Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

It's actually incredible how, when I'm upset or in a bad mood, my mom will give me a piece of 'advice' that is not only heart shattering but makes me feel a million times worse.

Granted, I'm really sensitive. Her intentions couldn't be more innocent, she wants to help.

And yet, I feel awful.

Sounds horrible *hugs *

18 hours ago, J. Magi said:

It's actually incredible how, when I'm upset or in a bad mood, my mom will give me a piece of 'advice' that is not only heart shattering but makes me feel a million times worse.

Granted, I'm really sensitive. Her intentions couldn't be more innocent, she wants to help.

And yet, I feel awful.

*hugs*

Mine does the same thing...

*more hugs*

Edited by Through The Living Glass
more hugs

Ok so last summer there was some stuff going on.. so I was pretty lost and friendless like all my friends stopped talking to me and I wasn't really part of the group and I remember at the end of each day counting the number of messages I got from them.. (keep in mind I tried texting a good 10 people a day) and I remember counting and the number going from about 15 at the start of the summer to 2 a day by the middle of end. And I almost feel like it's happening again I got like 6 yesterday and it is really hard on me.. I'm open to any advice 

4 hours ago, strmblsd said:

Ok so last summer there was some stuff going on.. so I was pretty lost and friendless like all my friends stopped talking to me and I wasn't really part of the group and I remember at the end of each day counting the number of messages I got from them.. (keep in mind I tried texting a good 10 people a day) and I remember counting and the number going from about 15 at the start of the summer to 2 a day by the middle of end. And I almost feel like it's happening again I got like 6 yesterday and it is really hard on me.. I'm open to any advice 

Firstly, *hugs*

Secondly, maybe don’t put so much subtext on your count. Me and my friends (around 10 people in the group chat) don’t talk for days at a time. It’s summer, and me and my school friends don’t have school to talk about. We’re still friends, we just don’t text as much. If you need someone to reply, my PMs are open.

12 hours ago, strmblsd said:

*hugs*

Honestly, I don't want to downplay your situation or anything like that at all, but this actually is also normal for my friends and I, as well!

If it's different for you though, try reaching out first or asking interesting questions! That usually works when I want to talk to someone.

*more hugs*

*most hugs*

On 7/24/2024 at 5:36 AM, strmblsd said:

*hugs*

As for advice, well, there's nothing much you can do beyond texting them, so I'd say it's relatively out of your hands in terms of when they respond. I just want to tell you you did a great job in texting them in the first place *cough*cough* AHEM I TRY I PROMISE* but yeah.

*hugs* *again*

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 4:36 AM, strmblsd said:

That really sucks. I get it. That happened to me a few years ago. It's really hard. *hugs*

Spoiler

The only advice I have to give is pretty much just learn to detach and let go. Not in a way that closes you off to anything new ever, but accepting that things change and people leave and life goes on. This is just what worked for me, and feel free to just ignore this and take the hugs.

11 hours ago, liverthescourge said:

Starting school tomorrow. I've been dreading it all summer, and ended up having a panic attack because of it. I don't know how I'm going to get through another year of school.

*hugs* 

I enjoy just reading the Shard to destress, and people here are willing to help in  any way they can. Just think about the day you are about to go through, and  focus on that. One step at a time.

*hugs*

Today's been fine, but I didn't sleep very much at all last night so I slept in and missed a class. So I'm really close to being homeschooled which might be better in some ways, but considering I had a full on anxiety attack when I got home from school yesterday because I was home, I really don't want that to happen.

I'm just really tired of not feeling safe in my own home and around my dad.

18 minutes ago, Wittles said:

Today's been fine, but I didn't sleep very much at all last night so I slept in and missed a class. So I'm really close to being homeschooled which might be better in some ways, but considering I had a full on anxiety attack when I got home from school yesterday because I was home, I really don't want that to happen.

I'm just really tired of not feeling safe in my own home and around my dad.

Ohhh...

*hug*

That's... kinda how it is with my mom. 😅

I thought I was done with this and over her enough to not do this, but I guess not.

Yesterday I had institute (church classes for college age adults) and the whole time all I could think was, "if we were still together I could have invited her to come with me" and when I got home I cried again because I miss her.

And I feel like I have no friends anymore, I stopped talking to them as much when I started dating and it's hard to bring any of my friendships back to life.

I know that it's good for me that I'm not with her cause there were problems in that relationship, but I'm so lonely now and it's all I can think about.

2 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

I thought I was done with this and over her enough to not do this, but I guess not.

Yesterday I had institute (church classes for college age adults) and the whole time all I could think was, "if we were still together I could have invited her to come with me" and when I got home I cried again because I miss her.

And I feel like I have no friends anymore, I stopped talking to them as much when I started dating and it's hard to bring any of my friendships back to life.

I know that it's good for me that I'm not with her cause there were problems in that relationship, but I'm so lonely now and it's all I can think about.

*hug*

On 8/24/2024 at 1:52 PM, Lego Mistborn said:

*hugs* I'm sorry

On 8/24/2024 at 4:52 PM, Lego Mistborn said:

*hugs* Do your friends know how you feel? Have you communicated with them?

37 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

*hugs* Do your friends know how you feel? Have you communicated with them?

I've tried reaching out to them, haven't got responses back from most. I've got friends from church who do still talk to me, but I never really talked to most of them outside of church things, so it's awkward trying to strike up convos now. So right now I've only got one running convo and then people on the shard who talk to me.

1 minute ago, Lego Mistborn said:

I've tried reaching out to them, haven't got responses back from most. I've got friends from church who do still talk to me, but I never really talked to most of them outside of church things, so it's awkward trying to strike up convos now. So right now I've only got one running convo and then people on the shard who talk to me.

Based on wording, I assume you texted or something similar. Is it possible to see them in person?

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Based on wording, I assume you texted or something similar. Is it possible to see them in person?

Not really unless I already have convo going with them.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I don't know even I'm just nervous about everything with my friends again. especially my best friend. I feel like we aren't as close and he seems to hang out with other people and talk to them but never with me and I don't know what to do and I'm honestly just feeling bad about myself and I feel like my friends just aren't close to me.. (any advice or anything is welcome)