I just finished writing an essay, where I kept almost typing "The gods ordained." I don't know, and probably don't want to know what this says about my psyche. Though in my defense, I have been writing essays for about four and a half hours today. I'm going to go change my title to Highprince of Procrastination now.

Just got out of school for Thanksgiving Break, and I was burned out. To reward ourselves for all the hard work we may or may not have put into our first semester, myself and some guys on my hall decided to go on a camping trip. It was cold, it was windy, and a rock jutted into my hip all night, but it was worth it in the end.

post-14018-0-85844100-1448248854_thumb.j

You can't beat waking up to that. 

Edited by patar365

I just finished writing an essay, where I kept almost typing "The gods ordained." I don't know, and probably don't want to know what this says about my psyche. Though in my defense, I have been writing essays for about four and a half hours today. I'm going to go change my title to Highprince of Procrastination now.

One of my semesters for University, I was taking a class called Religion in Society. It was geared towards approaching religion from a sociology perspective, so we had to examine how various religions affected the societies they flourished in. The class was very much lecture oriented, and our entire grade was based around a single 20 page essay, due at the end of the term, about our chosen religion.

I procrastinated until literally the night before it was due. Hadn't written a single word prior. Started writing at 7pm. Paper due at 9am. Finished writing at 7:30am

Aced it. 

One of the proudest moments of my life. Would never do again though.

Random Fact:

The 1999 film Double Jeopardy is framed around a well-known amendment to the US Constitution, stipulating that a defendant cannot be tried for the same crime twice. The film follows a woman whose husband framed her for his own murder, then began a new life under an assumed name with her former best friend and young child. While in prison, she finds undeniable evidence she was wrongfully convicted; and a fellow inmate advises her to exploit the double jeopardy clause once she's released on parole, because this time, she will have immunity from the law.

Viewers might note some problems with this setup--namely, shooting one's ex-spouse in broad daylight is still a crime and allowing one to get away with it sets a bad precedent. The Supreme Court has defined the double jeopardy clause in such a way that only grants immunity for the exact same crime; in other words, this woman would have to kill her ex-husband in the same place, with the same weapon, in the same way, on the exact same calendar day of the year the original crime took place. Given that she spends some years in prison even before she gains the evidence capable of exonerating her, exploiting the double jeopardy clause would be all kinds of impossible.

However, she was purposely framed for murder by her own husband, who left her to rot in prison so he could take off with her best friend and only child. He later murders said friend because she knew too much and sends their son off to a boarding school in Georgia while he lives the life of a wealthy playboy in New Orleans. At this point, the question is not "Would the double jeopardy clause protect her?" but rather "Is there a jury on the planet that would send her back to prison for killing a man like that?"

The answer, quite obviously, is no.

Yeah, that would be totally unacceptable.

...wait a sec; does she become Batgirl?

Nah. She winds up killing her ex in self defense (she shoots but purposely misses and says she wants to send him to prison so he'd suffer like she suffered--in front of a witness so it wouldn't be her word against his in court, but he tries to kill her), she's exonerated and goes to Georgia to reunite with her son.

....though the Batgirl ending would've been better. :ph34r:

I did and now I'm not warm and cozy im still cold and irritated

The ac in my room doesn't work. So in the summer its burning up and in the winter its a freezer but my dad doesn't believe me and the only time he'll ever work to fix anything is when it actually effects him c:

And he wants me to do some design work. Its not even art. Its literally "put this specific shape in illustrator"

Something that he could easily do and learn himself. I'm not doing it. He can go find someone else. Its his project, anyway. Given to him.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

VeggieTales are totally a thing. They also have a song about the gourd with no belly button, and a cucumber singing to his love Barbara Manatee.

Oh! Oh! Don't forget "Monkey"!

If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey, even if it has a monkey kind of shape.

If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey, and it it's not a monkey it's an ape

Well, a kite has a tail--

It's a monkey.

A comet has a tail--

It's a monkey.

Oh! Oh! Don't forget "Monkey"!

If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey, even if it has a monkey kind of shape.

If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey, and it it's not a monkey it's an ape

Well, a kite has a tail--

It's a monkey.

A comet has a tail--

It's a monkey.

That means Calamity is a monkey!!!!!!!

VeggieTales are totally a thing. They also have a song about the gourd with no belly button, and a cucumber singing to his love Barbara Manatee.

Don't forget the one about the stolen hair brush or the one about endlessly walking around a fort or the one about working in a chocolate bunny sweat shop.  :P