Oh, I have lots of music which is impossible to dance to. And lots of music which would be really fun to watch people dance to... and some which may summon eldritch gods if you dance to it, and other which will have you move in 4 dimensions by accident and end up very, very far from home...

While Kobold and Slowswift duke it out for Luna's approval, I'll walk up to her and ask her for a dance. Then after I steal her away and we spend the whole night together I'll walk her back to our common room (Ravenclaw, which we share. It's meant to be!).  :ph34r::P

Or..... well I would like to think that I would do that but I'd probably just be in the corner drinking too much butterbeer and making my napkin float around.........

ds26.png?w=500&h=281

*dies of sheer epicness*

You know, there is a worrying lack of dinosaurs in modern Doctor Who...

While Kobold and Slowswift duke it out for Luna's approval, I'll walk up to her and ask her for a dance. Then after I steal her away and we spend the whole night together I'll walk her back to our common room (Ravenclaw, which we share. It's meant to be!).  :ph34r::P

Or..... well I would like to think that I would do that but I'd probably just be in the corner drinking too much butterbeer and making my napkin float around.........

Ah, but rebelling against gravity is a lot more interesting than following our biological programming.

I'd be the one Ravenclaw (or maybe Slytherin) who brought her pug to the dance, and I'd be standing in a different corner, also making my napkin float around so Bruce could have the best toy ever. :ph34r: 

https://libraryofbabel.info/

A collection of all possible strings of letters. In here, somewhere, is Stormlight 3, the meaning of life, how to bake the perfect muffin, the story of your entire life, the date, cause and location of your death and every message that will ever be posted on this forum.

Of course it is impossible to find any of it XD

If you get Fleur, I call Remus Lupin. :P

I was trying to figure out what the heck that colorful piece was. Not to mention the fact that while the bases of Bill's frontmost rook and pawns are black, the rest of his pieces are white. Bill is the villain here, but he's blurring the differences between himself and Discord, making himself—an unrepentant villain—out to be essentially the same as Discord, a reformed villain. Plus, Bill is making it nigh-impossible for Discord to tell which pieces are his and which are Bill's, meaning Bill is probably banking on Discord accidentally checkmating his own king. 

Do I have to call on one character of the Potterverse? :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure that colored piece is in the image is a certain alicorn librarian that is half of the reason you have a sans in your name. :ph34r:

Please tell me the Citizen dies. <_<

Oh you have no idea. :ph34r:

Edited by Edgedancer

A collection of all possible strings of letters. In here, somewhere, is Stormlight 3, the meaning of life, how to bake the perfect muffin, the story of your entire life, the date, cause and location of your death and every message that will ever be posted on this forum.

You can search it retrospectively... You can find character matches with their search engine. I found the first page of my novel on it. My originality has been ruined.

Edited by TheYoungBard

You can search it retrospectively... You can find character matches with their search engine. I found the first page of my novel on it. My originality has been ruined.

Yes, but you cant find the perfect muffin unless you know it, isnt that wonderful? XD I think that says something about life in general, Im not sure what though...

Honestly your originality was ruined by the idea, Ive always seen art as existing in some kind of platonic ideal, our job as creators is to bring this idea to this world in the best state possible.

... let me put that in realmatics...

All art exists in one state in the spiritual realm.

You then take it from the spiritual realm and place it into the physical realm.

Doing this however you must take the path through the cognitive realm.

There stuff happens that may or may not be good depending on peoples opinions.

You are not a creator, you are a portal. Being a portal is awesome.

YAY!! I'm an awesome portal!!!!!!

Oh, is anybody else excited about the lego Dr. Who set that is coming soon? I fangirl squealed for a few minutes.

I don't know how my mind went to that subject.

Yes, but you cant find the perfect muffin unless you know it, isnt that wonderful? XD I think that says something about life in general, Im not sure what though...

Honestly your originality was ruined by the idea, Ive always seen art as existing in some kind of platonic ideal, our job as creators is to bring this idea to this world in the best state possible.

... let me put that in realmatics...

All art exists in one state in the spiritual realm.

You then take it from the spiritual realm and place it into the physical realm.

Doing this however you must take the path through the cognitive realm.

There stuff happens that may or may not be good depending on peoples opinions.

Take this one step farther:

All stories are channeled through the spiritual and cognitive realm from their origin points - alternate universes.  Every story ever told exists somewhere.  This idea is both awesome and highly disturbing at the same time.

All stories are channeled through the spiritual and cognitive realm from their origin points - alternate universes.  Every story ever told exists somewhere.  This idea is both awesome and highly disturbing at the same time.

Even your thoughts and state of consciousness are just encoded molecules in a specific pattern. Which means that in an infinite creation, you and everything you will ever, could ever be already exists, and you could create a library of potential brain configurations just like the Library of Babel.

Im sorry I broke the thread with philosophy...

The interesting part about this is that it must be true and false at the same time. Considering how often the entire multiverse must be destroyed, yet we are somehow still here.

There are alternate universes where there are no alternate universes.

Even your thoughts and state of consciousness are just encoded molecules in a specific pattern. Which means that in an infinite creation, you and everything you will ever, could ever be already exists, and you could create a library of potential brain configurations just like the Library of Babel.

Which does bring up the question: If one possible random state of matter has the possibility of being indistinguishable from us, then what the storms are we? XD

Somehow all this also brings me to a somewhat funny line I have floating around in my head.

"There are only so many possible states matter can be arranged, the sculpture wasn't one of them."

Im sorry I broke the thread with philosophy...

The interesting part about this is that it must be true and false at the same time. Considering how often the entire multiverse must be destroyed, yet we are somehow still here.

There are alternate universes where there are no alternate universes.

Pardon me if I'm being thick, but is that a joke? If multiple universes exist, then there can be no "alternate universe where alternate universes don't exist." The existence of alternate universes would be independent of whatever laws and quirks govern that universe.

Like I said, probably a joke but I've seen this stated enough times that I begin to wonder if people are being serious. :P

Pardon me if I'm being thick, but is that a joke? If multiple universes exist, then there can be no "alternate universe where alternate universes don't exist." The existence of alternate universes would be independent of whatever laws and quirks govern that universe.

Like I said, probably a joke but I've seen this stated enough times that I begin to wonder if people are being serious. :P

It is a paradox, I believe it even has a name, I cant for the life of me remember the name of it though...

And neither can my cat, not that he should because he wasnt in my company when I read about it, but he is a cat and cats just know things. (Good, distract them with cats before they realize you dont actually know what you are talking about, great plan)

It is a paradox, I believe it even has a name, I cant for the life of me remember the name of it though...

And neither can my cat, not that he should because he wasnt in my company when I read about it, but he is a cat and cats just know things. (Good, distract them with cats before they realize you dont actually know what you are talking about, great plan)

According to both Coraline and the works of H. P. Lovecraft, cats are actually interuniversal travelers who know all things.

According to both Coraline and the works of H. P. Lovecraft, cats are actually interuniversal travelers who know all things.

Which is most likely true, both my cats are house cats, they still manage to disappear. They are probably on mars or something, doing cat stuff. Whatever cat stuff entails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM

Post 666, so have some Iron Maiden.

I just finished Shadows of Self...

Sazed. What are you doing?

That revelation at the end... before, I hated Bleeder. Now... just feels. I can't put my thoughts into words.

Take deep breaths, go sit in a corner alone for a while, try not to cry, cry a lot.

Up the Irons!

I was going to say something about multi-verses and the idea that "infinite timelines mean infinite realities", but it appears that this is not the universe where I do so :P

Up the Irons!

It is the universe where you only imply it.

WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY STUFF

^To summarize the discussion

It's actually ironic that somewhere in the infinite expanse of random strings lies a perfect directory to the entire thing. As well as an infinite number of imperfect ones.