Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

So I got a job on Thursday (24 November). AND, I got infected with 'chickenpox' on Friday :(. The last two days have been miserable. Body ache + headache+ 102 degrees fever, is a terrible combination. Doctor says, it will take 7 days. And to add to my woes :-

i) I have 6 quizzes from Monday to Wednesday (4 being on Monday).

ii) My friend got placed on 25, so we were thinking about throwing a party on Monday. But it is IMPOSSIBLE now :( .

iii) Lastly, next week I have my final exams (we call them End-sems). 

haven't been on here for a while. okay, I am just so done with everything. 

1. I have my first set of 12th grade exams and I'm just so done with all the stress and I can't sleep.

2. My parents believe that I shouldn't get breaks

3. Every time I talk to them now it feels like an argument

4. my friends have ditched me at school. I'm literally sitting by myself.

5. I'm also being excluded, laughed at and made fun of. I'm just so done. 

@Queen Elsa Steelheart - Massive, massive hug. 

Three pieces of encouragement: Firstly, you will survive this and you will be better for it. 

Secondly: 'This too shall pass'. 

Because, finally, and in the words of the immortal papa Tolkien:

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, the Return of The King

19 minutes ago, Ookla the Incorrigible said:

@Queen Elsa Steelheart - Massive, massive hug. 

Three pieces of encouragement: Firstly, you will survive this and you will be better for it. 

Secondly: 'This too shall pass'. 

Because, finally, and in the words of the immortal papa Tolkien:

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, the Return of The King

Thank you, I really needed that hug. And Tolkien is epic. Trust in Papa Tokien. He is wise :P Summer vacation is in one and half weeks so hopefully this will be pass too :D

3 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Thank you, I really needed that hug. And Tolkien is epic. Trust in Papa Tokien. He is wise :P Summer vacation is in one and half weeks so hopefully this will be pass too :D

Nice! Southern hemisphere eh? Summer vacation will do you good!
And always trust papa Tolkien. He's the best. 

I miss summer vacation. Haven't had one in.... 5 years? 
It would be fine if I were working, but I'm still in school. My uni doesn't believe in having summers off... 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Incorrigible said:

Nice! Southern hemisphere eh? Summer vacation will do you good!
And always trust papa Tolkien. He's the best. 

I miss summer vacation. Haven't had one in.... 5 years? 
It would be fine if I were working, but I'm still in school. My uni doesn't believe in having summers off... 

Uni summers here are like 3 months long. School is six weeks.

3 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Uni summers here are like 3 months long. School is six weeks.

If I chose to take no courses in summer it would be a full semester. However, my program makes taking no courses in the summer impossible as there are a multitude of courses only offered in the summer. You're expected to work through the year. 

Which means I haven't had a break from studying longer than 2.5 weeks since summer 2011. 

Thinking about that makes me need a hug orz. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Incorrigible said:

If I chose to take no courses in summer it would be a full semester. However, my program makes taking no courses in the summer impossible as there are a multitude of courses only offered in the summer. You're expected to work through the year. 

Which means I haven't had a break from studying longer than 2.5 weeks since summer 2011. 

Thinking about that makes me need a hug orz. 

That's awful! *hugs*

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Flighty said:

That's awful! *hugs*

Spent most of this year super burnt out because of this and some things that happened in my personal life. Ended going from August-August with 0 breaks. 
Had a break this august though, which has saved my sanity. 

6 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Thank you, I really needed that hug. And Tolkien is epic. Trust in Papa Tolkien. He is wise :P Summer vacation is in one and half weeks so hopefully this will be pass too :D

I did a double take when I read the thing about summer vaca :P Forgot about the whole "different-sides-of-the-equator" thing. 

Also, "uni" is referring to college, right?

@Ookla the Atypical - Yes, Uni is short for University. There's a distinction in my country (Canada) between colleges and Universities, so we usually differentiate them. 
Colleges are usually for professional and trades diplomas, or for doing pre-work before transferring to a university, whereas universities grant more traditional degree programs. 

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Chibi said:

Life sucks and everything sucks and I feel very trapped and unhappy and somewhat panicking. 

First things first, Del, take a moment to take a breath. Just inhale, then exhale. Don't let the panic overload your head. You are in charge. 

Now... what's wrong? Feel free to rant. 

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Atypical said:

First things first, Del, take a moment to take a breath. Just inhale, then exhale. Don't let the panic overload your head. You are in charge. 

Now... what's wrong? Feel free to rant. 

Thanks. 

So

im stuck in a Hebrew learning program below my level of Hebrew with a bully of a teacher with standards like it's a kindergarten. Don't go to the bathroom during class. Close your textbook we're doing a worksheet now. Stop eating. *says something mildly offensive* -it's just an example of how to use this word in a sentence!

i stepped out for ten minutes to make a phone call I could only make during class time. When I got back in "I'm gonna mark you late if you just leave and don't come back"

i was avoiding class after a break so turned up twenty minutes late. She asks in front of the whole class "so can I know where you've been for the past hour?"

hour?!

if I quit I lose accomodations and have a whole problem sorting out what to do next.  If I stay I'm miserable. It's her own insecurities ans I can ignore them for a day or two but she's wearing away at my poor squishy heart and I don't know what to do. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Pug-whisperer said:

Is there anyone you can report her to? Or some way you can leave her a nasty  ione-star review somewhere?

Her superior wants to know why I keep missing class, I'm seeing her on Thursday; I had a quick conversation with her today and she didn't seem too sympathetic. I might be able to switch to a lower class; I'm bored anyway but at least I'll feel safe. But again, can't do that till Thursday. This person doesn't teach Wednesday so I have to convince my panic centre that it's safe to be in class with her all of tomorrow. Well all of a long morning. 

I also pronised someone some sigital work im not sure I can finish and I'm trying to work out if I should try get a lot done tomorrow  or just tell her personal issues I can't. And just not get paid. 

No on ever said life was so complicated. 

Just now, Ookla the Chibi said:

Her superior wants to know why I keep missing class, I'm seeing her on Thursday; I had a quick conversation with her today and she didn't seem too sympathetic. I might be able to switch to a lower class; I'm bored anyway but at least I'll feel safe. But again, can't do that till Thursday. This person doesn't teach Wednesday so I have to convince my panic centre that it's safe to be in class with her all of tomorrow. Well all of a long morning. 

I also pronised someone some sigital work im not sure I can finish and I'm trying to work out if I should try get a lot done tomorrow  or just tell her personal issues I can't. And just not get paid. 

No on ever said life was so complicated. 

Dial up the pity when you meet with her superior. Try dropping words like "hostile environment" and "singled out." It might help. 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Pug-whisperer said:

Dial up the pity when you meet with her superior. Try dropping words like "hostile environment" and "singled out." It might help. 

The conversation will probably happen in Hebrew but I take your point. Now I can't sleep and I don't know how in earth I can get through tomorrow.