Important Discovery by Interlude Character

cem

3 hours ago, Nightblade said:

That might be true but, Kriss is described with the same clothing style and skin color from the White Sand book. Kriss also likes formal names like Mistress or Duchess. 

And Kriss dosent seem to be the kind of person to take paintings for keepsakes, Say she was hunting a forger down destroying the art wold be the easiest way to find forgeries

And the other destroyed art? Was she looking for forged statues several years earlier as well? Why only the Shalash statue?

There's also this death rattle:

A woman sits and scratches out her own eyes. Daughter of kings and winds, the vandal.

—Collected on Palahevan 1173, 73 seconds pre-death, by the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a beggar of some renown, known for his elegant songs.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Shalash. She fits too well.

2 hours ago, Blightsong said:

Yea, i think he is talking about WoR here. Wverything else in the paragraph is ablut WoR, it would be weird if he suddenly switched to talking about WoK.

This is probably about Stormform.

I'm pretty sure it's about the discovery the two scholars made. Being able to lock down and control spren is a really big deal. Right now it seems like you need gemstones, and probably a bit of luck, to do it, and even then you're mostly just keeping it in one place. But with greater control over spren, I bet you can make fantasic fabrials.

2 hours ago, Eki said:

And the other destroyed art? Was she looking for forged statues several years earlier as well? Why only the Shalash statue?

There's also this death rattle:

So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Shalash. She fits too well.

I'm pretty sure it's about the discovery the two scholars made. Being able to lock down and control spren is a really big deal. Right now it seems like you need gemstones, and probably a bit of luck, to do it, and even then you're mostly just keeping it in one place. But with greater control over spren, I bet you can make fantasic fabrials.

The question is specifically about hints to book 2 and he talks about book 2 features the entire paragraph, it doesn't make sense for him to suddenly mention an interlude in book one without saying it was from book one.

The  WoB said the discovery has heavy ramifications, not that it's a big deal. The word "Ramification" is a synonym for consequence and is almost always used when talking about a negative effect. This seems to describe the discovery of Stormform much more than the discovery of the two scholars.

22 minutes ago, Blightsong said:

The question is specifically about hints to book 2 and he talks about book 2 features the entire paragraph, it doesn't make sense for him to suddenly mention an interlude in book one without saying it was from book one.

The  WoB said the discovery has heavy ramifications, not that it's a big deal. The word "Ramification" is a synonym for consequence and is almost always used when talking about a negative effect. This seems to describe the discovery of Stormform much more than the discovery of the two scholars.

The interview is after WoK came out though, and it's supposed to be a hint to keep fans busy while waiting for book 2. He says that an important discovery was made, not will be made. Seems to me like that should be an interlude from WoK.

1 hour ago, BeskarKomrk said:

The interview is after WoK came out though, and it's supposed to be a hint to keep fans busy while waiting for book 2. He says that an important discovery was made, not will be made. Seems to me like that should be an interlude from WoK.

The question is specific in that it is asking for book 2 teasers, but you do have a point about the wording. I think that it could be talking about either book, but it still feels off to me that it would be book one. It just seems like it's talking about something way more serious than that discovery. Your guy's example really just seems more like an advancement in Realmatics than "something that will have long lasting ramifications". Long lasting also implies that it is reversible or could become obsolete, which I don't think is the case with the discovery from the scholars.

• Chaos locked this topic