Same here, I joined November 27th. -_-

For me, it was late October last year, but I think I lurked for a while.  I really started posting stuff in November and I had a lot of Ooklas responding.  So many Ooklas.  I had no idea what was going on.

If we wait a few months we could do it for Valentine's Day. :P

Also, I found a thing for you.

chess_by_otakuap-d9gk68j.png

We could, we could. We could also make it a Yule Ball sort of thing. :ph34r: 

Bill, a chaos demon, playing chess with Discord, a spirit of chaos? Chess is often coded as a battle of wits, and when two powerful characters play chess with one another, it's either symbolic of a deeper struggle beneath the surface—or it's the battle itself. With Discord and Bill, why, the very fate of the universe—both universes—all universes, even—could hang in the balance. 

I find this image deeply unsettling. :mellow: 

We could, we could. We could also make it a Yule Ball sort of thing. :ph34r:

Bill, a chaos demon, playing chess with Discord, a spirit of chaos? Chess is often coded as a battle of wits, and when two powerful characters play chess with one another, it's either symbolic of a deeper struggle beneath the surface—or it's the battle itself. With Discord and Bill, why, the very fate of the universe—both universes—all universes, even—could hang in the balance. 

I find this image deeply unsettling. :mellow:

I call dibs on asking Fleur Delacour first. :P

Not only that, but if you look at Discord's right knight you'll find it bears the image of Twilight Sparkle. Assuming all the pieces represent individuals from their respective universes, it's a game with lives on the line. :mellow:

Edited by Kobold King

I'm not sure, if reading all the old Question threads is such a good idea, a lot of that is just fluff.

I know it's fluff, but it's funny fluff.

First of all it would be a high epic because all damage would just be shape shifted away. Second of all, shape shifting into anything they want, they can be a tank if they want to, you cant trust anyone, or anything, they may be a potted plant, or the car you are riding in, or your gun, or a highly armored cyborg with tentacles and bullets shooting from everywhere. Steelheart dreams of being that powerful.

Blood manipulation is one of my favorite abilities.

I probably could as well. Thing is that I dont think the mods will like that much XD

Well, giving it a limitation of mass would work well.

And blood manipulation is something I've played with. But I've also played with an Epic-like character who's quite creepy. He/she can transform skin into a particular grey substance which acts as a kind of replacement skin. He can also affect this material (without needing to touch it), which means he can change its color (making it look like normal skin), and manipulate it. This means anyone he's done this to doesn't realize until their body starts moving without their volition. He can control a person's body rather completely (though he can't make them talk). He can also disguise people quite completely by changing skin color and facial features, which could even result in apparently changed gender, at a cursory glance. I've also toyed with making that substance do things to the nerves, either rubbing them raw and causing constant pain, or maybe isolating them so the person can't feel pain.

I have something quasi-blasphemous to admit :ph34r:

The Reckoners RPG section does look pretty interesting, and I've considered it once or twice. But ultimately, for some reason, the setting just doesn't really appeal to me as much as some of Sanderson's other settings. Which is a pity, I suppose as I am that blasphemous person who spends most of Sanderson Elimination and HttFE RPing instead of killing people do find RP interesting.

I don't really know how to articulate this, but I guess it's just that dystopian settings, particularly those in America, no matter how creative, don't really interest me. I'm kind of saturated by now. (I've been looking for more interesting ones, like Eastern Europe. There's a reason I enjoyed Dragonfall as well...) :/

You know, I feel the same to a point. I'm less interested in the Reckoners setting, though I do know it's ideal for a RP because you can be so creative with powers and the like. I don't mind that it's in America, but I'm also not too interested in dystopia. But for all that, reading through What Happened in Portland is still hugely entertaining.

I call dibs on asking Fleur Delacour first. :P

Not only that, but if you look at Discord's right knight you'll find it bears the image of Twilight Sparkle. Assuming all the pieces represent individuals from their respective universes, it's a game with lives on the line. :mellow:

If you get Fleur, I call Remus Lupin. :P

I was trying to figure out what the heck that colorful piece was. Not to mention the fact that while the bases of Bill's frontmost rook and pawns are black, the rest of his pieces are white. Bill is the villain here, but he's blurring the differences between himself and Discord, making himself—an unrepentant villain—out to be essentially the same as Discord, a reformed villain. Plus, Bill is making it nigh-impossible for Discord to tell which pieces are his and which are Bill's, meaning Bill is probably banking on Discord accidentally checkmating his own king. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

If you get Fleur, I call Remus Lupin. :P

I was trying to figure out what the heck that colorful piece was. Not to mention the fact that while the bases of Bill's frontmost rook and pawns are black, the rest of his pieces are white. Bill is the villain here, but he's blurring the differences between himself and Discord, making himself—an unrepentant villain—out to be essentially the same as Discord, a reformed villain. Plus, Bill is making it nigh-impossible for Discord to tell which pieces are his and which are Bill's, meaning Bill is probably banking on Discord accidentally checkmating his own king. 

Oh! I thought we were picking the most physically attractive characters to bolster our social standing, as is traditional amongst us humans. If we're picking based on pure character awesomeness I'm totally asking Luna. :P

Dang. I hadn't even considered that interpretation. :mellow: Here's hoping the magic of friendship would prevail in the end. :ph34r: Wanna bet that Discord's queen isn't Celestia, as one might expect, but is actually Fluttershy?

Oh! I thought we were picking the most physically attractive characters to bolster our social standing, as is traditional amongst us humans. If we're picking based on pure character awesomeness I'm totally asking Luna. :P

Dang. I hadn't even considered that interpretation. :mellow: Here's hoping the magic of friendship would prevail in the end. :ph34r: Wanna bet that Discord's queen isn't Celestia, as one might expect, but is actually Fluttershy?

See my previous post. :P

You might have competition there. :P 

It's more apparent if you're current with Gravity Falls. Seriously, you thought Bill was scary in season 1? :mellow: 

I'm sure it is. :wub: