What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

On 10/27/2016 at 2:41 PM, Hood said:

I just recently finished Longmire season 3. Tbh, things seem to be getting downhill there.

Anyway, does anyone know some similar serials (crime, drama, detective, social issue) ? Preferably where the good side wins (I don't like tragedies, like Chinatown).

Stick with Longmire if u haven't. Season 4 and onward is Netflix produced and really ups the quality. There's also still plenty of source material to use. 

Has anyone else here binged Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel? Right know I'm pretty knee-deep in the Buffyverse, on Season 4 of BVS and Season 1 of Angel. 

As far as movies are concerned, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Moana were both awesome! Highly recommend them.

Edited by WritingBookworm

2 minutes ago, WritingBookworm said:

Has anyone else here binged Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel? Right know I'm pretty knee-deep in the Buffyverse, on Season 4 of BVS and Season 1 of Angel. 

As far as movies are concerned, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Moana were both awesome! Highly recommend them.

I watched both series in their entirety during my high school years with my parents and younger brother. I think overall, I liked Angel better. (Possibly because I'm a sucker for hero vampire characters.) Also! @Ookla the Pug-whisperer (normally known as TwilyghtSansSparkles) is in the process of watching them too, and I think she's even in the same seasons as you are right now.

I haven't seen Moana yet, but I've heard all sorts of good things about it and I can't wait to see it!!

35 minutes ago, WritingBookworm said:

I've never seen an episode of Angel, but I've binged through BVS twice 

The new teaser trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" !!!!

And the dozens of "reactions" videos are fun to peruse through as well - - the thing I love most is the diverse ages, races, and genders of fans who are so keyed up for this one movie.

May 2017 caNOT come soon enough! :D

Just finished rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender for the first time in like 7 years. I was about 8 or 9 when I first watched it, so it was actually really cool seeing it with a different perspective. Then I discovered that Legend of Korra is a thing, so I'm going to spend my weekend binge-watching that too ^_^

16 hours ago, Nashan'Elin said:

Just finished rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender for the first time in like 7 years. I was about 8 or 9 when I first watched it, so it was actually really cool seeing it with a different perspective. Then I discovered that Legend of Korra is a thing, so I'm going to spend my weekend binge-watching that too ^_^

Avatar the last airbender is one of my favorite shows ever! My reaction to legend of korra can best be summarized as "meh". Its not bad, but a far cry from its predecessor.

10 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Avatar the last airbender is one of my favorite shows ever! My reaction to legend of korra can best be summarized as "meh". Its not bad, but a far cry from its predecessor.

Well, I'm about two and a half seasons in now (procrastination is a wonderful, terrible, thing) and while it's not as good, I think that's largely because there is no overarching goal like there was in A:TLA.

11 hours ago, Ammanas said:

27 minutes ago, Nashan'Elin said:

Well, I'm about two and a half seasons in now (procrastination is a wonderful, terrible, thing) and while it's not as good, I think that's largely because there is no overarching goal like there was in A:TLA.

Pretty much sums up my feelings about these two shows.

I thought Korra was great while able to watch before channel was dropped. It's the Alloy of Avatar and benders aren't the all powerful beings they once were thanksvto tech. We get bending we ve yet to see in it much like the new medals. Korra was fun to watch. I need to finish it one day for sure

On 12/13/2016 at 10:32 AM, Ookla the Sunrise Watcher said:

First season of Korra was really good and I wouldn't hesitate to place it above some of the ATLA episodes or even seasons.

then... Season two has highlight of Wan's story and that's about it. Season three is good, Season four not so much.

I just finished season 4 (very slightly post-show sad right now) and I agree, it wasn't as good as the others. I still enjoyed it, especially the last couple of scenes. 

10 hours ago, Orlion Determined said:

I tried to watch Arrival. But my body decided to get really tired and sick  and I couldn't stick around to finish it.

And Amy Adams being the worst does not help matters either :ph34r:

I just saw it last night, and I really liked it. Amy Adams is definitely not my fav, but I did like her performance in Arrival more than in other films I've seen her in. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Left said:

I just saw it last night, and I really liked it. Amy Adams is definitely not my fav, but I did like her performance in Arrival more than in other films I've seen her in. 

That's good to hear! 

I probably should have waited, but I didn't know how long it would be in theaters. I'll definitely have to give it another go, probably when it's been released for home entertainment.