It's funny you guys should think that. My age revealed(?):

Hard to work up the nerve . . .

Why do I have an irrational fear of this?

I seriously make an effort to pretend to be more mature than I am

It's actually not that hard.

The big reveal . . .

14. I'm 14 now, but when I joined I was 13. :mellow:

*nervously averts eyes*

Huh. I had you pegged as eighteen, sixteen at the youngest. I'm afraid this site is going to spoil me when it comes to all the other young teenagers I meet in my life. I'll expect them to be way more mature then is reasonable to expect. :P

Essentially, it's a result of being too skinny to be healthy, and it was praised as a mark of beauty. Can't remember if it started on 4chan or Reddit, though.

Reddit's not overall as bad as 4chan. There's a population of trolls who try to make it a 4chan 2.0, and there are quite a few subreddits that are as foul as the site rules allow, but there are also a number of very nice corners of it with a friendly user base and mods who work tirelessly to keep it clean.

So yeah. The worst of the worst originates on 4chan, the blacker part of Reddit propagate it, until it finally cycles around and makes it before decent human beings who want no part of it. <_<

On a more pleasant note, I saw the last Hunger Games movie last night. Although I've pretty much outgrown the series, I felt they did an excellent job adapting the material and using costumes to convey theme. Though I have to admit, I think the sequel everyone really wants is called Johanna Mason and Haymitch Abernathy Being Themselves. Just have the actors stay in character and follow them around set for a week. :ph34r:

Also, rant about a trailer below the spoiler. Hidden because the movie looks creepy as heck and I don't want anyone who doesn't want to think about it to have to see it against their will.

So the movie is called The Boy, and it's a creepy doll story. Apparently, a wealthy British couple had a son named Brahms. When he died, a lifelike doll that looked like him appeared in their house a few days later, so they treated the doll like their son. When they go on a weeklong trip, they leave the doll in the care of a house-sitter....who is just in it for the money, takes advantage of her employers' absence, and treats the doll like something she found under her shoe. Supernatural punishment shenanigans follow.

Now, I know this woman isn't the most genre savvy person around, but there's a point where lack of genre savvy ends and plain old stupidity begins. If, for some reason, a real person found themselves in her situation, there are some good and healthy responses. If you took a job from a wealthy couple who claimed a creepy doll was their dead son and paid you three times your annual salary to follow a list of rules regarding said doll, here are your options.

If you do believe in the supernatural:

1. Assume the doll is a demonic manifestation and run like Braize. Screw the extra money and take a second job at McDonald's.

2. Assume the doll is actually the dead boy and that he is horribly trapped, probably frightened, and follow the rules to the letter. When the couple returns, take the money, claim you can't return due to scheduling conflicts, and run like Braize.

If you do not believe in the supernatural:

1. Assume the couple is insane and run like Braize.

2. Assume the doll is equipped with high-tech surveillance cameras and sensors, follow the rules to the letter, and go above and beyond the call of duty. When the couple returns, take the money, claim you can't return due to scheduling conflicts, and run like Braize.

Do not, under any circumstances, TREAT THE DOLL LIKE CRAP SO YOU CAN USE THE EMPTY HOUSE HOWEVER YOU PLEASE! Seriously!

And you'll probably do it in chain mail. O_o

Now, now.  I'd say that there's at least an equal chance that I'd do so while dressed in full steampunk finery.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I'm sincerely hoping this isn't how some of you see this thread, now. :P

I plead the Fifth!  <_< 

Elbereth - I'd say mid to late 20's.

Voidus - I second Elbereth. 30's. You're humour is Pythonesque, and you have a sort of exuberance to you, but you seem to deliberately go out of your way to do that, rather than having it be your 'normal' speech. Does that make sense? That's the most accurately I can describe it.

Huh. Well, that's interesting. I'm 16. I have been told in real life that I'm mature for my age, though.

Also, I went and saw Riverdance recently, and it was AMAZING.And then I went and saw If/Then the next night, and it was also AMAZING. And then I hit 50,000 words.

It's been a good few days.

Also, I went and saw Riverdance recently, and it was AMAZING.And then I went and saw If/Then the next night, and it was also AMAZING. And then I hit 50,000 words.

And I'm just currently watching Feet of Flames :D the world is small :P

For the interested I'm actually 22 (I think, I tend to lose track)

To keep the thread properly random, here's one of my cats sleeping :) I think we can all agree that she had some sweet dreams :)

Reminded me of an old picture of mine dreaming :)

20150519_145151_zpsjnuxvt4v.jpg

Does she just do her business totally not even near the litter box?

Does she sometimes use the litter box and sometimes not?

My advice considering cat's that don't know how to use litter box:

- Place the litter box in the place the cat usually pees.

- Try different litter - there are many kinds, wooden, silicon or bentonite. I personally found that my cats like the bentonite kind the most.

- If the cat sometimes uses the litterbox and sometimes not, try adding another litter box. Cats like to have a choice where they do the thing.

- If she's a kitten, she may be just too young to use litter box.

- If she's an adult, than maybe she has some bladder problems - if so, take her to the doctor.

Thank you so much! She is doing better :).

And fettuccine alfredo is butter in the shape of noodles.

Edited by Ookla the Secretive