Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

1 hour ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

If only we all didn't have brains. Then everything would be alot better. It's sadly true

Fun fact: jellyfish don't have brains. Would life as a jellyfish, unable to read Sanderson books, be better than life as an enlightened human known as a Sanderfan?

It's also worth considering, that there is a species of jellyfish that's virtually immortal! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

But, going back to the topic :(

This night, we had to say goodby to one of the cat's that lived with us in our temporary home. Stefcia was sick with FIP, an incurable virus. She fought with it for couple of months, but eventually her body had to fail :( We took her to the veterinary, so she wouldn't suffer any more as she started to have trouble with walking and breathing... :(

I will always remember her as a beautiful white lady, that used to bite my nose whenever she played with me :(

Fortunately, at least her sister found a new, loving home and is healthy and happy.

Spoiler

20151231_132938.jpg

8 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

It's also worth considering, that there is a species of jellyfish that's virtually immortal! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

This night, we had to say goodby to one of the cat's that lived with us in our temporary home. Stefcia was sick with FIP, an incurable virus. She fought with it for couple of months, but eventually her body had to fail :( We took her to the veterinary, so she wouldn't suffer any more as she started to have trouble with walking and breathing... :(

I will always remember her as a beautiful white lady, that used to bite my nose whenever she played with me :(

Fortunately, at least her sister found a new, loving home and is healthy and happy.

Reveal hidden contents

20151231_132938.jpg

I think I have found the premise of a new magic system. (about the immortal jellyfish)

Anyway, that is so sad Mestiv, my cousin's cat died a while back as well, it was sad too.

*hugs*

5 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Reveal hidden contents

20151231_132938.jpg

I'm so sorry, Mestiv. :( Hugs? 

My ears are both blocked and feel like someones trying to drill through them, my face is congested, my nose is bleeding and now some of that is going down my throat so I keep coughing up blood balls and scaring the Calamity out of myself.

Today is not a good day to be a Voidus, where did I leave my goldminds?

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

My ears are both blocked and feel like someones trying to drill through them, my face is congested, my nose is bleeding and now some of that is going down my throat so I keep coughing up blood balls and scaring the Calamity out of myself.

Ouch. *hugs*

That's even worse than the time a couple years ago when I had an ear infection on a road trip. Through Fresno. And Yosemite. All the elevation pressure change with no ability to pop my ears. Good times. Still better than nosebleeds that don't stop.

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

That's just, ah. I'm feeling for you here, any time summer hits chances are my nose just starts randomly bleeding me a river. Not much I can do from the other side of a screen but feel free to ask for the things I can do.

4 hours ago, Voidus said:

*hugs*

You sure u didn't leave them in the closet? I always leave mine there all the time.

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

*hugs* get better soon Voidus. 

Otherwise, Darkness will become de facto leader of the local DA chapter, and all hell will break loose.

Okay, I've decided: I don't want to go home for Christmas. 

But I don't see a way out of it. They'll be able to look online and see that the library will be closed from the 24th through the 26th, making that the most strategic time to take leave (even though two of those days aren't paid holidays, so I'll either be working to make them up or taking leave anyway). Right now, they want me to stay a week; I can weasel out of that by saying that I only have 5 days of paid leave saved up (which is true) plus one floating holiday, but that I also want to save a day or two of leave in case I get sick or something. 

But aaarrrrghhhh I don't want to dive back into the sea of crazy. 

27 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

But I don't see a way out of it. They'll be able to look online and see that the library will be closed from the 24th through the 26th, making that the most strategic time to take leave (even though two of those days aren't paid holidays, so I'll either be working to make them up or taking leave anyway). Right now, they want me to stay a week; I can weasel out of that by saying that I only have 5 days of paid leave saved up (which is true) plus one floating holiday, but that I also want to save a day or two of leave in case I get sick or something. 

Say no. Don't look at texts. Don't look at Facebook. Use sick days as an excuse.

2 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Say no. Don't look at texts. Don't look at Facebook. Use sick days as an excuse.

If I do that, though, they'll know that I'd rather spend the holidays alone than with them. And that will be like dropping a nuke. Really, they expect me to want to spend the holidays with them, and even if I don't, they expect me to do it anyway—you spend holidays with family, period. For nearly four years when I was a kid, we'd open all our Christmas presents three days early so we could drive down to Oregon and spend the holidays with family that my parents always complained about after the fact. No one wanted to spend the holidays with our overbearing, over-frugal grandmother; or my mom's alcoholic parents; or aunts and uncles and great-aunts and great-uncles who had nothing to talk about with my parents but the weather. But they did, and now they expect the same unless I'm involved in some sort of tragic accident right around the holidays. And I'm not going to fake one. 

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

If I do that, though, they'll know that I'd rather spend the holidays alone than with them. And that will be like dropping a nuke. Really, they expect me to want to spend the holidays with them, and even if I don't, they expect me to do it anyway—you spend holidays with family, period. For nearly four years when I was a kid, we'd open all our Christmas presents three days early so we could drive down to Oregon and spend the holidays with family that my parents always complained about after the fact. No one wanted to spend the holidays with our overbearing, over-frugal grandmother; or my mom's alcoholic parents; or aunts and uncles and great-aunts and great-uncles who had nothing to talk about with my parents but the weather. But they did, and now they expect the same unless I'm involved in some sort of tragic accident right around the holidays. And I'm not going to fake one. 

Have you considered talking with your supervisor about this?

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Out of curiosity, do you live in the same town/city as your family?

33 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Seize your destiny. What are they going to do? Demand to talk to you? Demand you come anyway? You are trying to stabilize a new life, that should be enough. If they get pushy, you are far enough outside their zone of influence to ignore them.

Seriously, just do what you think is best for you, not just merely what you think will avoid the most confrontation.

So this is where we help you fake an accident?

Jokes aside. Is it so terrible that the family you cant stand know that you cant stand them?

Otherwise just use the excuse you just told us, add that Bruce isnt feeling well (technically not a lie...) and say that you dont want to travel with him or leave him alone. Oh she is going to whine, but what is she going to do?