The first frost is about to roll over us this year, but our wood-burning stove had its piping collapse and we can't start a fire in it for a while. We have a propane heater, but it's not as efficient.

So tonight we'll all be huddling under thick layers of blankets under even thicker layers of blankets. Hopefully that'll keep us plenty toasty, but if it doesn't...

9a0ace7a0291f2d511b45cf391a03daa.jpg

Our heater broke a week or so ago. I had every blanket I could find on my bed, plus all of my jackets and my down coat. I was still cold.

First: I went to a dance tonight. Really fun. ^_^

Me the entire time:

tumblr_m8m9u7w7yr1rafdwyo1_r1_250.gif

Second: I just found out my family is going to a cabin in northern Georgia for thanksgiving. The lows are in the 30's (Fahrenheit). O.O that's colder than it ever gets in deepest winter around here.

I also went to a dance tonight! But it was a contradance, which was even more amazing.

One of my sister's roommates is originally from Ohio, and she talks about hicks quite frequently. I asked her if they were like rednecks, and she just started laughing, so apparently I didn't get the joke. :(

One of my sister's roommates is originally from Ohio, and she talks about hicks quite frequently. I asked her if they were like rednecks, and she just started laughing, so apparently I didn't get the joke. :(

When we lived in North Carolina when I was a kid, my parents talked about "uneducated hicks" behind closed doors rather frequently. One day, my dad brought one of his employees, a man named Jerry, over for dinner. My brother (who was about four at the time) watched him for a while, and then he asked "Jerry, are you an uneducated hick?" Jerry gave a long, thoughtful pause, and then looked at my brother and said "Why--I sho' am, lil' buddy!"

When we lived in North Carolina when I was a kid, my parents talked about "uneducated hicks" behind closed doors rather frequently. One day, my dad brought one of his employees, a man named Jerry, over for dinner. My brother (who was about four at the time) watched him for a while, and then he asked "Jerry, are you an uneducated hick?" Jerry gave a long, thoughtful pause, and then looked at my brother and said "Why--I sho' am, lil' buddy!"

That made me laugh way harder than it should have.

Ever heard of a tagliatelle grande?

I've heard getting hit by one is an unpleasantly sticky experience. :ph34r:

Of course I have. :ph34r:

"You will participate in Carmelita's recital," the treacherous girlfriend announced, "or you will suffer the sting of my tagliatelle grande! Ha ha hoity-toity!"

"It's not really a sting," said one brave child. "It's more of a mild, wet slap."

Edited by The Honor Spren

I know this is backtracking, but I LOVE PASTA(noodles and etc.) SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*breathes*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! I could eat pasta every day! My favorite type is Alfredo pasta with broccoli and shrimp. It is soon delicious!

Yes, I like broccoli. On a random note barely pertaining to broccoli, when I was younger, I used to "plow" my "fields" of potatoes, and plant broccoli "trees".

Don't judge me for this, I am perfectly sane.

Except on Saturdays...

Did anyone watch the OU/TCU game last night? I was there. Ushering. As a Venture scout. And then I got to sit on a wooden bench with the other scout ushers and crane my neck to try and see the screen showing the game and freeze my fingers off in the below-freezing weather.

It was fun!

Edited by Mistrunner

I know this is backtracking, but I LOVE PASTA(noodles and etc.) SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*breathes*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! I could eat pasta every day! My favorite type is Alfredo pasta with broccoli and shrimp. It is soon delicious!

Yes, I like broccoli. On a random note barely pertaining to broccoli, when I was younger, I used to "plow" my "fields" of potatoes, and plant broccoli "trees".

Don't judge me for this, I am perfectly sane.

Except on Saturdays...

I love Alfredo and shrimp! Never tried it with broccoli, though... note to self: make broccoli shrimp Alfredo...   ;)

The reference is from A Series of Unfortunate Events, but it's a real (and really big) type of pasta. The foreman at the Carnivorous Carnival threatens to whip people with it. :P

"Tagliatelle is a type of Italian noodle," the hook-handed man explained, uncoiling the long and damp object, "and grande means 'big' in Italian. This is a big noodle that a carnival worker cooked up for me this morning." Olaf's comrade waved the big noodle over his head, and the Baudelaires and their coworkers heard a limp swishing sound as it slowly moved through the air, as if a large earthworm were crawling nearby. "If you don't do what I say, the hook-handed man continued, "I get to hit you with the tagliatelle grande, which I've heard is an unpleasant and somewhat sticky experience."

1. On the first line write a noun of your choice
  2. On the second line write two adjectives joined by and to describe this noun
  3. On the third line write a verb and an adverb to describe this noun in action
  4. Start the fourth line with like or as followed by a comparison
  5. Start the final line with if only followed by a wish

Cheese

Soft and delicious

Laying innocently

Like a sleeping rabbit

If only I could eat it.

Edited by Slowswift

Cheese

Soft and delicious

Laying innocently

Like a sleeping rabbit

If only I could eat it.

Epics

Evil and murderous

Killing randomly

Like any other Epic

If only they made sense.

Guess who accidentally kicked the power cord out of the computer and lost about twenty minutes worth of coloring work

I accidentally destroyed our computer... by unplugging it with my foot...

I also have :

Shattered my iPod nano(by dropping it too much)

Dropped my cell phone countless times

Broken my camera (by dropping it)

Dropped my kindle p.w. multiple times.

Dropped other kindles

Dropped my friend's phone

I am surprised that I haven't dropped any school electronics...

My smedry talent is dropping/destroying random electronics in weird ways on accident.

Seriously though...

Love

Exciting and new

Come aboard

We're expecting you

Hang on, this is getting off track