Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Congratulations Voidus, you just managed to beat kobold out of the positon of "the guy shipped with Twi's sister." :P

Alas there is already a Mrs. Voidus so this ship may be doomed :P

The world would be a sweeter place. :P

I told her this, to which she said: "Voidus is good. I like him." 

I agree, Voidus is good. Twi's sister is also good. And awesome at drawing creepy characters who shall forever haunt my nightmares :P

Alas there is already a Mrs. Voidus so this ship may be doomed :P

I agree, Voidus is good. Twi's sister is also good. And awesome at drawing creepy characters who shall forever haunt my nightmares :P

Alas and alack. :P 

Well, you do have a free pass for requests, so you could request something cute. :P 

Anyone else really excited by (Calamity spoilers)

reverse gifters? I know that deal with Larcener was off base, but there are assumers out there.

Also, Neutrality is a lot more probable.

They're cool, but we knew there were meta Epics from the AMA already. It can generally be assumed that the Reckonerverse is home to any of the superpowers you can find in a typical comic book universe.

Hey guys, I did us all a favor and ponified a new Epic from Calamity. No need to thank me. :ph34r:

Pretty huge spoilers ahead. Do not proceed until you've read the book, no matter how much you think this won't spoil anything for you.

I present to you all... the Larcener pony!

QeAnuuX.png

Yep, he's totally inconspicuous. :ph34r::P

Hey guys, I did us all a favor and ponified a new Epic from Calamity. No need to thank me. :ph34r:

Pretty huge spoilers ahead. Do not proceed until you've read the book, no matter how much you think this won't spoil anything for you.

I present to you all... the Larcener pony!

QeAnuuX.png

Yep, he's totally inconspicuous. :ph34r::P

I don't recognize him at all. Nope. Not one bit. :ph34r:

Though at least all of our pony comics where he's a slontze are practically canon now. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I don't recognize him at all. Nope. Not one bit. :ph34r:

Though at least all of our pony comics where he's a slontze are practically canon now. :P

Headcanon: he's so surly in the book because spending time on Earth is keeping him away from his favorite soap opera. :P

Double post with a spoiler-y Calamity-RP question.

Seriously, there's some whoppin' spoilers here.

In the book we learn that in the alternate universe, Calamity came to Earth, gave powers, and then left, and became known as Invocation. The world thus became more of a comic book setting; there were good Epics and there were bad Epics, but the good Epics seemed sufficient to prevent the total breakdown of society. David's dad is this world's Steelheart and fights crime. Firefight is a guy with flame-related powers. Obliteration is still a slontze and trying to burn up the planet.

Question: What would your Epics / characters be like in the Invocation universe?

For me this is mostly a question of "what would your characters be like if they had their powers without the corruption," but it could still be fun. And David's dad proves that some people who were vanillas in the Calamityverse were actually powerful Epics in the Invocationverse.

A few of mine:

Steven Lawrence works for the San Francisco police department using his retrocog powers from a position of helpfulness and maximum safety. Yes, he still calls himself Backtrack here. No, nobody else ever calls him that.

Thomas Cardinal is still a stern and unforgiving professor in Sacramento. He has the same powerset as he has in the Calamityverse, but makes sparing use of it; his house is home to several oddly stiff and vacant-eyed cats and dogs that were one roadkill, but he's never used his powers on a human being nor does he have any wish to. A fossilized raptor bone once went missing at the university, though, and Cardinal's subsequently published several very intriguing papers on dinosaur biology. From his basement. Which you can't search without a warrant. :ph34r:

A criminal known as "Deathwish" has been active in the underworld across the states. He is still a slontze, but uses his powers in a far less flashy way than in the Calamityverse. He's mostly a nighttime drug runner flyer who pulls off the occasional hit. If the authorities catch him, it'll probably be for soliciting.

Aldo the Enigmatic puts on some of the best magic shows in the country, despite totally not being an Epic. :ph34r:

Samantha Trattner is a normal snarky teenager by day and a masked superpowered vigilante who goes by the name "Darkrose" by night. Because this is the mirror universe and why the sparks not.

In the book we learn that in the alternate universe, Calamity came to Earth, gave powers, and then left, and became known as Invocation. The world thus became more of a comic book setting; there were good Epics and there were bad Epics, but the good Epics seemed sufficient to prevent the total breakdown of society. David's dad is this world's Steelheart and fights crime. Firefight is a guy with flame-related powers. Obliteration is still a slontze and trying to burn up the planet.

Question: What would your Epics / characters be like in the Invocation universe?

For me this is mostly a question of "what would your characters be like if they had their powers without the corruption," but it could still be fun. And David's dad proves that some people who were vanillas in the Calamityverse were actually powerful Epics in the Invocationverse.

A few of mine:

Steven Lawrence works for the San Francisco police department using his retrocog powers from a position of helpfulness and maximum safety. Yes, he still calls himself Backtrack here. No, nobody else ever calls him that.

Thomas Cardinal is still a stern and unforgiving professor in Sacramento. He has the same powerset as he has in the Calamityverse, but makes sparing use of it; his house is home to several oddly stiff and vacant-eyed cats and dogs that were one roadkill, but he's never used his powers on a human being nor does he have any wish to. A fossilized raptor bone once went missing at the university, though, and Cardinal's subsequently published several very intriguing papers on dinosaur biology. From his basement. Which you can't search without a warrant. :ph34r:

A criminal known as "Deathwish" has been active in the underworld across the states. He is still a slontze, but uses his powers in a far less flashy way than in the Calamityverse. He's mostly a nighttime drug runner flyer who pulls off the occasional hit. If the authorities catch him, it'll probably be for soliciting.

Aldo the Enigmatic puts on some of the best magic shows in the country, despite totally not being an Epic. :ph34r:

Samantha Trattner is a normal snarky teenager by day and a masked superpowered vigilante who goes by the name "Darkrose" by night. Because this is the mirror universe and why the sparks not.

Good question. 

Roosevelt Barthes went bad as soon as he realized the extent of what his powers could do. He wanders the streets, latte in hand, toying with the emotions of random passersby. It's rumored that he's pushed a few people to suicide, but as his name hasn't been connected to any of them, he's escaped punishment and continues to do as he pleases. So not much difference from the Calamityverse. He still calls himself Quota. 

Viktor Dyachenko's family tried to push him toward crime-fighting when they saw his healing powers, but he hated the idea of saving ungrateful wretches, day in and day out, with no more time to do what he liked. So, taking advantage of the high crime rates in the surrounding areas and his resurrection ability, he faked his death and fled to another state. He's stayed off the radar, though there are rumors he works as an enforcer for some local gang. 

Hannah Game lives happily with her parents. 

Although the hostage situation at the University of British Columbia gave Jade Delancey a scare, it was quickly resolved and she was reunited with her sister. Not long after, she developed her powers. She kept them secret for a while, and now that she's on her own, is wondering if any Epic teams could use a teleporting matter manipulator….or if she'd be better off stocking and running supplies in rural Alaska.

Nathan Sperry is finishing up his last year at university. He hasn't told anyone about his Epic powers yet, because even he finds them terrifying. :ph34r:

A few of mine:

Altermind would still have used his powers for vengeance and would be doing basically the same thing. 

Emma would be similar, but without her angry tendencies. Her sister would be alive and she'd live with her parents and be happy. If the City Guard still existed, she'd probably still work for them.

Flashpoint would be more immature, kinda snarky, and he wouldn't do much with his powers except get revenge on people like Scorch.