It's things like these that make me think seriously about joining the Reckoners RPG.

Okay. Twi. You have made me interested enough that I went to the Reckoners RPG subforum and start reading. From the beginning. (this happened a week or two ago). I've been reading What Happened in Portland in sync with the original Question thread. I'm on page 18 of the RP and 72 of Question. I am definitely enjoying the madness so far, and Funtimes makes me laugh almost every time. I'm not sure whether to thank you or not...

So I might join at some point in the future. After the myriad projects I'm working on, which I've already complained about to several people. A brief rundown- NaNoWriMo, secret 17th shard projects, 1st SE game, four musical ensemble concerts (and an audition to get into an orchestra tomorrow, after I had to replace three strings tonight), school stuff, and probably something else I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

So, it may take a while. But the novel I'm writing right now has several superpowered characters, so I definitely have ideas.

I was told that I am creepier than The Reckoners RPG, so I should probably join and creep it up.

I have two epic ideas. One is a rank A shape shifter, but that is broken as storms so lets not do that.

The other is a girl who can control corpses.

Edited by Morzathoth

I was told that I am creepier than The Reckoners RPG, so I should probably join and creep it up.

I have two epic ideas. One is a rank A shape shifter, but that is broken as storms so lets not do that.

The corpse controlling girl would have some interesting interactions with Lightwards, the resident necromancer. :mellow:

Wow, okay, remind me to be on a different thread then you, so I can sleep at night. :wacko:

I personally dont find myself all that creepy XD

The corpse controlling girl would have some interesting interactions with Lightwards, the resident necromancer. :mellow:

You already have a necromancer? .-. Of course you do... I'll think of something else then.

Pray do tell, what is this 'Ookla Season'?  :o

Koloss Head-Munching Day = Brandon's Birthday (Dec. 19)

Ookla Season = Nov. 25 to Dec. 19

In it, people venerate Peter by changing their names to Ookla the (adverb). But, that means that you have to rely on profile pics to know who someone is. So, it's easy for someone like Kobold to still be recognized. natc, on the other hand...

Okay. Twi. You have made me interested enough that I went to the Reckoners RPG subforum and start reading. From the beginning. (this happened a week or two ago). I've been reading What Happened in Portland in sync with the original Question thread. I'm on page 18 of the RP and 72 of Question. I am definitely enjoying the madness so far, and Funtimes makes me laugh almost every time. I'm not sure whether to thank you or not...

So I might join at some point in the future. After the myriad projects I'm working on, which I've already complained about to several people. A brief rundown- NaNoWriMo, secret 17th shard projects, 1st SE game, four musical ensemble concerts (and an audition to get into an orchestra tomorrow, after I had to replace three strings tonight), school stuff, and probably something else I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

So, it may take a while. But the novel I'm writing right now has several superpowered characters, so I definitely have ideas.

I'm not sure, if reading all the old Question threads is such a good idea, a lot of that is just fluff.

I'd be interested to know what you consider a rank A shapeshifter for it to be that broken. :ph34r:

I raise your corpse controler with an Epic that can use your own blood to turn you into a living flesh puppet.

I shall do this. I have heard stories of Nighthound.

Eh, I could do worse if i tried. :ph34r:

I'd be interested to know what you consider a rank A shapeshifter for it to be that broken. :ph34r:

I raise your corpse controler with an Epic that can use your own blood to turn you into a living flesh puppet.

Eh, I could do worse if i tried. :ph34r:

First of all it would be a high epic because all damage would just be shape shifted away. Second of all, shape shifting into anything they want, they can be a tank if they want to, you cant trust anyone, or anything, they may be a potted plant, or the car you are riding in, or your gun, or a highly armored cyborg with tentacles and bullets shooting from everywhere. Steelheart dreams of being that powerful.

Blood manipulation is one of my favorite abilities.

I probably could as well. Thing is that I dont think the mods will like that much XD

First of all it would be a high epic because all damage would just be shape shifted away. Second of all, shape shifting into anything they want, they can be a tank if they want to, you cant trust anyone, or anything, they may be a potted plant, or the car you are riding in, or your gun, or a highly armored cyborg with tentacles and bullets shooting from everywhere. Steelheart dreams of being that powerful.

That sounds crazy cool, though. Maybe you could add a few limitations to the extent of his damage healing? Perhaps if over 50% of his current form is destroyed he'll be unable to pull himself back together, forcing him to be cautious when dealing with other powerful Epics. Or liquids can slow down his ability to shapeshift--he'd have to watch out for water, and since he can't reproduce blood people can use knives or needles to determine whether their allies are secretly Shape Shifter Man in disguise. There are a lot of options, is what I'm saying. :D

Here's hoping to see all of you soon. :ph34r:

Edited by Kobold King

That sounds crazy cool, though. Maybe you could add a few limitations to the extent of his damage healing? Perhaps if over 50% of his current form is destroyed he'll be unable to pull himself back together, forcing him to be cautious when dealing with other powerful Epics. Or liquids can slow down his ability to shapeshift--he'd have to watch out for water, and since he can't reproduce blood people can use knives or needles to determine whether their allies are secretly Shape Shifter Man in disguise. There are a lot of options, is what I'm saying. :D

Here's hoping to see all of you soon. :ph34r:

Well, yes, with some limitations it could work, like a limit their (Shapeshifters dont have genders, dont be ridiculous) size, both the shrinking and growing kind.

But giving the character a common weakness seems to be one way to do it... I just need to figure out their weakness...

I have something quasi-blasphemous to admit :ph34r:

The Reckoners RPG section does look pretty interesting, and I've considered it once or twice. But ultimately, for some reason, the setting just doesn't really appeal to me as much as some of Sanderson's other settings. Which is a pity, I suppose as I am that blasphemous person who spends most of Sanderson Elimination and HttFE RPing instead of killing people do find RP interesting.

I don't really know how to articulate this, but I guess it's just that dystopian settings, particularly those in America, no matter how creative, don't really interest me. I'm kind of saturated by now. (I've been looking for more interesting ones, like Eastern Europe. There's a reason I enjoyed Dragonfall as well...) :/

I have something quasi-blasphemous to admit :ph34r:

The Reckoners RPG section does look pretty interesting, and I've considered it once or twice. But ultimately, for some reason, the setting just doesn't really appeal to me as much as some of Sanderson's other settings. Which is a pity, I suppose as I am that blasphemous person who spends most of Sanderson Elimination and HttFE RPing instead of killing people do find RP interesting.

I don't really know how to articulate this, but I guess it's just that dystopian settings, particularly those in America, no matter how creative, don't really interest me. I'm kind of saturated by now. (I've been looking for more interesting ones, like Eastern Europe. There's a reason I enjoyed Dragonfall as well...) :/

Well, some people do have spread out to Australia recently. :ph34r:

Well, some people do have spread out to Australia recently. :ph34r:

Point taken, but I'll just clarify/add the typical 'Anglosphere' settings generally seem to bore me a bit. (So: America, Australia, UK...) Also, not the biggest fan of the superhero genre :P I more or less read Reckoners because it was by Sanderson, sorry!

#shamelessKasisshameless

You misunderstand. I'm starting the Tribe of the Shard. We'll scribe our roleplays on cave walls and distribute random memes via carrier pigeons. I am confident that the 17th Shard can survive the dissolution of society. :P

But it's worse than you think.  You do realize that in your non-technological utopia, there will be no printing presses?  There would never be another Sanderson book:o

We could always have a 17th Shard Prom. :ph34r:

I am in favor of this idea.

Pray do tell, what is this 'Ookla Season'? :o

Koloss Head-Munching Day = Brandon's Birthday (Dec. 19)

Ookla Season = Nov. 25 to Dec. 19

In it, people venerate Peter by changing their names to Ookla the (adverb). But, that means that you have to rely on profile pics to know who someone is. So, it's easy for someone like Kobold to still be recognized. natc, on the other hand...

The madness of Ookla Season - Peter's birthday through Brandon's birthday.

You know what's really fun?  Joining the board just before Ookla Season and getting active right during it, and not having a single rusted idea of why all of these Ooklas are running around.  I was so confused.

The madness of Ookla Season - Peter's birthday through Brandon's birthday.

You know what's really fun?  Joining the board just before Ookla Season and getting active right during it, and not having a single rusted idea of why all of these Ooklas are running around.  I was so confused.

Same here, I joined November 27th. -_-