Thinking back to the lyrics of their songs

How did I miss that?

Okay well I was in sixth grade during my small obsession with them (mainly from all the Wolf's Rain videos people made from their songs oops), but like. Okay I never realized that. Duh.

I was lucky, my father has great taste in music, first time I really fell in love with a song was when I heard Number of the Beast when I was 4.

This story does my imperceptible heart good. When I went to my first Iron Maiden concert, a couple had their baby with them who was wearing a tiny Number of the Beast shirt.

That's true parenting there :)

The 3 days between Christ's death and resurrection. Well, Christ rises on the 3rd day, so yeah. 3 days.

Huh. I always thought "Pain" had a rather Christian message, but songs like "Riot" threw me off. Mind you, the songs I was raised with didn't even say "hell" unless it referred to the location.

You should let Dax Riggs into your ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5RdVCMZmk

Plato complained about the youngsters in his day, elders have complained about teenagers since the invention of complaining.

Super ninjad

Kaymyth I shall read Swift as Steel as soon as I stop owning in Smash Bros.

It's only an excerpt up so far.  The whole thing probably won't be up online till after the first of the year. :)

May I have a link? Can't find it.

Sure!

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/48516-nanoers-unite/

It's down a ways on page 3.

It's only an excerpt up so far.  The whole thing probably won't be up online till after the first of the year. :)

Sure!

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/48516-nanoers-unite/

It's down a ways on page 3.

It is certainly well written and i enjoyed it and having a protagonist not be a complete fighing expert is a nice change of pace. Not sure if you care for critisim at this point or if you're still to early a work phase for that.

Speaking of fanfics, if I decided to try and ease myself into writing original fiction by doing that werewolf!Draco story I mentioned a while back….would anyone be interested in reading it? 

I'm hopping on on the want train here. :ph34r:

This story does my imperceptible heart good. When I went to my first Iron Maiden concert, a couple had their baby with them who was wearing a tiny Number of the Beast shirt.

That's true parenting there :)

It is verily great parenting. I will see them again this summer, been 5 years since last time XD

EDIT: http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything

Speaking of old people complaining about youth.

Edited by Ookla the Fabulous

It is verily great parenting. I will see them again this summer, been 5 years since last time XD

EDIT: http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything

Speaking of old people complaining about youth.

"This indecent craze called the Waltz..."

Oh, I'm going to enjoy this. :ph34r:

It is certainly well written and i enjoyed it and having a protagonist not be a complete fighing expert is a nice change of pace. Not sure if you care for critisim at this point or if you're still to early a work phase for that.

I'm hopping on on the want train here. :ph34r:

Thanks!  ^_^  She will get better-trained as the book goes on, but I wanted to have her more or less starting from square one.  Ahh, the lengths we go to in order to avoid Mary Sue-dom.  ("Hmm.  How do I keep Eva from getting too cocky too early in?  I know!  I'll throw her off a train!")

If you have more feedback you'd like to give, by all means, PM it over.  This scene, minus a couple of tweaks that I know need to be made, is basically in the same form it's going to be when it goes off to my beta readers.

Regarding music: Christian/Gospel music... eh. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the vocal style, the instruments, I really don't know. But either way, Twi, those songs are ​amazing!

I haven't been doing NaNo this month (school! *shakes fist*), but I did do Camp NaNo last July! :D Speaking of... would anyone mind if I posted an excerpt from that?

My parents have zero time management skills. They went out for dinner tonight and said they'd pick something up for me. So I've been at home waiting over twenty minutes to eat, because they suck at planning how long something is going to take vs how much time they actually have.

And this wouldn't buy me so much if I didn't know I had to act like nothing was wrong, if I were allot be even the tiniest bit annoyed, but no. My mom is allowed to throw a fit when her food is late, but I have to pretend like everything is peachy. <_<