Where do shard blades go when dismissed?

Chlehrma

Because Shardblades cut in the Spiritual Realm, most assume that they're stored in the Spiritual Realm as well, rather than Shadesmar (the Cognitive Realm). However, to my (admittedly rather limited) knowledge, there isn't any WoB on the subject, so we'll have to wait on Words of Radiance to be sure.

Edit: Typos/Clarification

Edited by AonarFaileas

Shadesmar's your best bet. Personally, the idea of a soul storage appeals to me a lot more. Seems like anyone with a bit of stormlight can hack into Shadesmar at a drop of a hat, but souls are traditionally harder to crack.

Also, in the latter situation, there is always the slightest chance that the shardblades will turn out to be sentient and can "bond" with a KR, thus become an OP bankai!

Please don't downvote me! This will be my last anime reference, I swear!

Edited by Colby Jack

hehe... For a quite a while it was an acknowledged "fact" here on the forums that shardblades were stored in the Spiritual Realm.  Then we realized that the only WoB we had on it was in reality a RAFO... (this is why we should always try to link to our sources, to prevent the spread of not-really-facts)

Nice!

They get stored in my attic.  They make lots of noise too, popping in and out of the stack, always shifting.   :D

How did you get the floor of your attic invested?  They'd slice through mine in no time.  I'd keep them in the basement.  I think it would be cheaper to refrigerate them in the basement too ;)

I'm glad this came up. I've been wondering about the difference between Shardblades having mist around them when summoned, but spren having none when they appear. I know that's not a lot to go on, but it seems to me that they come from different places. It's also a nice symmetry of KR having one thing from the Cognitive Realm (spren) and one thing from the Spiritual (Shardblades...and Plate?).

• Chaos locked this topic