Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

7 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

me too. wanna talk about it?

5 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Same. I feel that on a whole different level. These last few weeks have been something. Today was... tiring. How about you?

*shrugs* There's just...too much, and I care about all the wrong things. There's too much time feeling alone, too much time feeling forgotten, too much time letting time pass by without putting in the massive amount of work it stays just to stay alive.

5 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I have sickness

And 87% in art

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

*shrugs* There's just...too much, and I care about all the wrong things. There's too much time feeling alone, too much time feeling forgotten, too much time letting time pass by without putting in the massive amount of work it stays just to stay alive.

I get that. And I want you to know that I'm so proud of you. So so so proud of you. You are trying so hard and that is so admirable. Keep breathing. If thats all you can do then 

Spoiled for cursing

Spoiler

for f**ks sake you'll get good at it

1 minute ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

I get that. And I want you to know that I'm so proud of you. So so so proud of you. You are trying so hard and that is so admirable. Keep breathing. If thats all you can do then 

Spoiled for cursing

Reveal hidden contents

for f**ks sake you'll get good at it

Thanks, sister. I...thank you. ❤️❤️❤️ 

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

I think I'm speaking for all of us when I say that we are here for you! *hugs* reach out if you need a... more personal conversation? ♥️

love ya sister!

57 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Stars. I'm tired. 

50 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

me too. wanna talk about it?

48 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Same. I feel that on a whole different level. These last few weeks have been something. Today was... tiring. How about you?

47 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I have sickness

And 87% in art

*hugs all* 

I'm a bit tired too.

And I want you all to know that I think you're incredible young women and that you're all going to do amazing things. ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

I may be an idiot to some of the people i know, but in this moment, i know what to say: work is worth more than anything else combined. so put in the work.

18 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

I may be an idiot to some of the people i know, but in this moment, i know what to say: work is worth more than anything else combined. so put in the work.

Ah, my friend, I wish it were so simple. It isn't. Work can do a lot, but there are some things it can't change. There are some people who will always be better, have more, be stronger, without ever needing to work for it. That's just the way this work is. Though, of course, I'm also far from perfect at consistently putting in the work. Some days it's all I can do to get out of bed in the morning; some days I can't even do that. I'll get there, I'll get stronger eventually, just...sometimes, work doesn't pay off.

(sorry, I didn't mean that to sound confrontational or rude, it's just been a very long day and I speak from personal experience)

(also, we're all idiots sometimes. That's okay).

Edited by Edema Rue

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Ah, my friend, I wish it were so simple. It isn't. Work can do a lot, but there are some things it can't change. There are some people who will always be better, have more, be stronger, without ever needing to work for it. That's just the way this work is. Though, of course, I'm also far from perfect at consistently putting in the work. Some days it's all I can do to get out of bed in the morning; some days I can't even do that. I'll get there, I'll get stronger eventually, just...sometimes, work doesn't pay off.

but the work still needs to be done.

how do i end up arguing with people yet again?

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

but the work still needs to be done.

how do i end up arguing with people yet again?

Sorry that was my fault. I'm so sorry.

It does, and that's why I'm so tired, I think; I'm tired of working and not getting anything I can see out of it.

*disappears because I'm not making any sense and it's only causing problems*

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Sorry that was my fault. I'm so sorry.

It does, and that's why I'm so tired, I think; I'm tired of working and not getting anything I can see out of it.

*disappears because I'm not making any sense and it's only causing problems*

*grabs you because im not making sense either and yet its a decent conversation because i havent crossed any boundaries with you guys*

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

(sorry, I didn't mean that to sound confrontational or rude, it's just been a very long day and I speak from personal experience)

(also, we're all idiots sometimes. That's okay).

*hugs*

It doesn't sometimes. And... that's just life.

Life sucks, but it's also beautiful. Oh so beautiful.

Just keep going! It'll get better eventually. Just keep moving, keep striving, keep trying. And... someday... you'll wake up and it won't be as bad anymore. You'll move along with your life and it will be lighter. It will still be heavy, but not as heavy. Not by a long shot.

It's not a lot, but it's very much something. A tangible something that has hope, the most valuable thing.

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

*grabs you because im not making sense either and yet its a decent conversation because i havent crossed any boundaries with you guys*

:3

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

*hugs*

It doesn't sometimes. And... that's just life.

Life sucks, but it's also beautiful. Oh so beautiful.

Just keep going! It'll get better eventually. Just keep moving, keep striving, keep trying. And... someday... you'll wake up and it won't be as bad anymore. You'll move along with your life and it will be lighter. It will still be heavy, but not as heavy. Not by a long shot.

It's not a lot, but it's very much something. A tangible something that has hope, the most valuable thing.

Thank you, Thaid. There is beauty. I can believe that, even if I don't see it right now. 

Edited by Edema Rue

warning: long and completely insane rant incoming

Spoiler

So basically I have been addicted to video games (or rather a specific game) for like a year now and it's been completely ruining my life bc i'm a student and instead of doing the work i had to, well i was just playing, sometimes all day long (i do mean that, there has been days i just got out of bed, ate my breakfast, started playing and just kept on until bedtime, pausing olny for lunch and dinner)

it's a miracle i validated last semester honestly the main reason is that most of my grades were group projects where i pulled... lets say far less than my weight

some of you might remember how i basically disappeared from the shard overnight last year, well that was when the addiction ramped up significantly

i've tried all parental control softwares existing out there to try limiting myself but that kind of things is useless when you have the password to give yourself just another hour time and time again

and now it's really starting to crush me i have tons of work to finish in the next days/weeks 

and guess what i have been doing yesterday all day long instead of doing that work

i just kept repeating myself "you'll have time to do all of that later" WELL NOT ANYMORE YOU MORON

i just uninstalled for like the fifth time in two months, i set up several of those parental control things so that they block me from reinstalling steam and then they block each other, but i know one day or another i'll find a way around like all the previous times "come on just an hour each day, this time you'll be able to limit yourself" and then i start playing and never stop

and now all the work i have to do, the exams coming soon, the project to finish tomorrow, the mooc to complete today, the internship i should have found like yesterday but i haven't even started searching... it just feels like a mountain except it's entirely my fault it's like this

i havent been doing anything with my life for so long now and it's driving me crazy

3 hours ago, Just a Silvereye said:

Hide contents

So basically I have been addicted to video games (or rather a specific game) for like a year now and it's been completely ruining my life bc i'm a student and instead of doing the work i had to, well i was just playing, sometimes all day long (i do mean that, there has been days i just got out of bed, ate my breakfast, started playing and just kept on until bedtime, pausing olny for lunch and dinner)

it's a miracle i validated last semester honestly the main reason is that most of my grades were group projects where i pulled... lets say far less than my weight

some of you might remember how i basically disappeared from the shard overnight last year, well that was when the addiction ramped up significantly

i've tried all parental control softwares existing out there to try limiting myself but that kind of things is useless when you have the password to give yourself just another hour time and time again

and now it's really starting to crush me i have tons of work to finish in the next days/weeks 

and guess what i have been doing yesterday all day long instead of doing that work

i just kept repeating myself "you'll have time to do all of that later" WELL NOT ANYMORE YOU MORON

i just uninstalled for like the fifth time in two months, i set up several of those parental control things so that they block me from reinstalling steam and then they block each other, but i know one day or another i'll find a way around like all the previous times "come on just an hour each day, this time you'll be able to limit yourself" and then i start playing and never stop

and now all the work i have to do, the exams coming soon, the project to finish tomorrow, the mooc to complete today, the internship i should have found like yesterday but i haven't even started searching... it just feels like a mountain except it's entirely my fault it's like this

i havent been doing anything with my life for so long now and it's driving me crazy

* gives many massive hugs *

5 hours ago, Just a Silvereye said:

Reveal hidden contents

*also gives hugs*

5 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

* gives many massive hugs *

3 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

*also gives hugs*

Thanks to both of you, you have no idea how much it means to me. Really.

Also, I have managed to somewhat catch up on some of the work I had! Turns out when instead of not doing things while stressing about not doing them, you actually do them... well they look not as daunting as before! 

Next days/weeks are certainly going to be rough, but if I can keep the steam going (never been my strong suit...), I should get out of it.

7 minutes ago, Just a Silvereye said:

Also, I have managed to somewhat catch up on some of the work I had! Turns out when instead of not doing things while stressing about not doing them, you actually do them... well they look not as daunting as before! 

Next days/weeks are certainly going to be rough, but if I can keep the steam going (never been my strong suit...), I should get out of it.

I feel you. just keep moving. 

1 hour ago, Canada Lover said:

I'll be your shardbuddy too, both of you. (Whatever that even means).

@[Redacted] @Edema Rue

Otay!! Hehe I might need to move mine to my about me at some point…

16 minutes ago, Just a Silvereye said:

Keep breathing, keep pushing. It won’t be easy, but you can do it. We’re here to listen or talk or just be a distraction if you ever need it.

20 hours ago, Just a Silvereye said:

hey, if you ever need someone to tell you to chill out, im here. 

On 11/19/2023 at 2:22 AM, Just a Silvereye said:

Reveal hidden contents

First of all, not completely insane. At best only a smidge insane. Second of all, it might be a problem, but the first step to fixing that problem is acknowledging that there is one, which can honestly be really hard, so you're already doing good. Just try to take it one day at a time. Try to go just one or two days less every week, or month and you'll have it under control. You've totally got this. *hugs*