"DONT PRESS THIS BUTTON HORRIBLE THINGS WILL HAPPEN"

You really only have yourself to blame...

And no, I did not watch it.

:( Apparently I have yet to discover the sleep medicine situation for you. :P

Yeah, I get all the vitamins and minerals I need, and I'm still a strong introvert. I don't think it's a lack of anything so much as just a way certain people are programmed. 

Good for you, fruits and vegetables are important :)

Now, to clarify (since I'm at a computer and not posting from a phone) the list seems to contain experiences common to everyone, not just "introverts".

For example, the desire for sleep has been expressed to me by many people across the spectrum. Sometimes it's because they've done too much, they're stressed, or they have not been eating a balanced diet! In either event, it isn't a characteristic of introvert to be "sleepy" or have the desire to stare out into space devoid of thought.

I add the social awkwardness criteria to be common because you know there are people who like interpersonal interactions and yet are frustrated because they can not navigate the social sphere. It's actually a very common plot point in TV Shows and movies, I suspect because a lot of the audience can relate to it. As a result, I don't view social awkwardness as a characteristic of an introvert (in otherwords, an introvert may be socially awkward, but being socially awkward does not mean you're an introvert)

As far as "extroverts" getting energized by social interactions/parties? I think the actual word is "enjoyment". They are enjoying themselves, and as a result might take as much of the experience as they can before they physically exhaust themselves. It's like if you're reading  book, begin to really enjoy it, and read it until the Piper Pipes at the Gates of Dawn and you realize you've lost a good night's sleep. You're not "energized", but you just enjoyed something... perhaps irresponsibly so. The "lack of energy" or "sucking of energy" is probably more conducive to not enjoying where you are at/doing rather than your introversion.

Can introversion contribute to this? Sure, but not necessarily. For example, you might enjoy an hours long session of Reckoners RPG with Brandon Sanderson and Peter Ahlstrom while someone you view as "extroverted" would feel "drained" after fifteen minutes of it. 

It's relative!

Note: I'm not going to doubt anyone's word that they lean towards being "introverted" or are "introverted", I am merely criticizing the various characteristics that have been attached to the introverted over the past few years.

I'm sure I can dig up some of the 86-page articles I had to read for grad school. :ph34r:

You see thats just going to make me end up reading Discworld all night XD Ah, the joys of not doing what you are supposed to do...

*Squiggles the Glyph "Sparkles" on Twis forehead* Ah, wait, that was pointless...

Unless... *Paints on everyone* I call it "The collection of brands of the soul!" Ah, I love how you can do weird things and pretend it is art.

Good for you, fruits and vegetables are important :)

Now, to clarify (since I'm at a computer and not posting from a phone) the list seems to contain experiences common to everyone, not just "introverts".

For example, the desire for sleep has been expressed to me by many people across the spectrum. Sometimes it's because they've done too much, they're stressed, or they have not been eating a balanced diet! In either event, it isn't a characteristic of introvert to be "sleepy" or have the desire to stare out into space devoid of thought.

I add the social awkwardness criteria to be common because you know there are people who like interpersonal interactions and yet are frustrated because they can not navigate the social sphere. It's actually a very common plot point in TV Shows and movies, I suspect because a lot of the audience can relate to it. As a result, I don't view social awkwardness as a characteristic of an introvert (in otherwords, an introvert may be socially awkward, but being socially awkward does not mean you're an introvert)

As far as "extroverts" getting energized by social interactions/parties? I think the actual word is "enjoyment". They are enjoying themselves, and as a result might take as much of the experience as they can before they physically exhaust themselves. It's like if you're reading book, begin to really enjoy it, and read it until the Piper Pipes at the Gates of Dawn and you realize you've lost a good night's sleep. You're not "energized", but you just enjoyed something... perhaps irresponsibly so. The "lack of energy" or "sucking of energy" is probably more conducive to not enjoying where you are at/doing rather than your introversion.

Can introversion contribute to this? Sure, but not necessarily. For example, you might enjoy an hours long session of Reckoners RPG with Brandon Sanderson and Peter Ahlstrom while someone you view as "extroverted" would feel "drained" after fifteen minutes of it.

It's relative!

Note: I'm not going to doubt anyone's word that they lean towards being "introverted" or are "introverted", I am merely criticizing the various characteristics that have been attached to the introverted over the past few years.

There's a difference between not enjoying something and actually being drained by it. Take cross-country. That's a pretty simplistic example, but it fits: You can enjoy it even though the whole point of it is to expend your energy.

The same is true of introverts and socializing. When I go to a party, I can enjoy myself. I can talk to many people I like, I can sing karaoke, I can do all of the things you normally do at parties--and when I leave, I will be actually, physically tired. And don't tell me it's psychosomatic; I had these same symptoms before I ever knew what an introvert was. When I was a child, I would make excuses to get out of a sleepover when I'd already been to a party the day before, because I was too drained from the party to properly enjoy the sleepover.

This happens regardless of how I care for myself. I eat a very balanced diet, including a lot of food I make from scratch with good ingredients, with plenty of vegetables and fruit. I'm still drained after socializing. I get a good night's sleep, and socializing still drains me. Introversion isn't something that happens to you because of something you failed to do; it's something that you are. There might be fewer of us than extroverts, but that doesn't make introversion any less natural than extroversion.

The same is true of introverts and socializing. When I go to a party, I can enjoy myself. I can talk to many people I like, I can sing karaoke, I can do all of the things you normally do at parties--and when I leave, I will be actually, physically tired. And don't tell me it's psychosomatic; I had these same symptoms before I ever knew what an introvert was. When I was a child, I would make excuses to get out of a sleepover when I'd already been to a party the day before, because I was too drained from the party to properly enjoy the sleepover.

This happens regardless of how I care for myself. I eat a very balanced diet, including a lot of food I make from scratch with good ingredients, with plenty of vegetables and fruit. I'm still drained after socializing. I get a good night's sleep, and socializing still drains me. Introversion isn't something that happens to you because of something you failed to do; it's something that you are. There might be fewer of us than extroverts, but that doesn't make introversion any less natural than extroversion.

I did not mean to say that introvertism is psychosomatic or diet related, my point is that extroverts experience the exact same things as well. My main point is that a lot of experiences being labeled as "introverted" happen to "extroverted" as well. 

I did not mean to say that introvertism is psychosomatic or diet related, my point is that extroverts experience the exact same things as well. My main point is that a lot of experiences being labeled as "introverted" happen to "extroverted" as well. 

Apologies, then; I must have misread. :) It's just that there are people who barely believe introversion is a thing (or don't believe in it at all) which means they see everything introverts do as a mistake, and their social fatigue as their own fault. 

These aren't absolute categories - there's fuzz around the edges, and human experience is basically human experience.  The "energy" concept is a generalization.  With more specific details, a description can get more accurate, but apply to less people, or cover people less in one self-labeled category.  For instance, if you're at a party and a conversation is underway with people you know who have different points of view, most people choose their words carefully.  The typical introverted way of looking at this can be that it's exhausting - you can't go all the way with a line of thinking, or cross boundaries of taste that some of the people would love, but others would be genuinely disgusted or disturbed by.  Plus, more people means more implied pressure to interact, to accept sudden changes of subject or tone, etc.  The typical extrovert view of this is that "Oh, it's fun - everybody's happy."  If that's what you enjoy more, it's just gonna be good brainbuzz, you know?  Even extroverts can feel pressure from this sort of thing (check out Sia's "Chandelier" for a condensed example with alcoholism thrown in).

Apologies, then; I must have misread. :) It's just that there are people who barely believe introversion is a thing (or don't believe in it at all) which means they see everything introverts do as a mistake, and their social fatigue as their own fault.

No problem, I kinda beat around the meaning for a bit there, and my first post from my phone was confrontational, so I apologize for that.

Oh, and just so others don't ignorantly click on the video Kipper posted and have to call in sick tomorrow,

I believe it's of a nasty "zit" being popped. Pustule is probably a better term for it than zit.

So yeah, if you watch it now it's your own fault!

Edited by Orlion

This list is highly accurate. Introverts? Agree or agree? :P

So much.

I... I... I dont think Im an introvert anymore... That or I think it was Twi who made the comparison that being an introvert is like making introvert muffins. You make your muffins, alone, then you have muffins, so you start to share the muffins with others, then you are out of muffins so you go back to being alone so you can make more introvert muffins.

Im storming drowning in muffins. Theres muffins everywhere, I have no idea what to do with all these muffins.

Or I am just an ambivert now. Could be that.

Or maybe you haven't had as much of a chance to share muffins lately, and you have a backlog?

Here, this might help you sleep better.

That...that was kind of awesome.

Wait, no, I meant weird and gross.  Yeah.  I am not in any way fascinated by weird and gross things.... :ph34r:

As far as "extroverts" getting energized by social interactions/parties? I think the actual word is "enjoyment". They are enjoying themselves, and as a result might take as much of the experience as they can before they physically exhaust themselves. It's like if you're reading  book, begin to really enjoy it, and read it until the Piper Pipes at the Gates of Dawn and you realize you've lost a good night's sleep. You're not "energized", but you just enjoyed something... perhaps irresponsibly so. The "lack of energy" or "sucking of energy" is probably more conducive to not enjoying where you are at/doing rather than your introversion.

Yeah, I'm not particularly awkward (at least, not like I was in my younger years), and I enjoy the heck out of parties with my friends, but when it's over I want to hibernate for a full day or two before directly interacting with anyone other than my husband. :)

Bruce likes classic rock. 

My brother played a minute or two of AC/DC's "Thunderstruck," and he wagged his tail. When I played "Smells Like Teen Spirit," he sat and listened, eyes narrowed in pleasure, soaking it in. 

RHCP's "Californication" soothed him right to sleep. 

My dog has good taste in music. :ph34r: 

I should probably be working on Storm's Reach (my NaNo Novel). Instead I'm on the Shard. Story of my liffeeee.

Also did you know that plants grow faster when you play classical music to them? (I think this is true, but don't hold me to it. I could have made it up completely. It's been a long 8 days.)

Having read up to the 61% (give or take; on my computer it says 61% but on my phone it says 64%) mark in ​Well of Ascension….

Vin = Awesome 

Sazed = *sobbing* 

Penrod, Straff, and Cett = CRUSH YOUR FACE! CRUSHCRUSHCRUSH

Edit: Huh. Apparently, there's only a few more chapters to go before I'm on Hero of Ages. Reading the Kindle edition with all three books together really threw me off. :ph34r: 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Or maybe you haven't had as much of a chance to share muffins lately, and you have a backlog?

Yeah, like I said, muffins everywhere. Muffins up to the ceiling, anyone wants introvert muffins?

I may have gotten an internet acquaintance to pick up Name of the Wind and Mistborn.

CAUTION: Tantrums follow.

Just had a lecture from my parents about 'diligence' and 'determination' in things that they find to be important. I.e. school. Which I find ironic, because I do well in school. Well, relatively well.

The thing that annoys me about these speeches is the pointlessness of it. I mean, I've heard it all before. Except, if I didn't turn into a mind-bending, work-fuelled robot last time you made the speech, what makes you think it will happen this time.

I mean, I try to sympathise with them. I really do. But, why bother trying out 'The Speech' when we both know, from hours of grueling experience, doesn't work? If you want to actually do something instead of making my life hell, could you at least try something new once in a while? Or is that too much to ask?

And even that is only applicable if I don't already do well in school. Which is false. I do moderately well in school, with above average marks. It's just those few comments in the 'Comments' box written by the teacher that make my life well.

(Paraphrased)

"Conor could improve his marks in future if he were able to be more consistent with his schoolwork."

"Conor could achieve a lot in this subject if he could pay more attention in class."

or, my personal favourite:

"Conor has consistently shown his ability in this subject, but it is clear his interest is in other areas."

I know some here won't agree. I don't even mind. The only thing that I actually have a problem against in what my parents are doing is making a futile gesture for no reason whatsoever, just to make my life that bit more difficult.