Pulse looked confused at warriormark , the sudden glitter and the wormhole terminal. He liked some small amount of sanity. "I... I can only acess part of my knowledge when I manifest in this Realm. The average velocity of an unladen swallow is not part of that knowledge. And the nearest genie is behind the wormhole terminal.".

After a moment of thought, he dissolved into darkness and turned into a raven, flying towards Maggie. He had presenciated events like that one before, but the presence of so many other unnatural beings still made him anxious, even if most were not as transcendent as him. She, at least, seemed slightly sane. Even if being near her probably meant feeling she eat.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

My age:

I won't copy Ookla the Articulate. I'm 15.

Don't make fun of me, Kaymyth.

Hey, I was 15 once!  You know, back in the Dark Ages.  (OK, the early 90s, but same diff.)

Well, I would just laugh at it and be done if it wasn't 235 pages long. How? Why? How is there that much randomness in the world?

You ask this thing when we're nearing 400 pages of Random here.

So... I was thinking... Since Random Stuff V is now a RP, should we start Random Stuff VI sooner for the non-RPers?

Nah, the RP storm won't last that long. People will get bored and get back to posting normal--or at least, vaguely more normal random stuff in no time. :P

Hey, I was 15 once!  You know, back in the Dark Ages.  (OK, the early 90s, but same diff.)

You ask this thing when we're nearing 400 pages of Random here.

I suppose that's a fair point, but this is just random randomness. That is randomness on a topic. This is...

5es4fs.gif

tumblr_inline_nibjozyvfS1qg9f9k.png

3ey6PEk.gif

vroom vroom

Edited by Ookla the Star-Goddess

Aw, I missed the RP madness.

And thus sanity ends, thought Mist, as she stared out over the void. All was silent, save for the rubber ducks.

I needed to post something, at least. :P

A black raven flew by and perched itself on a branch from a nearby tree. In the blink of an eye, were it once stood there was now a a translucid, ghostlike man whose skin and clothing were grey. He stayed silent a moment before saying shyly: "Well, maybe we could... start it again?"

EDIT: I finaly felt like adding a profile pic. Generic nevermore!

A few days ago, a friend sent me the link to Shia LaBeouf's "Just Do It" video, which I hadn't seen before. Today, Cracked did an article on how people go about the creativity thing wrong, which basically amounted to "Art is work. Get off your butt and do it already."

Point taken. I set an alarm on my phone reminding me to write for half an hour every day. Guess I'm doing my New Years resolution a month early. :mellow:

A few days ago, a friend sent me the link to Shia LaBeouf's "Just Do It" video, which I hadn't seen before. Today, Cracked did an article on how people go about the creativity thing wrong, which basically amounted to "Art is work. Get off your butt and do it already."

Point taken. I set an alarm on my phone reminding me to write for half an hour every day. Guess I'm doing my New Years resolution a month early. :mellow:

Awesome! :D

If you need a prompt, you can do something like my aunt: she writes letters to all her nieces and nephews for a writing warmup. The letters are from a dragon named Flamber. He likes brownies and making song parodies about major events. :ph34r:

Awesome! :D

If you need a prompt, you can do something like my aunt: she writes letters to all her nieces and nephews for a writing warmup. The letters are from a dragon named Flamber. He likes brownies and making song parodies about major events. :ph34r:

Man, your aunt sounds awesome. Can I just....borrow her or something? :P

One of the things the Cracked article suggested was coming up with a bunch of ideas, knowing they'll suck and you'll have to rework them tomorrow. I'm currently clueless about how to start, so I'll do that first. And I'll also read research books for half an hour every night, since this story is based in history. And if anyone has advice for how to shut up the voice in your head that says "Thiiisssss suuuuuucksss and when people read it, they'll know yoooouuuuuu suuuuuuck...." I'd be much obliged.

I like to think I took part on the Random Stuff RP as a writing warm-up, but it is more like the Shard kept from writing my book about witchcraft, betrayal, dreams, cannibalism, treason, romance, black magic, cannibalism, imagination, love, hate, and perhaps hope.

It must sound weird that one of the most moral characters in the book I am trying to write is a cursed cannibal and I still consider it an optimistic story about forgiveness.

Put it in Creator's Corner for us to read.

*shamelessly attempts to get a free advance copy* :ph34r::P

The first draft will probably suck. This will be one of several attempts I've made at worldbulding, including those back when I was a teenager and thought all good fantasy authors ripped off Tolkien, so....don't know how good I am at it. Fanfic is much easier for me to write, since the world comes pre-made and all I have to do is expand it according to the story's needs.

Really, guys. I once had a world that was a carbon copy of Star Wars, complete with "soundsabers." :mellow:

The first draft will probably suck. This will be one of several attempts I've made at worldbulding, including those back when I was a teenager and thought all good fantasy authors ripped off Tolkien, so....don't know how good I am at it. Fanfic is much easier for me to write, since the world comes pre-made and all I have to do is expand it according to the story's needs.

Really, guys. I once had a world that was a carbon copy of Star Wars, complete with "soundsabers." :mellow:

From what I understand of your story, you have a very good idea, and we have plenty of people here who will be glad to help you worldbuild  make everything work perfectly.