Corax

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, (and please point me there!) but do we know if both typical kandra spikes are supposed to bestow the same Blessing? (I've just begun rereading the first trilogy and it's been a while, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious). Or can a kandra have, say, both the Blessing of Presence and the Blessing of Awareness together? 

I know that it's more of a whole-of-Scadrial question, but since SoS deals so much with spiky kandra, it seemed more appropriate to post here. :)

Ah, thank you, Kurkistan! Man, it's been too long since I've read the first Mistborn trilogy. I wonder, can they double up? They way MeLaan and TenSoon talk, as well as Harmony's phrasing makes it seem like two is a minimum, and adding on more is possible, at the expense of being more and more easily influenced/controlled by Harmony. 

I don't know if they can have two of the same Blessings but TenSoon did have both his (Blessing of Presence) and the one he took from OreSeur (Blessing of Potency).

Aha! Thank you. I thought I remembered that!

Kandra get one pair/blessing and as far as I recall they would only get a second pair by cannibalizing another Kandra (which is a huge problem). Technically, I suppose if one Kandra found another shortly after death, they could acquire a second pair that way. (Quick enough that the spikes don't lose charge, but too late to save the other.)

The MAG book does mention that you can't benefit from the same Blessing more than once. That's as canon as I know for sure (And MAG isn't quite canon)

• Chaos locked this topic