Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

17 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

So, you might not know this from my activity here on the shard, but I've been having a really hard time lately. Some family issues have been breathing down my back and it's really taken a toll on me. I haven't really felt like myself. It's been difficult, and I've been struggling mentally and emotionally for a very long time.

But then today, for the first time in probably a couple of months, I realized that I really felt comfortable being myself again. And it felt wonderful. It wasn't a dramatic surge of excitment or a powerful wave of joy, more like a feeling of contentment, but still! I haven't felt that in a long time. I know things won't ever be the same or even the way that I really wish that they'd be, but things will be okay. Even though my family might be falling apart, I can still be happy. 

But it's hard. And I could still use a couple of hugs

*Hugs* I'm glad that you were able to have a good day yesterday. I'm sorry that you've been having such a rough time. Good luck, man. If you need us, we're here for you.

5 minutes ago, Casual Elantris Enjoyer said:

I'm going through a really really bad section of mental health right now

I need your whole stock

*hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs and oreos and Raoden and more hugs* i'm so sorry :(

Spoiler

omg i forgot about your Marsh i will get that to you soon!!!

2 hours ago, Casual Elantris Enjoyer said:

I'm going through a really really bad section of mental health right now

I need your whole stock

*hugs, understanding, unconditional love, care, bacon*

You are an amazing human, even when you fail or others mess things up. You are loved, no matter what happens. There are people who care. Hold on! Get out of your head and make yourself see the people who care about you.

@InfiniteInsanity, I'm genuinely glad that you're on the shard. I can tell that you care about people and want to help. That's a special gift! And I'm really grateful for your help for me, personally. 

PLUS you helped make THIS which I laugh about at least once a week with my friends. That definitely makes you good in my book 

Zero Mos. One Moose. Two Meese. Three or more Meesen.

Zero Gos. One Goose. Two Geese. Three or more Geesen.

Zero Shop. One Shoop. Two Sheep. Three or more Sheepen.

Zero Oux (pronounced "oo" like in Demoux and Renoux). One Ox. Two Oxes. Three or more Oxen.

Zero Foux. One Fox. Two Foxes. Three or more Foxen.

Zero Boux. One Box. Two Boxes. Three or more Boxen.

Zero Mus. One Mouse. Two Mice. Three or more Meeses (Reference the song about Scrooge in A Muppet Christmas Carol).

Brilliant! Just brilliant!!

Wait a second, the insane one needs hugs? Why didn't she say so?

That's... Insane of her.

@InfiniteInsanity

*hugs*

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. As usual, I don't know what to say. I don't have words. But we're here for you if you need us, okay?

You'll be alright.

Edited by That1Cellist

@InfiniteInsanity, you are amazing. You’re super fun to RP with, and it’s easy to tell that you’re so talented. We’re always here for you, and I’m so glad that you’re on the shard! Breathe through it. You’re strong. You can get through it.

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Hello, peoples.

I think our good friend InfiniteInsanity could use some hugs.

If you see this, could you @ her with some helpful kind words?

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

@InfiniteInsanity, I'm genuinely glad that you're on the shard. I can tell that you care about people and want to help. That's a special gift! And I'm really grateful for your help for me, personally. 

PLUS you helped make THIS which I laugh about at least once a week with my friends. That definitely makes you good in my book 

Brilliant! Just brilliant!!

2 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

Wait a second, the insane one needs hugs? Why didn't she say so?

That's... Insane of her.

@InfiniteInsanity

*hugs*

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. As usual, I don't know what to say. I don't have words. But we're here for you if you need us, okay?

You'll be alright.

2 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

@InfiniteInsanity, you are amazing. You’re super fun to RP with, and it’s easy to tell that you’re so talented. We’re always here for you, and I’m so glad that you’re on the shard! Breathe through it. You’re strong. You can get through it.

Thank you. I really needed it today.

On 2/4/2023 at 4:45 AM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate you.

also it was late and i was upset and i kind of overshared ;-; sorry ;-; gunna just maybe hide that post ahaha

That's really hard. I'm a bit late to this, but Imma send hugs anyway *sends hugs*

On 2/4/2023 at 6:45 AM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate you.

also it was late and i was upset and i kind of overshared ;-; sorry ;-; gunna just maybe hide that post ahaha

I was late and I didn't see your original post but whatever it was *hugs* You are amazing!

52 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

@InfiniteInsanity I haven't interacted with you all that much, but you seem like a great person and a great roleplayer! I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

This is basically the same opinion I have of you @InfiniteInsanity. Here's some hugs *hugs*

I've been having a rough time of it lately. I can't focus, I always feel tired, and I have trouble with motivation. I'm unable to focus on work that I should be able to do easily (ADHD is fun), and I keep falling behind, losing my footing on easy things. That in turn makes me feel even worse about myself, leading to more stress, until I feel like a wrung-out husk unable to make it through the day.

Bleugh. I know that I need help, but I can't get any! The few people whom I trust enough to talk to are all people who I can't go to. I keep on trying to take it easy, do things that I enjoy, but I don't have time, and I don't know if I can make it out.

Thank you for reading this.

8 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

I've been having a rough time of it lately. I can't focus, I always feel tired, and I have trouble with motivation. I'm unable to focus on work that I should be able to do easily (ADHD is fun), and I keep falling behind, losing my footing on easy things. That in turn makes me feel even worse about myself, leading to more stress, until I feel like a wrung-out husk unable to make it through the day.

Bleugh. I know that I need help, but I can't get any! The few people whom I trust enough to talk to are all people who I can't go to. I keep on trying to take it easy, do things that I enjoy, but I don't have time, and I don't know if I can make it out.

*hugs*

I think I have an idea of what you feel. I could very well have ADHD, but I could never ask to try and get diagnosed.

I wish I had much advice for you. It's especially tough that you are unable to reach out to the people you trust. Keep trying, if you can. Remember that we are all here to support you. I hope you can start to improve soon.

1 hour ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

You could literally be describing my life. It's terrible; that feeling of having failed is always there, as is the knowledge that there are things you should be doing. And just like you said, that only makes it more stressful. Even when things seem to be okay, they aren't, because you know that there are so many things you're doing wrong. 

I get it. It's rough. I've been supposed to be doing homework for the last 2 hours and I haven't written a single word. Breathe. Get on YouTube and find one of those cheesy 10 minute meditations and take it seriously. Murder someone. Write. Plan what needs to be done and exactly when you need to do it. Be specific. Get off the shard and make yourself some bacon. I know that things don't always work, because in the end, you just need to grit your teeth and do it, and sometimes it just doesn't work. I can only say things that have, occasionally, helped me, but there's no real solution that I'm aware of. What I do know is that you will make it out. If you're anything like me, it comes in waves. If you can hold on through this one, it'll recede. Do what you can, but even if you fail and have all F's, beating yourself up and stressing will only make it worse. 

Whatever happens, you got this. There are people here for you.

I feel pretty awful. I'm sick and home, but I have a final essay due tomorrow. I enjoy actually being in my classes, and my interactions with other people are usually fine. It's just when I'm home, everything is awful. I can never get anything done, I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with my brain but I feel like I can't tell anyone. I don't feel like I can talk to my counselor either because maybe I'm wrong and I don't want him to tell my parents or anything. I hold myself to high standards with school, but I know that I'm going to lose my footing soon enough. When I do, I'm probably just going to get even more stressed and depressed. I don't talk to my friends enough, and I don't feel like they care. Sometimes I just want to stop having to do life.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I feel pretty awful. I'm sick and home, but I have a final essay due tomorrow. I enjoy actually being in my classes, and my interactions with other people are usually fine. It's just when I'm home, everything is awful. I can never get anything done, I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with my brain but I feel like I can't tell anyone. I don't feel like I can talk to my counselor either because maybe I'm wrong and I don't want him to tell my parents or anything. I hold myself to high standards with school, but I know that I'm going to lose my footing soon enough. When I do, I'm probably just going to get even more stressed and depressed. I don't talk to my friends enough, and I don't feel like they care. Sometimes I just want to stop having to do life.

Try taking that first step. Tell someone and if they don't listen, don't get discouraged, keep going until you find someone who will listen to you. It is incredibly hard, nearly impossible feeling to tell someone about your personal struggles, but when you do and they listen. It will feel incredible to have that weight off and someone who can help you get help.

You are an incredible person with a bright future ahead of you and I'm glad that I've gotten to know you through here and your writing. You may not believe me and that is just fine. But I know that there is a savior out there who loves you and I have felt his love for me and I want to pass it on. You are loved and it is okay to not feel okay.

*Hugs*