I write things.

I...I'm not actually sure whether they're really good or not.  They're not bad, at least.  I suppose I'll get a better idea once I've finished the second draft of my Mistborn fanfic and sent it off to the beta readers.  :ph34r:

I don't really know about my writing's quality. All I know is that is has improved. A lot.

Seriously, my first worldbuilding was a Harry Potter ripoff called Tricera (named after Triceratops, seriously).

Then my first NaNoWriMo was 50,000 words of nothingness.

I actually have plots now, which is a lot better.

I just spent 15 minutes away from writing to create a name for my evil church. It literally means "don't sorcery" in Quenya (Elvish, that is).

...So, not totally wonderful yet.

I started writing that thing I based of my dream, then I realized that I dont know how to outline, and I need to read up on hunter-gatherer tribes and I have 4 magic systems that I should probably try to combine into one and seriously, someone teach me how to outline.

Storms... doing horror shorts is like "Is this scary/really weird? Good, lets write it." And then I improvise them together and at least ten people liked them so I must be doing something right.

You're both on the right track, but it's actually a direct quote from something. Problem is, I'm not sure if there are enough people around here familiar enough with the old-school portion of that fandom to get it.

See I associate that with Space Quest... 4? The one where you get to pilot a ship. And now that I think of it, I recall there being a can of Primordial Soup on one of the planets.

So, in my french class, we have "un chanson de la semaine," (a song of the week), and this week's song is very entertaining, even if you don't know French. I present to you, Moustache.

For those of you who don't know French, it talks about this person who has everything any one could dream of...

except a mustache. 

See I associate that with Space Quest... 4? The one where you get to pilot a ship. And now that I think of it, I recall there being a can of Primordial Soup on one of the planets.

Yup - at the beginning, on Xenon.  You have to be very careful in picking it up... <sizzle sizzle melt>

I never played any of them.

Oh, fine, I'll give you guys the goods. :)

Classic Doctor Who episode called "Ghost Light".  They're sitting down to dinner with a bunch of creepy aliens.  The Seventh Doctor specifically says firmly to Ace, "Don't eat the soup!"  Because it totally is primordial soup created from broken-down human.

Ghost Light is one of the few Seventh Doctor episodes on Netflix (if it's still there.)  It's... yeah, watch it paying a lot of attention, because it's a mystery that's not very well laid out.

The copy I had of it from the PBS broadcast had an awful sound mix, too.  Hopefully the official release is a bit easier to hear.

I'm jumping in a little late here but -

Kobold, your writing is *amazing*. I'm actually kind of shocked that you don't know how to confident because you have more than enough reason to do so. Your longer writing-y posts (I think I'm looking for the word prose? :P) usually make me laugh, and you've got a beautiful way with words.

Please learn how to confident. Your writing is great.

I present to you a dramatic reenactment of a scene from Hero of Ages.

TenSoon's trial, edited for brevity.

KanPaar: TenSoon of the Third Generation, would you like to explain why you suck so much?

TenSoon: No, not really.

KanPaar: So you admit that you suck.

TenSoon: No, I'd just rather talk about something more relevant.

KanPaar: Nothing is more relevant than your suckishness.

TenSoon: I actually don't think I suck at all.

KanPaar: Well, we do. Do you agree, or should we skip straight to sentencing?

TenSoon: This....this isn't how justice works....

KanPaar: Nothing really works in your life, TenSoon, get over it.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I present to you a dramatic reenactment of a scene from Hero of Ages.

TenSoon's trial, edited for brevity.

KanPaar: TenSoon of the Third Generation, would you like to explain why you suck so much?

TenSoon: No, not really.

KanPaar: So you admit that you suck.

TenSoon: No, I'd just rather talk about something more relevant.

KanPaar: Nothing is more relevant than your suckishness.

TenSoon: I actually don't think I suck at all.

KanPaar: Well, we do. Do you agree, or should we skip straight to sentencing?

TenSoon: This....this isn't how justice works....

KanPaar: Nothing really works in your life, TenSoon, get over it.

:D Twi, you have a way with words.

I finally finally finally got Shadows of Self! I'm not done get, but so far I've gotten this impression:

(Spoilers)

GIVE WAYNE ALL THE HUGS

Seriously, though, cut Wayne a break. He ain't never done nothin to you. Except maybe steal- I mean trade a few things. (And, in a few cases, kill your father/husband kind of on accident.) Don't you make him feel bad, he's awesome.

Edited by Mistrunner