That might help....

I...I don't think she's quite ready for Shadows of Self, if she's broken up about the ending of Hero of Ages. :P Sorry Twi, but you may need to take a couple-month break to recuperate first.

I...I don't think she's quite ready for Shadows of Self, if she's broken up about the ending of Hero of Ages. :P Sorry Twi, but you may need to take a couple-month break to recuperate first.

I don't know if "broken up" is the right way to put it. I teared up, definitely. I knew what was coming, but the sheer bittersweet beauty at the end left me speechless.

A break might be good, though. I have another 500-page book I've barely made a dent in, and then there's Memeborn....so I'll have plenty to occupy my time. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Just finished Hero of Ages.

I am broken now.

It's beautiful, huh? It's probably my favorite ending to any book or series I've ever read. I love it. 

SoS didn't break me up like HoA did, though. It had its moments, but I prefer the Era 1 books to Era 2 books, no contest. 

The ending of HoA is what convinced me to like Brandon Sanderson.

Kelsier's death convinced me that he wasn't afraid to kill any character. HoA convinced me that no one-NO. ONE.- is safe in Brandon's books. But it also showed me an ending that was both tragic and satisfying. It wasn't death for death's sake, killing characters because "that's what people want to see", but because it was the best ending. It was beautiful while being tragic, hopeful and shocking all at once.

The ending of HoA is what convinced me to like Brandon Sanderson.

Me as well. I had only read Alcatraz, Final Empire, and WoA when I finished HoA. The ending there is what prompted me to read the rest of the Cosmere and join this site. It's just that amazing.

Is

Is that

Is that Hipster Martin Freeman

Um.

Yes.

I know, right? Pretzels? Yuck! ;)

No, no, pretzels are harbingers of deliciousness and binge eating.

Has anyone ever considered how strange kissing is?

I mean a human puts their mouth on another human's mouth, and it's considered to be affectionate. Why?

Yes, actually. In a nutshell: I have no idea.

Has anyone ever considered how strange kissing is?

I mean a human puts their mouth on another human's mouth, and it's considered to be affectionate. Why?

When you put it like that

A hug is squishing someone's else's body against yours.

And tears are a natural reaction for getting dirt in your eye.

Life is weird.

I don't know if "broken up" is the right way to put it. I teared up, definitely. I knew what was coming, but the sheer bittersweet beauty at the end left me speechless.

A break might be good, though. I have another 500-page book I've barely made a dent in, and then there's Memeborn....so I'll have plenty to occupy my time. :P

Yeah, it's a damnation fine ending. Now, given that it's the series end I don't consider it an "everyone can die" moment like some do but that doesn't change the beauty of it.

Which book if I may ask?

When you put it like that

A hug is squishing someone's else's body against yours.

And tears are a natural reaction for getting dirt in your eye.

Life is weird.

Well, I think the other ones (sort of?) make sense.

Like, with a hug, it men's you like that person and so you want to be as close to them as you can, and with a getting dirt in your eye, your eyes produce extra lubricants, in order to get that dirt out.

Though I still don't understand why eyes produce extra lubricants during times of emotional distress. :huh: