Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Wayfarer said:

That doesn't count. It's more of the overall grade. Like, I had a 90% on some assignments last year, and that was fine, but as soon as saw it as the class grade, I went home and broke down. You weren't there for that part, Canada. Now, enough about me. I'm sure I'll be fine.

At least you don't get constantly insulted because of the seat you chose.

17 minutes ago, Canada Lover said:

At least you don't get constantly insulted because of the seat you chose.

I... have no idea what you're talking about. Anyways, this thread is designed to comfort those who are having a bad day. So enough off topic discussion.

36 minutes ago, Ookla the Pastry said:

...I

am not okay.

It's a tad bit difficult to explain.

*hugs*

So it's been my 17th birthday for about ten minutes now and my elder sister who I completely adored and trusted for nearly all of these 17 years didnt even wish me. We share a room btw. 

And i. I don't know. Recently I've been realising that though I loved her, she's been absolutely toxic to me and because I trusted her so blindly has stopped me from achieving quite a lot of what I wanted to. 

It hurts when you realise that the love was fake all along. And yeah she has her trauma but there's always a choice. 

Always. 

I've also been feeling kind of lonely lately. Cause like, I have friends but I am no one's favourite person. There is no one who is excited by my text, there's no one who initiates a hang out with me, there's no one who wants to tell me al their gossip. 

I'm just...there. i just exist. 

Edited by Cruciatus_heart

2 hours ago, Cruciatus_heart said:

So it's been my 17th birthday for about ten minutes now and my elder sister who I completely adored and trusted for nearly all of these 17 years didnt even wish me. We share a room btw. 

And i. I don't know. Recently I've been realising that though I loved her, she's been absolutely toxic to me and because I trusted her so blindly has stopped me from achieving quite a lot of what I wanted to. 

It hurts when you realise that the love was fake all along. And yeah she has her trauma but there's always a choice. 

Always. 

I've also been feeling kind of lonely lately. Cause like, I have friends but I am no one's favourite person. There is no one who is excited by my text, there's no one who initiates a hang out with me, there's no one who wants to tell me al their gossip. 

i  feel you

4 hours ago, Cruciatus_heart said:

*birthday hugs* I’m so sorry. I completely understand this part, I’m the same way. And happy birthday!

On 11/29/2023 at 8:42 PM, Cruciatus_heart said:

Always. 

*Hugs* You do more than just exist!! You are awesome!! We love you and are here if you need to rant or simply a shoulder to lean on!!

Edited by Nathrangking

On 11/29/2023 at 9:42 AM, Cruciatus_heart said:

Always. 

*hugs* 

On 11/29/2023 at 7:42 PM, Cruciatus_heart said:

Always. 

*joins group hugs* First, happy (slightly belated) birthday! 

I'm really sorry. Realizing someone you love is toxic to you is always painful. Especially someone as close. But honestly, know that you are a really strong person to be able to admit this to yourself.

As for the second part... I can definitely relate. I've been in the same boat for over a year now. You're not alone.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:42 AM, Cruciatus_heart said:

Always. 

We care. And I know that doesn’t make much of a difference in the rest of life, it won’t make the moments less lonely, it won’t give you someone to hang out with or go to dances with or eat lunch with or any of it. But we care. You exist and we are glad. *hugs*

On 11/29/2023 at 1:42 PM, Cruciatus_heart said:

Always. 

I feel you. I spent my birthday with my friends in the hot sun against my will even though I didn't want to do it, and my literal dentist was the first one to wish me a happy birthday via email.

35 minutes ago, Canada Lover said:

I feel you. I spent my birthday with my friends in the hot sun against my will even though I didn't want to do it, and my literal dentist was the first one to wish me a happy birthday via email.

That's because you didn't tell anyone when your birthday was.

I, once again, am having a bad day.

I am conducting an interview for a school project and freaking out about it. I’m so worried that I won’t be able to get the zoom link up or something like that, and the guy I’m interviewing is super busy so I can’t just waste his time. I’ve been worried about this and do my focus hasn’t been great, and I’m not very good at math anyways, and so in math class my brilliant friend who has already taken the class before, the school just didn’t count it for credit, belittled me because I didn’t remember how to do something with it. And I’m not happy right now and not trying to hide it, and so he also asked me if I’m ok. I said no and none of my friends care (I sit with a group of four of my friends). They also asked if I’m feeling depressed, I said yes and once again they didn’t care, they just mocked my answer and me. They don’t mean anything by it but it still hurts, and it hurts more that they don’t care.

So yeah, I’m not having a great day right now.

1 minute ago, Ookla the foolish said:

I am conducting an interview for a school project and freaking out about it. I’m so worried that I won’t be able to get the zoom link up or something like that, and the guy I’m interviewing is super busy so I can’t just waste his time. I’ve been worried about this and do my focus hasn’t been great, and I’m not very good at math anyways, and so in math class my brilliant friend who has already taken the class before, the school just didn’t count it for credit, belittled me because I didn’t remember how to do something with it. And I’m not happy right now and not trying to hide it, and so he also asked me if I’m ok. I said no and none of my friends care (I sit with a group of four of my friends). They also asked if I’m feeling depressed, I said yes and once again they didn’t care, they just mocked my answer and me. They don’t mean anything by it but it still hurts, and it hurts more that they don’t care.

*hugs massively*

8 minutes ago, Ookla the foolish said:

*tackle hugs* im so sorry, just go find some other friends. if theyre doing that to you, they arent your friends.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

*hugs massively*

*hugs massively back*

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

*tackle hugs* im so sorry, just go find some other friends. if theyre doing that to you, they arent your friends.

Well…the thing is they are my friends and I don’t know who else I would find to be my friends. They don’t realize how much what they’re doing hurts me, and I usually enjoy being around them, they can just be very insensitive. And the biggest thing is that there isn’t anyone better to be around at my school, it’s really small and I’ve tried hanging out with different groups, these kids are the ones that accept me the most. But thank you for the advice, it means a lot that people actually care.

17 minutes ago, Ookla the foolish said:

*more hugs*

Friends are tough, school is tough, and it can wear you down. Keep breathing. This isn't all that there is; whatever happens right now doesn't define who you are.

1 minute ago, Ookla the foolish said:

*hugs massively back*

Thank you.

Well…the thing is they are my friends and I don’t know who else I would find to be my friends. They don’t realize how much what they’re doing hurts me, and I usually enjoy being around them, they can just be very insensitive. And the biggest thing is that there isn’t anyone better to be around at my school, it’s really small and I’ve tried hanging out with different groups, these kids are the ones that accept me the most. But thank you for the advice, it means a lot that people actually care.

Oh, i didnt know about that. Well, i would just say be frank about it: tell them that what they do hurts you, and that they are the most accepting to you. thats my advice, take it with a grain of salt.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

*more hugs*

Friends are tough, school is tough, and it can wear you down. Keep breathing. This isn't all that there is; whatever happens right now doesn't define who you are.

That’s very true, and I’ll try, thank you.

7 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

Oh, i didnt know about that. Well, i would just say be frank about it: tell them that what they do hurts you, and that they are the most accepting to you. thats my advice, take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you for the advice, it’s good. My problem with it is I am very bad at talking about my feelings to people, admitting that I’m feeling depressed was really hard already. But that would be a very good thing to do if I can muster the strength.