Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Would you be able to copy the profile here just to be sure?

You mean as a new setting or just temporarily?

Sure thing. 

Just temporarily , its about 20 miles outside of Corvallis, so outside of the bubble, but close enough to still be viable for Converter to form in.

*eye twitches*

Yeah Reckoners isn't cosmere so no Hoid cameos in the RP. Also led to a double line 'Some kind of mind epic, no doubt.'

I'd say it could be an Epic coincidentally named Wit, but since this is The Dalles, Vondra would know about him and there'd need to be a reason for his being there. I say take it out.

Ok. Took it out.

Edit: Although, I must say, the double line was intentional.

Edited by JerleShannara

Star Thief's Power Set and background 

Name:Star Thief
Pre-​Calamity Name: Emma  Star Valerian

Primary Power: the creation and manipulation of "shiny's"
"Shiny's" are spherical balls of light that also give off heat. Star Thief can then move those spheres around and change their size as long as it is her slight. At any given time she only can make 1 huge one radius=2ft (SA =50) or four large ones radius=1ft (SA=12ft) or 16 medium ones radius= .5f... etc. In short she can create any amount of shinys whose total SA is equal to 50. The shinies are made of energy, so they don't have a mass, and can be walked through, though it is not recommended as each shiny is 120 degrees Fahrenheit

Secondary power: Teleportation( limited)

Star Thief can teleport any small object, total volume less than one cubic foot, she can see to another position she can see (within 50 ft). She can't teleport living organic matter.

"Shiny's" are spherical balls of light that also give off heat. Star Thief can then move those spheres around and change their size as long as it is her slight. At any given time she only can make 1 huge one radius=2ft (SA =50) or four large ones radius=1ft (SA=12ft) or 16 medium ones radius= .5f... etc. In short she can create any amount of shinys whose total SA is equal to 50. The shinies are made of energy, so they don't have a mass, and can be walked through, though it is not recommended as each shiny is 120 degrees Fahrenheit

Star Thief can teleport any small object, total volume less than one cubic foot, she can see to another position she can see (within 50 ft). She can't teleport living organic matter.

Looks good to me, though I will say that 120F isn't that hot, hotter than is pleasant but it's not going to kill you.

Hmmm, I don't want it to be too offensive, so how about 212 degrees

So about boiling point? That sounds good, it's not going to instantly kill people but that's some serious pain and burns.

So about boiling point? That sounds good, it's not going to instantly kill people but that's some serious pain and burns.

Yup, just enough to really annoy people, but not kill them. 

Also, just as a warning in advance for Star Thief, I have no control over her once she is unloosed, so be warned.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I have an epic that I would like to introduce to Corvallis, but I am wondering how he will be received as they already have bubbles, another forcefield user. My character, Calyx (Latin for shell) uses his forcefields quite differently though.

He is able to use force fields, but he can manipulate the shape and placement of them to use them far more offensively than defensively, such as creating limbs out of force fields to strike enemies or coating his body in a force field and moving it quickly to increase his speed or fly. To balance this versatile ability, he has a rather short range, his fields destabilising and failing if they get to far away. He also has claustrophobia, making him less likely to use this ability in a purely defensive manner.

As I am on mobile I am unable to use spoiler tags as seems to be the norm for epics on this thread, so I apologise for any inconvenience this causes. The RPG seems highly interesting so far, and I hope that this is acceptable!

Edited by BramFinem

I have an epic that I would like to introduce to Corvallis, but I am wondering how he will be received as they already have bubbles, another forcefield user. My character, Calyx (Latin for shell) uses his forcefields quite differently though.

He is able to use force fields, but he can manipulate the shape and placement of them to use them far more offensively than defensively, such as creating limbs out of force fields to strike enemies or coating his body in a force field and moving it quickly to increase his speed or fly. To balance this versatile ability, he has a rather short range, his fields destabilising and failing if they get to far away. He also has claustrophobia, making him less likely to use this ability in a purely defensive manner.

As I am on mobile I am unable to use spoiler tags as seems to be the norm for epics on this thread, so I apologise for any inconvenience this causes. The RPG seems highly interesting so far, and I hope that this is acceptable!

Sounds like a powerful but limited Epic. Just some questions.

What is his range?

How versatile is he with these forcefields?

Does he have any prime invincibility?

Sounds like a powerful but limited Epic. Just some questions.

What is his range?

How versatile is he with these forcefields?

Does he have any prime invincibility?

He can get his forcefields to extend to around ten meters around him in a radius, after which they will begin to weaken and break down.

He can shape them however he wants, usually being very blunt,couch as tentacle type appendages (think the water octopus move for waterbenders from Avatar) but he can also form shields, blades if he was so inclined, orbs etc.

Forcefields can be counted as a prime invincibility I believe, but as they wont activate if he is in danger automatically I don't think they are counted.

Your force fields would not be a PI if they don't pop up automatically to save you from a surprise attack.

Questions:

1) What all can pass through his fields?

2) How thick are they? Bubbles, for example, aren't thick at all, just impenetrable, but you say you can form blades out of them, so I'm curious.

3) You say he can coat himself in a field and, assuming he uses mental control, he can make himself faster and even fly. How fast can he make them move? You'll want to be careful with this, because moving too fast and stopping too quickly will make him go splat in his own shields. Acceleration is a dangerous thing.

Edited by Blaze1616

He can get his forcefields to extend to around ten meters around him in a radius, after which they will begin to weaken and break down.

He can shape them however he wants, usually being very blunt,couch as tentacle type appendages (think the water octopus move for waterbenders from Avatar) but he can also form shields, blades if he was so inclined, orbs etc.

Forcefields can be counted as a prime invincibility I believe, but as they wont activate if he is in danger automatically I don't think they are counted.

Ahh, that clears up a lot. Thank you :)

Have you read Calamity?

I had an odd dream last night.

I dreamt that Iconoclast discovered that he had a long-lost adult daughter, and he got redeemed. He was very blase about all the people he killed. One exchange that I remember:

Someone: Epics have destroyed society!

Icon: Yes, well I can easily see how. After all, I have spent the last.... *looks at daughter quizzically* seven years?

Daughter: *nods* seven years

Icon: Seven years killing people.

A wonderful dream of a long due family reunion. :ph34r:

Not sure if I said this before but if you rename her star stealer and make her a redhead then she's welcome in Shiny Sarkle's extended family. :ph34r::P

Second post in Corvallis! Feedback wanted. I want to make my writing as good as possible.

It was a nice one, although I'm not sure if assuming they are ordinary people is the most loical conclusion after them ranging around and apparently having altered bodies.

Can he change the forcefield's shape after creating it?

Edited by Edgedancer

Quick Question: If I'm adopting an Epic that had a couple of posts in the Dalles (Chef), can I keep them there even though the Dalles is now closed to new Epics or should I move them?

I guess Kobold got the final call on that but yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the general idea.

Ok, so in response to the questions, no one can pass through them, even him, though light and air can. Pretty standard so that force fielders don't suffocate inside their fields. His are similarly almost paper thin, but think of a green lantern construct, he would create essentially a hollow shape that is still strong as it is a force field. And lastly, he does need to be careful in not moving too fast, but I do think he would be able to fly and move pretty fast, but he would feel an unpleasant tugging sensation. I had considered giving him a minor healing power to offset this, but I didn't want to make his power set to similar to prof.

Yes, I have indeed read calamity, and was a bit iffy on the changing of how weaknesses work, though I won't say more as I still can't spoiler tag.

And finally, yes he can change their shape after creating them. For example, i mentioned above how he could do a move similar to the octopus waterbenders move, creating limbs out of face fields that would thrash around him, moving like water. This would require the shape to change to get that water-like effect

Ok, so in response to the questions, no one can pass through them, even him, though light and air can. Pretty standard so that force fielders don't suffocate inside their fields. His are similarly almost paper thin, but think of a green lantern construct, he would create essentially a hollow shape that is still strong as it is a force field. And lastly, he does need to be careful in not moving too fast, but I do think he would be able to fly and move pretty fast, but he would feel an unpleasant tugging sensation. I had considered giving him a minor healing power to offset this, but I didn't want to make his power set to similar to prof.

Yes, I have indeed read calamity, and was a bit iffy on the changing of how weaknesses work, though I won't say more as I still can't spoiler tag.

And finally, yes he can change their shape after creating them. For example, i mentioned above how he could do a move similar to the octopus waterbenders move, creating limbs out of face fields that would thrash around him, moving like water. This would require the shape to change to get that water-like effect

For spoiler type

text

[/spoiler*]

without the *

So he could do the good old squash people inside forcefields trick?

Your force fields would not be a PI if they don't pop up automatically to save you from a surprise attack.

Questions:

1) What all can pass through his fields?

2) How thick are they? Bubbles, for example, aren't thick at all, just impenetrable, but you say you can form blades out of them, so I'm curious.

3) You say he can coat himself in a field and, assuming he uses mental control, he can make himself faster and even fly. How fast can he make them move? You'll want to be careful with this, because moving too fast and stopping too quickly will make him go splat in his own shields. Acceleration is a dangerous thing.

Ahh, that clears up a lot. Thank you :)

Have you read Calamity?

A wonderful dream of a long due family reunion. :ph34r:

It was a nice one, although I'm not sure if assuming they are ordinary people is the most loical conclusion after them ranging around and apparently having altered bodies.

Can he change the forcefield's shape after creating it?

Yes, he can change their shape after creating them. For example, i mentioned above how he could do a move similar to the octopus waterbenders move, creating limbs out of face fields that would thrash around him, moving like water. This would require the shape to change to get that water-like effect

Edit: Sorry about the near-blank post above, my mistake. I have just had a though: most forcefields work by simply being an invulnerable object, and while his forcefields have the similar indestructibility, he can cause them to have a different effect if he wills it, to cancel kinetic momentum that hits them. This way he could catch a falling ally without injuring them, capture enemies whiteout injuring them, and use this feature to make sure he doesn't splat while moving fast, as when he hits the inside of the forcefield it would simply dissipate the kinetic energy. I did consider having this be the main facet of his power, but then his fields should not be an effective melee weapon.

Edited by BramFinem