Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

9 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I move to rename it the Used to be About History Channel. :ph34r:

We should have learned from the time before when The Learning Channel changed their name to an acronym designed to give warm fuzzies.

My cat somehow let himself into my room at two in the morning, probably thinking:

'Oh, yeah, I'm gonna walk into Cam's room, and lay on his bed for a minute. Oh, hey, I'm gonna close the door behind myself, because that's a terrific idea. No, not gonna go on the bed. I'll just go get in the closet and meow for a few minutes then go roll around on the floor and up against the door and repeat this for a few hours because he's not waking up."

<_<

Edited by bleeder

When ambushed by a patron on my way to the restroom....

"Ma'am? Do you have a[type of book] section?"

"They're kind of scattered throughout. Let me show you how to search on the card catalog computer."

"I did, and it was no help."

I go to the catalog computer. The monitor is off, and there are no recent searches. 

Yeah. Sure you used the catalog station. <_< 

You work in a library I take it?

my current pet peeve, is when a programmer puts a jobs into the sub system, but neglects to tell us if we need to run them one at a time, or if we can run them all at once.  Knowing we're running these at 5AM.  So, if we don't know something, we have to call them at 5am.  And if they don't pick up, the jobs don't get run, and they bother us wondering why the jobs didn't get run.

I work for a multi-million dollar company, who has offices world wide.  We don't touch production systems unless we have very clear and precise instructions on what to do.  Because messing up production could cost us our job, and the company alot of time and money.

Insincere work emails.

I don't care if you apologise. I don't care if you say you "hope it works," and ask everyone if they can attend.

It's an email from a work supervisor. We both know that refusing to do extra hours when asked isn't really an option. All it does is provide you with a "Well, we asked and you said yes," excuse further down the line.

<_<

43 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Insincere work emails.

I don't care if you apologise. I don't care if you say you "hope it works," and ask everyone if they can attend.

It's an email from a work supervisor. We both know that refusing to do extra hours when asked isn't really an option. All it does is provide you with a "Well, we asked and you said yes," excuse further down the line.

<_<

Just say no. Claim prior commitments you spent money on. Don't let them walk all over you. He's a supervisor not a dictator grand poo-bah ruler of all. 

9 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Oh, I feel your pain. :wacko: How soon is lunch?

Done and eaten.  I'm used to eating at 11:30-ish, so waiting until 12:30 was a bit rough.  (Though better than when I was on a rigid schedule and it usually hit around 1 - I had to do a morning snack back then.)

2 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Reactive hypoglycemia and the universe conspiring to push my lunch an hour later than usual.

I'm in the middle of devouring a pack of Smarties.  I don't even LIKE Smarties.

I use glucose tablets. They're like huge smarties, but literally chalky and gross. Low blood sugar really is the worst.