm actually starting to become suspicious of anyone who is. I can't think of any other way our would-be murderers are hiding their communications.

Captain
-

CCTV Feed

tumblr_ma7bmp79Dp1qm3ypqo1_500.gif 

Please Stand by for an Announcement from the Captain

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

Writing on the Bathroom Wall

Wilson did it!

Crew Manifest

1. John (IrulelikeSTINK) - A rules lawyer's client with a mission.
2. Gaius Tekiel (Orlok)
3. Adelor Ien Far-Astra (Alfa)
4. Wynde Wilson (little wilson) - A woman afraid of airlocks.
5. Tigger (Kipper) - T-I-Double-Guh-Err
6. James T Slade (Bridge Boy) - An ensign with delusions of Spook.
7. Inor Haze (Creccio)
8. Pork (Paranoid King) - A pilot and board game fanatic.
9. Miral (Mailliw73) - Excited to be exploring the Cosmere - Hemalurgist
10. Cor Mordero (Alvron) - Petty Officer, in both rank and nature.
11. Arandar (Araris Valerian)
12. Rae Nova (Arraenae) - Possibly a death-seeker
13. Brega Daghar (The Honey Badger) - A man looking for opportunities.
14. Citoan Vinid (Shallan) - A naturally non-Allomancer who loves Allomancy - Kandra
15. Obsidibus Caesis Dormiam (phattemer)
16. Volke (TheMightyLopen)
17. Davenar Leiken (Adavantos)
18. Kaid (Kaid)
19. Doctor McClay (Clanky)
20. Neil Weakarm (polkinghorndb)
21. Elby (Elbereth)
22. HELLSCYTHE (DeathClutch19) - Uninvested - HI
23. Steph (QueenSteph)
24. The High Priest of Elkanah (Elkanah)
25. Dow (dowanx)
26. Sonder Kessleigh (Kasimir)
27. Osmann (Zed)
28. Bort (Bort)
29. Ember Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)
30. Gylf (RippleGylf)
31. Bovinus (The Cow)
32. Biggoron (Biggoron)

Miral (Mailliw73) was a Hemalurgist!

Day Shift 2 has begun! It will end at 8PM GMT on Monday. I will be starting the next Turn on Tuesday at 8PM. PMs may not be sent until the Night Shift begins, regardless of whether or not the Day Shift is ended.

Shift Timer

You aren't being paid to watch the clock. Get back to work!
red_1447099200.png

Edited by Wyrmhero

Adavantos did it first... Hes obviously an eliminator.

Maybe.

He has plausible deniability because his post was likely ninja'd by Wyrm. Yours, however, clearly references the content of Wyrm's post, and is therefore illegal.

Everyone steals my clocks and rep points. Seriously, that post is going to be popular no matter what, so take care of the little guys.

tsaiv.jpg

In conclusion, Wilson, how could you? I knew you were Bloodthirsty, but really? Mailliw?

The day itself was not much better. Sleep, Sonder’d learned, was the sort of thing you learned to forgo when working on a ship. When all sorts of emergencies happened, as they invariably did, you just had to drop what you were doing—even if it was fumbling your way to awareness, having been woken up by one of the ship-based alarms—and scramble as fast as possible to whatever needed attending to.

Then, there was doing whatever wasn’t strictly in your contract. When crem happened, as da Gama said, philosophically, over the rim of his stained coffee mug, you just had to hustle and do whatever it took; go wherever you were told to. Didn’t matter if you were a Fourth in charge of sewage and cooling, or if you were a Third manning the comm systems, or even a cadet nervously keeping an eye on the auxiliary engines, under the supervision of an engineering officer. If you had to do things, you did them, or maybe you weren’t coming back planetside. And that was that.

Things were working as they were supposed to be: for now, and for a given value of ‘supposed’. Second and a few juniors were checking out one of the engine cylinders, which had begun to develop a stuttering, rattling sound. “Sounds like something’s loose in there,” Second was saying. His kit lay, spread out neatly on the floor of the engine room, before him. They’d rerouted power in order to be able to shut down cylinder five and were presently waiting for it to cool, enough that they could work it open with sufficient precautions, given a heat-eater, which was based off the feruchemical use of brass.

Sonder passed them and continued on.

Earlier, Second’d called them all together and informed the rag-tag group of engineers and technicians that had gathered that in the light of the recent attempts at sabotage on the Shardship, the Captain and the Chief’d agreed to put everyone on double shifts. At the first collective groan that arose in light of the news, Second’d added, sharply, “Mind, the deck officers are also on double shifts. But the Chief wants someone in the engine room around the clock, and that means we’re going to have to work double. With someone on duty 24/7.”

“Where’s the Chief?” someone called out. A cadet, of course, Sonder thought.

Second rolled his eyes and looked at him. “On the bridge, of course,” he said.

“Shouldn’t he be here?”

“Be lucky to see him in here at all,” muttered a technician in front of Sonder, mutinously. As Second raked a sharp glance over at her, she raised her hands and shrugged, defensively. “I’m just saying, is all.”

Second cleared his throat. “The Chief’s handling things on his end,” he said, firmly. “And that’s all any of you here need to know. All of you’ve signed contracts. You’re working for this ship, and if it means you need to work twice as hard to make sure no one succeeds in sabotaging her, you’ll do it.”

“What about us?”

Second looked around sharply, but could not find the person who’d spoken. “What about that?” he demanded. “Who is it?”

The gathered huddle parted and a technician smushed in among the ranks emerged; his blue coveralls still stained by soot and grease. “They’re trying to sabotage the ship, and it looks to me like they’re killing everyone who gets in their way. Look, I used to work shifts with Miral. You put him on the Hemalurgic systems, and now he’s dead. I didn’t sign up to do that.”

“But you signed up,” Second insisted, striding over to the offending technician. He jabbed a finger at his chest. “You signed up for a berth on this ship; a ship run by a megacorporation.”

“I didn’t sign up to get knifed by saboteurs,” the technician insisted, standing his ground. “They’re killing now. They’re dead serious. They blew up the gardens.”

“What did you expect?” Second demanded. “Megacorp work pays well. But you knew the dangers. You chose to sign up despite them.”

“Not like this.”

No one else said anything. After a long silence, Second said, ignoring the technician who’d spoken up, “Well, you know what we have to do. Anyone who doesn’t want to do it can go to the Captain’s office and sign the papers—terminating your contract—and get off the next time we make planetfall again. Is that clear?” He spun about on his heels and eyed the rest of them. “The rest of you, get back to work. If this ship goes, we all go with her. That should be reason enough to make sure rust doesn’t happen on our watch.”

My immediate thought: do we know if Maili role-claimed? Who did he role-claim to? And how many Hemalurgists do we have left?

Edit: I can neither confirm nor deny pre-writing RP posts...

Edited by Kasimir

Kasimir, yes he did roleclaim. Not to me, I got the info third-hand, 20 minutes ago. And I'm going to put a vote on IrulelikeSTINK as the person who reportedly acted very suspicious after hearing his role.

Edit: It was actually 60 minutes ago, roughly, from the time of this edit. Was thinking like it was a different time.

Edited by Kipper