17th Shard Member at the PureLake

I noticed (while looking at the Alloy of Law map of Elendel) a small annotation in the bottom right corner, by a character named Nazh. I have never heard of 'Nazh' but I believe that he may be the third man at the Purelake, Blunt by name. Blunt is from Taldain, I believe, and I'm curious, what does anyone else know about either Blunt or Nazh.

Chime in, please!! :D

EDIT: Fixed a typo

Edited by loganmathewjohnson

bartbug is correct. Nazh is not Blunt. At this point, we don't know who he is (I don't think), although he has at least one more map that I know of in the artwork in Words of Radiance, and something else in there too. So he's a world-hopper, that much is certain. But as for who? No idea.

The Elendel map was drawn by Isaac Stewart. Zach is a common nickname of Isaac. Zach/Nazh? I mean it's a stretch but... maybe? He's written friends into bit-parts in his stories before; maybe Isaac asked to be some random world-hopper who doesn't actually show up in books, he just draws maps.

Concerning White Sand, check out the latest "State of Sanderson" for info about his future projects. Specifically, "Some fun things are happening here, but [brandon] can’t really talk about them right now."

EDIT: Removed a random space in the middle of "Sanderson".

Edited by Aether

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic