Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Ack sorry I’m late!!

That stinks. I’m so sorry. I feel it too, I get up at 5 every morning and can never fall asleep, and I know that it really makes everything seem worse. I wish I knew a way to help, but…yeah. Ugh. *hugs*

*hugs hugs*

We love you, MP!! You’re incredible, and funny and talented. You deserve more than this world will ever give you. Don’t let it or your mind ever tell you otherwise.

:wub: Thank you, Eddie ❤️ 

14 hours ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

I don't think my school has a doctor sadly.

I might be exaggerating about how little they listen, but I have a really hard time asking for things for myself. I think I'm gonna try to be more up front about asking them. 

Oh no! Anything I can do??

Spoiler

A mix between a husky and a pug is called a HUG <333

I am dying.

It's finals week.

And of course my stomach is having issues.

I sat through it all today. Barely. 

I don't want to do it again.

And of course instead of getting better or even just staying the same it's gotten worse. Instead of an ache its like someone's poking my insides. Not stabbing just poking. Hard.

And there are things I am no where near prepared for because last week I had something going on everyday and so the time I was gonna use was instead spent trying to sleep and rest this all away which did not work at all. 

So now I don't know what to do.

14 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

I am dying.

It's finals week.

And of course instead of getting better or even just staying the same it's gotten worse. Instead of an ache its like someone's poking my insides. Not stabbing just poking. Hard.

And there are things I am no where near prepared for because last week I had something going on everyday and so the time I was gonna use was instead spent trying to sleep and rest this all away which did not work at all. 

*hugs hugs hugs*

37 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

I am dying.

It's finals week.

*more hugs*

44 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

I am dying.

It's finals week.

*hugs*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So uh 

Remember this? 

On 11/19/2023 at 12:22 PM, Just a Silvereye said:

warning: long and completely insane rant incoming

Hide contents

So basically I have been addicted to video games (or rather a specific game) for like a year now and it's been completely ruining my life

i just uninstalled for like the fifth time in two months, i set up several of those parental control things so that they block me from reinstalling steam and then they block each other, but i know one day or another i'll find a way around like all the previous times "come on just an hour each day, this time you'll be able to limit yourself" and then i start playing and never stop

Well, guess what happened these last couple days.

Back to the start, everyone. Again.

I hate myself so much.

11 hours ago, Just a Silvereye said:

So uh 

Remember this? 

I hate myself so much.

*ahems* Sir. Completely incorrect. why do you think you keep going back to video games? do you not have anything else to fill your life with?

50 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

*ahems* Sir. Completely incorrect. why do you think you keep going back to video games? do you not have anything else to fill your life with?

Spoilered for length. But it needed to get out in some way.

Spoiler

Well, I played so much I am just used to play all the time now. That's why I keep coming back - just by habit. And because of the dopamine rush when I play, sometimes. And I have plenty of other things to fill my life, indeed, but after a while I just tell myself "Wish I could play just a little bit". 

The thing is, this game has been the only thing I have been dealing with everything else for a while now. Basically I had a complete breakdown about two years ago. I was in a very stressful environment and things went so wrong, in so many ways. It's in the aftermath of all that, when I was trying to forget all of that, that I started playing that game. Lots of stuff were turning in my head, and I was trying to make them shut up in some way.

But then I started playing so much it actually affected my life too. I know now that if I start playing, I'm not doing anything else that day. I need to move on. What happened then is far behind now - I can let it behind me and go on with my life. I no longer have to deal with so much stress - unless I neglect my work for so long that it becomes unbearable.

So yeah. Basically I keep coming back to that game because it was the main (terrible) coping mechanism to fight against feelings that are no longer relevant now. In fact, I realized a while ago that the feelings I was trying to silence by gaming was the shame from gaming so much and ruining my life. I tick every box for an addiction and them some. I know there are ways to game responsibly, but I can't. Not right now, and not for a while. I just need to put that old weight down before it drags me through the ground, and go on with my life.

Edit: I know the issue is deeper than gaming. But it makes everything so much worse, it can't stay. When I say "I came back to gaming" I do not mean an hour I mean 6+ hours per day 3-4 days in a row, while disabling the software I had installed specifically to block me from playing so much. It's that bad.

Edited by Just a Silvereye

12 hours ago, Just a Silvereye said:

So uh 

Remember this? 

I hate myself so much.

*many, many hugs*

I know that feeling of going back to the beginning. It's awful; how can you have tried so hard and gone absolutely nowhere? But I promise you now, everyone moves back. Everyone falls down. Sometimes seeing no progress after some of the hardest you've ever worked can make you stop trying. But it's when you keep trying anyway that things finally, finally start to change. Things like this...they don't change in a day, or a week, or a month, or even a couple years. Some things take a lifetime to see even the tiniest bit of progress. And I know that that can seem really down, but...well, no matter how many times you fight this same battle, it doesn't mean that you'll always lose. 

If you have parents or friends or siblings or anyone who's willing to help, use them! And no matter what happens, today and forever, we're here and we care. Don't stop trying, okay? There's hope, even in the darkest of moments.

11 minutes ago, Just a Silvereye said:

Spoilered for length. But it needed to get out in some way.

Hide contents

Well, I played so much I am just used to play all the time now. That's why I keep coming back - just by habit. And because of the dopamine rush when I play, sometimes. And I have plenty of other things to fill my life, indeed, but after a while I just tell myself "Wish I could play just a little bit". 

The thing is, this game has been the only thing I have been dealing with everything else for a while now. Basically I had a complete breakdown about two years ago. I was in a very stressful environment and things went so wrong, in so many ways. It's in the aftermath of all that, when I was trying to forget all of that, that I started playing that game. Lots of stuff were turning in my head, and I was trying to make them shut up in some way.

But then I started playing so much it actually affected my life too. I know now that if I start playing, I'm not doing anything else that day. I need to move on. What happened then is far behind now - I can let it behind me and go on with my life. I no longer have to deal with so much stress - unless I neglect my work for so long that it becomes unbearable.

So yeah. Basically I keep coming back to that game because it was the main (terrible) coping mechanism to fight against feelings that are no longer relevant now. In fact, I realized a while ago that the feelings I was trying to silence by gaming was the shame from gaming so much and ruining my life. I tick every box for an addiction and them some. I know there are ways to game responsibly, but I can't. Not right now, and not for a while. I just need to put that old weight down before it drags me through the ground, and go on with my life.

Edit: I know the issue is deeper than gaming. But it makes everything so much worse, it can't stay. When I say "I came back to gaming" I do not mean an hour I mean 6+ hours per day 3-4 days in a row, while disabling the software I had installed specifically to block me from playing so much. It's that bad.

... wow. im so sorry. weird question, but are you christian or lds? 

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

(Not contradicting you, but just so you know: LDS is a form of Christian :))

11 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

I am not lds. As to whether I'm christian... it's complicated. I don't believe in God, but I feel generally close to christian values. (Meaning in very short: consider everyone as your family, do good around you, be ready to forgive people. I feel obligated to clarify, because sadly over the centuries people have put lots of things I completely disagree with under the "christian values" umbrella.) And some of my happiest memories are from my time in a church group a couple years ago.

So I would sum myself up as "agnostic but close to the line with christian". Wow, this took way more time to explain than I thought it would.

1 hour ago, Just a Silvereye said:

I am not lds. As to whether I'm christian... it's complicated. I don't believe in God, but I feel generally close to christian values. (Meaning in very short: consider everyone as your family, do good around you, be ready to forgive people. I feel obligated to clarify, because sadly over the centuries people have put lots of things I completely disagree with under the "christian values" umbrella.) And some of my happiest memories are from my time in a church group a couple years ago.

So I would sum myself up as "agnostic but close to the line with christian". Wow, this took way more time to explain than I thought it would.

alright. well, i dont know what to say. I was just gonna say pray, not necessarily to God in any case, just pray to some higher power for help. idk what to say beyond that. going to therapy can help, finding friends who text you every once in awhile to tell you to stop, etc.

It feels like my school finds something new to slap a policy on for every new semester . . . Ever since I was a freshmen they've been adding more and more rules and deadlines and systems and hoops to jump through and honestly I'm not even surprised anymore. It's so frustrating but at this point, I've realized that being frustrated with it isn't going to fix anything.

I get the fact that lots of students are failing or not attending at all, but in my opinion adding more rules won't help that. Those kids who don't care aren't going to start caring when you add more rules, they were already willing to break the rules before, so the new polices won't change anything. The problem isn't that we don't have good enough rules, it's that the students don't care, no matter what the rules are.

(I'm not talking about anyone in particular, I just know that this is why the school comes up with new rules)

Meanwhile, those of us who do care and are trying really hard start to struggle more and more as things get stricter. I'm a pretty good student, so I'm not too worried about failing, but I can't imagine what it'd be like to be a kid who does care, but has a really hard time. 

In the end though, it's not to big of a change and I'll live through it, but it frustrates me to no end. I realize the admin have a different perspective, but from my perspective, this is not working.

I'm just gonna keep reminding myself that I'm only here for another year and half.

Spoiler

I'm just hangry right now I guess . . .

1 hour ago, justice magician said:

It feels like my school finds something new to slap a policy on for every new semester . . . Ever since I was a freshmen they've been adding more and more rules and deadlines and systems and hoops to jump through and honestly I'm not even surprised anymore. It's so frustrating but at this point, I've realized that being frustrated with it isn't going to fix anything.

I get the fact that lots of students are failing or not attending at all, but in my opinion adding more rules won't help that. Those kids who don't care aren't going to start caring when you add more rules, they were already willing to break the rules before, so the new polices won't change anything. The problem isn't that we don't have good enough rules, it's that the students don't care, no matter what the rules are.

(I'm not talking about anyone in particular, I just know that this is why the school comes up with new rules)

Meanwhile, those of us who do care and are trying really hard start to struggle more and more as things get stricter. I'm a pretty good student, so I'm not too worried about failing, but I can't imagine what it'd be like to be a kid who does care, but has a really hard time. 

In the end though, it's not to big of a change and I'll live through it, but it frustrates me to no end. I realize the admin have a different perspective, but from my perspective, this is not working.

I'm just gonna keep reminding myself that I'm only here for another year and half.

Reveal hidden contents

I understand that. School is...unbelievably frustrating at times. You can make it though, I believe in you

6 hours ago, justice magician said:

Reveal hidden contents

*many hugs*

Keep breathing. Keep caring, even though it’s awful that no one else does. It won’t always be this way <33

7 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Noise... cursing... being accused of eating people's food(?)... i hate school sometimes...

*many, many hugs*
School is hard. People are dumb, and they often don’t care for the people around them like they should. It’s not fair that you have to deal with it, but you can get through it.

2 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

*many, many hugs*
School is hard. People are dumb, and they often don’t care for the people around them like they should. It’s not fair that you have to deal with it, but you can get through it.

... thank you.

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

... thank you.

a little better. maybe should have gone to seminary despite the late night? idk.