Final WOR cover art

Natans

The lame collar is still there on the uniform, but Kaladin is much much much better.  The cracks propagating from Kaladin's glowing fist are also interesting.  Looks like he just landed with a substantial amount of energy.  The ground is cracked under his foot as well.

Edited by Shardlet

He looks younger and doesn't have a bandanna, so that's nice. Where'd you get it? I see that the image is stored on Tor's site, but can't seem to find it conventionally.

Edited by Kurkistan

He looks younger and doesn't have a bandanna, so that's nice. Where'd you get it? I see that the image is stored on Tor's site, but can't seem to find it conventionally.

S-E-C-R-E-T ;)

Just joking

http://www.tor.com/images/stories/blogs/14_01/WoR-final.jpg

In the "Read an Excerpt from Words of Radiance: Prologue, Chapters One and Two" post, with the other goods.

I just linked their image link.

Edited by Natans

The lame collar is still there on the uniform, but Kaladin is much much much better.  The cracks propagating from Kaladin's glowing fist are also interesting.  Looks like he just landed with a substantial amount of energy.  The ground is cracked under his foot as well.

I actually like the collar. But this is much better. I second Galladon's opinion.

@Shardlet

I, like Aether, also like the collar as this how I would imagine a captain's uniform looking. I'm not sure if you've read the Kaladin chapter where he gets his uniform but its definitely described as having a white collared shirt that has the collar folded outside the coat.

@Shardlet

I, like Aether, also like the collar as this how I would imagine a captain's uniform looking. I'm not sure if you've read the Kaladin chapter where he gets his uniform but its definitely described as having a white collared shirt that has the collar folded outside the coat.

Canon or not, my personal opinion is that it looks lame.  But, since it appears to be canon by your description, it is right.

It is my impression or now he kind have a epicanthic fold ?

Combat knife add, More young. The pose are more natural. Power punch in the ground for awesome affect. "Lightvapor" add. 

Overall i liked, but i miss the red ribbon. In context would make sense him using a bandana or something to over his scar, but I can live it =)

Side note: I still like Shallan portrait better =)

Edited by Natans

Ooh! I like this one much better. Pose remains incredibly super awkward but it might be justifiable if he just hit the ground.

Except, no, wait, the way he's holding the spear makes no sense in that case, nor would the ground only be cracked around his fist. Hrm, what are you up to, Kaladin?

Would pay for Shallan cover, but this is still nice.

Edit: Ooh, ooh, or what about a cover where Kaladin's face isn't shown? It worked well with the first book's cover. He could be facing another cliff on the left, where Szeth waits on the back page. That would be neat! I've never seen a face on a fantasy book that I liked, too, so score if they could get rid of Kaladin's!

Edited by Moogle

Except, no, wait, the way he's holding the spear makes no sense in that case, nor would the ground only be cracked around his fist. Hrm, what are you up to, Kaladin?

The ground is broken under his right foot as well.  His left foot is somewhat obscured by the dust/stormlight?.

Meh, the face still feels a little weird to me. I do like it better than before though - his body posture looks like something that could actually be done by a human being, and he looks younger - appropriately younger.

The ground is broken under his right foot as well.  His left foot is somewhat obscured by the dust/stormlight?.

It doesn't look it is very much. The concentric rings around his fist suggest his fist hit with the most force, ie. that if he was falling a great distance, he landed on his fist.

That would just be too awkward to work, especially given the way his spear is resting - it would have snapped on impact with the ground. I suppose he could have moved it after he hit the ground, but in that case, why is his knee on the ground?

Really, if he just fell from a great height, I think that landing on your knee would be the absolute worst way to go about it. Ow.

No, I get the impression here that Kaladin is Lashing the ground or... something. Maybe he hit his fist on the ground in a HULK SMASH moment?

Edit: Ooh, or perhaps he Lashed a rockbud in Szeth's direction, sort of like a coin being Pushed. If it had burrowed into the stone, Lashing it up and out would probably take a lot of force, and might explain the cracks?

Edit2: No, there's no hole where his fist is. I'm so confused!

Edited by Moogle

It doesn't look it is very much. The concentric rings around his fist suggest his fist hit with the most force, ie. that if he was falling a great distance, he landed on his fist.

That would just be too awkward to work, especially given the way his spear is resting - it would have snapped on impact with the ground. I suppose he could have moved it after he hit the ground, but in that case, why is his knee on the ground?

Really, if he just fell from a great height, I think that landing on your knee would be the absolute worst way to go about it. Ow.

No, I get the impression here that Kaladin is Lashing the ground or... something. Maybe he hit his fist on the ground in a HULK SMASH moment?

Edit: Ooh, or perhaps he Lashed a rockbud in Szeth's direction, sort of like a coin being Pushed. If it had burrowed into the stone, Lashing it up and out would probably take a lot of force, and might explain the cracks?

Edit2: No, there's no hole where his fist is. I'm so confused!

I like the idea of a hulk smash moment where he propels things away from him. The dust settles.... *this snapshot*

*o* Lord!!!!! I love this Kaladin!!!!! He just looks so right and so close to what I pictured him after becoming the captain! This one is much better than the former ones. So glad to see that he is much younger now! Love the shading of his hair and his face features are also great. Oh man this could be another reason to get the hardcover... It seems that the uniform is also modified a little bit? I'm getting to like it. His pose looks better and the glowing hand is awesome! (Is he doing Lashing or something?)

I do have to agree wiht the Collar. whenever i hear them talk about the coats and military style in the book I've always pictured a chiniese minimal collar type jacket. Like Bruce Lee wears... or a priest. which I think is an awesome style. Not modern large lepel style collars.