He was a Greek Philosopher, one of the "first" (as far as recorded history goes!). I believe he posited that everything was made of one type of indivisible particle (he did not call it an "atom", but it was an atom).

Hmm, did he? Don't want to get tracked into a meaningless debate here, but I would say that he didn't really come all that close to an atom. Philosophically, it was more of a type of chaos theory. Like an underlying universal primordial ooze that you can't see/detect, but everything comes from it.

Hmm, did he? Don't want to get tracked into a meaningless debate here, but I would say that he didn't really come all that close to an atom. Philosophically, it was more of a type of chaos theory. Like an underlying universal primordial ooze that you can't see/detect, but everything comes from it.

Primordial ooze! Love it!

Check my member title.

Primordial is one of those words that makes everything instantly cool.

Back on an old wiki I frequented, someone was doing a Doctor Who roleplay where the Doctor fights a dragon.

"Just a dragon?" we asked. "That doesn't really sound... Doctor Who enough."

"It's a Primordial Dragon."

"Ooooh. Let's do this thing."

Back on an old wiki I frequented, someone was doing a Doctor Who roleplay where the Doctor fights a dragon.

"Just a dragon?" we asked. "That doesn't really sound... Doctor Who enough."

"It's a Primordial Dragon."

"Ooooh. Let's do this thing."

There is just something great and mighty about the word primordial. It conjures up images of ancient, giant and mighty creatures and possibly Lovecraftian Gods well before the first primate even existed. There is just something magical about the word.

Speaking of magic. Just magic sounds a bit lame.

Primordial magic, now we are talking.

Even better with Primordial force or primordial power.

Im sorry primordial doesnt look like a word anymore...

What watching that progress bar feels like...

STORMLIGHT PROGRESS: 1%

"Yay!"

STORMLIGHT PROGRESS: 0%

"No!"

STORMLIGHT PROGRESS: -1%

"Curse you, changes in narrative direction!"

STORMLIGHT PROGRESS: ∞%

STORMLIGHT PROGRESS: א‎0%

STORMLIGHT PROGRESS: ☻%

STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH MY HEART SANDERSON.

Edited by Kobold King

Should I do it? I'm gonna do it.

Okay, so this is an old Doctor Who theory of mine, exactly as I first wrote it (except for grammar and spelling, which have been corrected). It was my first real theory, and it made me rather excited. Unfortunately, I poked a hole the size of Belgium in it the next day, but I figured I'd still share it for nostalgia's sake or something.

Anyways. Seasons 7 & 8 spoilers.

Behold as I propose a most wondrous theory!

*DOCTOR WHO SEASONS 7 & 8 SPOILERS AHEAD*

*CERTAIN CONFUSION FOR NON-WHOVIANS AHEAD*

Okay, so I was just sitting there, doing school, daydreaming about TARDISes, when this idea struck me. Now, I apologize if there's a tumblr user out there who already came up with this, but dang this was so awesome I had to share it.

If you've already seen seasons 7 & 8 of Doctor Who, great. But if you haven't, or just need a refresher, then basically what happens is this:

At the end of season 7, the Doctors (that's right, all thirteen of him) save Gallifrey from the destruction caused by the war and their own intervention. They hide it in a pocket universe so the Daleks will still think it blew up. The whole problem now is where to find it.

Then, in season 8, various people have died and found themselves in "Heaven," greeted by a strange character known as Missy. In the season finale, Missy turns out to be the Doctor's arch-nemesis, the Master (Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey, don't ask). Point being, before she died in the last episode, she tells the Doctor where Gallifrey is hidden: its original location. He goes and checks, but... it's not there. After beating the living time out of the TARDIS console, he hears a knock at the door.

It's Santa.

Enter the Christmas special. I've already spent enough time on the other bits of backstory, so long story short: Creepy carnivorous dream crab things, Arctic base, and Santa is actually a figment of their imagination to snap them out of the crab-induced dreams. It was all very Inception-esque.

So then why is Santa showing up immediately after the Doctor failed to find Gallifrey?

My conclusion: Gallifrey's still there, Missy wasn't lying, OMIGOSH MOFFAT HURRY UP WITH SEASON 9 ALREADY.

So there's my crackpot theory. Agree with it, poke holes in it, all I know is that this show has already messed with my emotions way too much

Apologies if this was in anyway incoherent, I was /waaay/ too excited that I finally came up with a viable, plausible theory

Doctor Who is just awesome, people.

So basically what you're saying is that the (season 8)

not finding Gallifrey

was part of the dream too?

Yuuup. But then I rewatched the episode and there was a scene I didn't remember that basically tore the whole theory to pieces and stomped on them. :P

So I'm reading Sea Wolf by Jack London for literature class. It's pretty good so far but the plot line feels familiar for some reason.

Let's see: Man who knows next to nothing about sailing ends up on the worst ship he could possibly be on and ends up going on a sea hunting voyage only to discover the captain is pretty much a lunatic. Now where have I seen this before??

Seriously though, I don't mind this book. It's a good book so far, but if Wolf Larsen announces to the crew that they're going off to hunt for the mystical and immortal white seal, I will scream.